“Horrible Time due to noisy "Upgrade"”

Nova Park Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #161 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed November 27, 2012

After spending 2 pleasant Weeks in Bangkok, we decided to discover Pattaya, so we booked the Nova Park Serviced Apartment in advance - we should not have done this.
There were ongoing questionalbe "Upgrades" and Reformations done, so it was very noisy.
Questionable were the Upgrades, as they only renovated the Bathrooms - I could not shave my Face in clear Light, so unprofessional this "upgrade" has been performed.
The "free" Internet was a kind of Joke - very bad Connections, if any! We wonder, how the Owner can show so´much Ignorance to the Customers, spending Millions of Baht for Bathrooms and NOT upgrading the Internet. We even had no real Rest at the Pool, as the Noise was permanent Disturbing there too. Well, finally, we left and are heading to an Island, in Hope to find Relaxation finally somewhere there

Room Tip: Ask, if all Reformations are complete and if the Internet is working well
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ralf S

Reviewed October 8, 2012

i have stayed in this appartment block many many times and never had a problem. we booked a month in advance and asked for the room we wanted. they did not tell us the place was getting re-furbished. this time they wanted payment asap after a 16 hour flight and god knows since we could relax after car/planes and bus.total about 24 hours. they want you to go and change money. they had builder working all day drilling holes next to the pool. the thai workers used the same pool toilets. when we first arrived the kettle was broke. hair dryer was rubbish keft over heating. ceiling in bathroom was leaking. and the buggy bus driver said wont work in the rain. every other buggy in the area was working. so be warned seems like they only want your money and dont care about customer satishfaction any more. well plenty of better places to stay and probable at a cheaper price with all the hotels going up all over the town,

Room Tip: the rooms in the newest block are better as they are working on the older building nearest the pool...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SCOUSEMAC18
Reviewed April 21, 2012

on my Way back to Australia, I wanted to go shopping in Pattaya and booked the Nova Park Apartments, as I wanted to not to stay in a common Hotel
The only Thing, I can recommend is the very beautifull tropical Garden around the Swimming Pool - the nearby Restaurant has overprized and unhealthy english Food, the "free Internet" is fun, as I could hardly connect from my Room and had to sit in the Garden for answering my emails.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Rubens R
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Hello, I booked Nova, for 7 days, through a 3rd party after busing from Bangkok 3 weeks before to locate a semi-quiet place for a monthly rental. It didn't work out. I try not to complain against the employees, usually they are very attentive though it make take someone to mention it a few times. It turns out my room, 101, is fairly quiet. Good! I was surprised, this being Pattaya.
So, the problems;
1. Old refrigerator does not keep liquids cold. Even putting drinks into the freezer takes a long time to get “real” cold. FYI; I was told to go buy some ice “if”... I did! Not an unusual practice in Asia! Go with the ice; Family mart and 7-11.
2. Provided DVD player did not work. I was told they would/could not get one from another room. I accepted that, though I didn't like it. The DVD player should work, right, if it is in the room. After “mentioning” it 3 or 4 times they replaced it with a new one. Good job! Now it works, as it should have. That's a plus for Nova Park.
3. Free wi-fi internet. Great, it's free. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I tried 101 times; everything I could think of. The “connection” is normally poor or there is no internet access. It says it is connected but also says there is no internet connection. I've seen this before. The problem is with the hotel's connection. This 1990's/2000 style wi-fi is outdated! “Limited Connectivity”, the “connection” was unsuccessful, unidentified network, no network access, limited access and etcetera. I'm sure “you” can relate. It is 2012, man! One minute you are connected, though with a “poor” signal, then by the time you sign in it's gone; “No internet connection!” Time to update to the 21st century! I doubt it is the employees fault. It is whether the owners want to spend money to upgrade. Wi-fi is just air. It should be free and functional.
4. The fitness center needs maintenance.
Other than these items people like this place. I don't k now if the wi-fi is better or worse in the “other” buildings? I hope so! I have the one BR. It is fairly spacious with a “flat” screen TV whose USB connection doesn't work yet the “new” DVD player has one now; “my” music via a flash drive. Just fix the internet and.............”I” would be satisfied. I'm not hard to please, I think? If it works then there is no problem, eh?

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank salemnobody
Reviewed March 3, 2012

The reception staff did not help to identify break fast arrangements - and in the end i paid for it - though supposed to be included in the rates; please check with the hotel reception-at check-in; the kitchen facilities are sparse but adequate, if you mostly eat out; One big omission is that there is no kettle to boil water!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ponn N
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The place is rundown and the staff is rude. There was a permanent stench of sewage in the bathroom. They advertise free wi-fi but the connection is shared with so many as to be unusable. Have a calendar ready to measure the speed of your e-mails downloading.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AsiaHandMontreal
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed here again and again it was ok we had a balcony as per booking and it makes all the difference the place needs to be updated but again we will go back dispite having some things go missing like half a bottle of vodka and shampoo and conditioner but never mind the people are always friendly and free internet and they need to do someting about the sun beds so uncomfy but the poolis always clean and very inviting in the heat and dust that is pattaya. Thanks agin for a pleasent stay nova park and see you soon.

Room Tip: nice place to stay but rooms do need to be spruced up.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple