“When Irish eyes are smiling”
Review of Tara Court Hotel

Tara Court Hotel
Ranked #25 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed October 5, 2013

During a recent visit to Thailand, I had the pleasure of staying at Tara Court hotel for 5 nights. My experience during my stay can be summarised in two simple words which were expressed by a Norwegian guest who I met chilling out upon the roof-top pool,"the best".

There is simply no other way to put it and you will find that the service,cleanliness,space,atmosphere,character, comfort and food are of such an exceptional standard that, 'the best' stay is certainly guaranteed when staying at Tara Court.
Everyday myself and my friend ate from O' Garas and I have to say that the quality of the food on offer was nothing short of superb. The menu has a wide range of delicious Thai dishes and also a great selection of european food - which may be ideal for the not so adventurous farang guests :D

The staff at O'Garas are extremely accommodating and welcoming, and it is for this very reason that the bar stands out in my mind as being as one of the most homely bar/restaurants that I have ever been to. I can recall a moment so vividly, when myself and my friend took notice of how relaxed and content everyone appeared to be whilst eating at O'Garas. With all the irish pictures and imagery over the walls it is of little wonder and it makes you realise that, yes there is no place like home, but at the same time, there is no place quite like O'Gara's bar and grill.

The bedroom facilities were nothing short of fantastic. The shower and bathroom was of the highest standard and the bedroom balcony left me gobsmacked as it was huge. The bed was a king size and was probably one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in, so much so that It drove my friend to utter despair due to the fact that I had too many long lie ins when he wanted to go down to the beach.

If you get the pleasure of meeting the owner of the resort, I can assure you that he will also go out of his way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. If you happen to come across irish eyes that are smiling, then you know you have found him. As for me, I hope to find myself back at Tara Court in the not so distant future. 10/10

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank 253marck

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently stayed at Tara Court for 4 nights during a fortnight holiday to Thailand. The reception staff were friendly and helpful and so were the bar staff and waitresses at O’Gara’s. The hotel is clean, well kept and tidy and the apartments (equipped with a modern kitchen, living room with a separate bedroom and bathroom) are extremely spacious, luxurious with very comfortable beds.

Food at O’Garas was fantastic and we ate there most evenings sampling different Thai dishes every night as well as enjoying the cooked breakfast each morning which was fantastic value. The rooftop pool is quiet and private with sun loungers both in the shade and in the sun. Free wifi also in my apartment which was great for Skyping or using Facetime. Overall, a fantastic stay at Tara Court where I enjoyed the friendly banter at O’Gara’s bar and felt very welcome.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicola M
Reviewed July 23, 2013

At last I have managed to stay at Tara Court again, it having been fully booked when I was in Pattaya last November. It was another excellent stay, my room was ready even though I was checking in a little early, and the ladies at reception were as efficient and friendly as ever.

This time I had a 2 bedroom front corner unit on the 5th floor with wonderful views out towards the sea and the island of Koh Larn. I was alone this trip, but really enjoyed the extra space that the large 125 sq m apartment with its wrap around outside terrace afforded me, well worth the relatively small extra charge for a 2 bedroom unit (it was still less than half the price of the room I had at the Hilton in Hua Hin that I stayed in a little later in my trip - review to follow).

I had breakfast and ate in O'Garas a couple of times and still think the Irish Breakfast is excellent, and pretty much large enough to last the day. The British Lions Rugby tour of Australia was in progress whilst i was there and the atmosphere in O'Garas was brilliant with the games up on the large screen TV's.

I used the pool area and it was nice to see that the sunloungers have been upgraded and the area nicely spruced up - it is always good to see ongoing maintenance in Thai hotels as some are great when they are new, but are then allowed to decline in standard as ongoing maintenance does not seem to be a high priority for some management teams, certainly not the case here.

The Pratumnak area where Tara is located is getting busier everytime I visit and I noted this time some new shops and spa's close by that were not there before, also it was easy to get a baht bus into town when required, although I tended to make use of the motorcycle taxis outside quite a lot. I cant vouch for heavy duty WiFi use but the signal in my apartment was perfectly OK for my IPad for email etc.

So in conclusion I still think this is the best value hotel I have stayed at in Pattaya, friendly helpful staff this includes the night staff who man reception during the small hours, housekeeping, reception, O,Garas bar staff etc etc. Another great stay and fingers crossed they will not be full when I hope to come back at the end of the year.

