“Beautiful silk products.”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Beautiful silk products.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I love this store, I always buy my take home gifts there, they have beautiful reasonably priced items that are of great quality. The silk scarves and beach wraps are so soft and flowing or the textured Thai silk scarves are to die for, they also have a range of bags, in subtle shades or way out there colours. The staff are delightful, nothing is too much trouble for them, I have had several comments on the purchases I have made there. I would recommend this store to everyone.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank dizza86

• Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Factory outlet store”
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Read reviews that this is a must-go place when one visit Thailand.

Hence, we specially reserve a day to go to the Royal Garden Plaza for shopping. We were fortunate that our hotel (Sheraton Pattaya) provides free one-way shuttle bus service to Royal Garden Plaza.

Was disappointed as previously we have heard reviews to visit the Jim Thompson factory outlet. Heard that the normal stores is Thailand are supposedly 40 to 50% than Singapore and factory outlet stores in Thailand are even cheaper.

The factory outlet sells household items (e.g. tissue paper box covers, tablecloths, bedsheets etc) , bags, cotton shirts, lipstick holder etc.

There are mainly two types of labels used.
- Where the word "Jim Thompson" is positioned at the bottom of the label, the goods are so much cheaper but the quality isn't good.
- Where the "Jim Thompson" label is positioned at the centre of the label, the goods can be found in the normal stores in Thailand and it is worth the money.

My take :
- If you just want to buy an cheap item with the word "Jim Thomson", this is the place to go.
- But, if you are looking for a nice and quality product from Jim Thompson, you should go to the proper stores.

8 Thank Iwanttogojapan