Room Tip: If you can get a high floor 2 bedroom front corner unit you will love the space, views and large ter...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter W
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm currently staying at the Tara Court and must say that this could be a very nice property if it was property managed.

On the bright side, the room is spacious, the beds are comfortable and the view is nice. There is limited but adequate parking; and the layout of the apartment is cozy. If the WIFI worked in a proper way, I could be happy here, even with the single glazed glass doors and windows!

The main problem I've been having is the Internet either is completely inaccessible, or when it finally does connect, it is so low it is nearly unusable for business purposes. I'm currently on the property, in my room, but I can only get workable WIFI access by using my mobile phone as a hot spot. The WIFI in the room is both very very and unreliable. There is only a single tiny bar of WIFI signal sitting on the sofa in this 2 BR apartment.

Making matters more frustrating is that the management team does not seem interested to insure this problem does not exist (proactive versus reactive) ; and the front desk team converts the WIFI problem to a "personality" issue versus a technical and customer service issue. Yesterday I had a scheduled Skype business call and had to cancel the meeting; this was troublesome, to say the least.

I've mentioned this issue to the owner and front desk manager; but the owner seems preoccupied with other business or leisure activities to take responsibility to insure this problem is fixed; and instead turns the problem over to the staff, who is not trained or experienced about WIFI and Internet engineering.

So, I'm frustrated as to why I pay for a nice "luxury" 2 bedroom apartment and must use my mobile phone as a hot spot to access the Internet. It's frustrating and distracts from the potential of this property.

Also, last night there was a lot of noise outside (music from a bar across the street) until around 3 AM. That's not such a big deal; and certainly no fault of Tara Court, but I did notice that most of the new properties use double glazed, more noise-resistant, glass. Here the glass is single glazed; so road noise and bar music does make it through, unfortunately.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank firestardude
campbellThailand, General Manager at Tara Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Firestardude
We appreciate the good comments that you made considering that after many emails suggesting you were going to stay with us on a long term basis we agreed to give you one of the best rooms in the hotel only to find that you had then booked through Agoda for a far shorter term. You also refused to surrender your Agoda voucher to our front desk staff on check-in as is required.
We will attend to each of your comments as best we can.
Wi-Fi:
Both our Thai and foreign internet specialists checked the signal strength, both inside and outside your 2 bedroom suite, and found it to be working perfectly. As you state 1 of your 3 devices worked perfectly. The problem might have been the devices as we had no other guests complain and we know of 1 guest in the room below you who spends a large amount of time on Skype and he was happy with the service. We do not allow our staff to touch or otherwise interfere with guests’ devices. We are at a loss as to why your room had poor internet on this occasion whilst the rest of the hotel was fine

Excessive noise
Our decibel meter readings show no adverse readings and are well within what we feel is the minimum acceptable. We do not feel that double glazing is required.

Proactive management
We feel frustrated regarding this comment. We regularly review all of our facilities; however your main problem of internet is being investigated again by a top local Wi-Fi engineer to ensure that all of our guests have the ability to connect to the internet but your complaint was the only one we received out of 68 apartments.

The owner was taking a well-deserved short break with his wife and young family during your visit and was being updated on a daily basis about your “problems

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Being members at the Varuna Yacht Club, the Tara Court is a perfect location. On top of that, people are friendly and rooms are spacious. The price we paid was a real bargain. We have not expolred all the options the hotel can offer but it was exactly what we needed!

Room Tip: The studio room. You can ask for extra bed for kids
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Collete
We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again: soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The large corner suites at Tara Court provide a welcome cool and quiet break from the frantic life of Pattaya. The Irish bar downstairs offers western as well as Thai food with friendly customers and staff. The receptionists are friendly and welcoming and quickly get to know which room you are renting. Taxis are easy to find outside to get to any of the beaches or shops around. We stayed for a week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Nice rooftop pool too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BucksFizzUk

Dear Buckfizz

We appreciate your comments: especially the one about our friendly customers. We hope that you will become one of our regulars.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed for 3 weeks with my girlfriend and our daughter, we had the most enjoyable stay ever in the Tara court hotel, the staff were the most friendliest and happy staff i have ever seen in a hotel in pattaya, the food was delicious and price was really good, rooms were excellent, and i will be back and i 100% recommend Tara Court.

Room Tip: corner units are nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family