“Very Thai-ish”

Ranked #64 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
New York City, New York
“Very Thai-ish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Beautiful boutique hotel. Not 5 star quality or 5 star price. But very nice with excellent location. Plenty of shopping, girls, places to eat, girls, beaches, girls, water sports, girls, discos, girls, entertainment, girls, bars, girls, transportation, and girls in the area.
If you want to come to Pattaya and sit around a pool with a Piña Colada in your hand, you can pay 3x the price at nearby chain hotels. If you want a comfortable, modern, well maintained room with a Thai atmosphere and friendly staff, you'll love this place.

Room Tip: highly recommend paying a little more for a court yard view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rick P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at Aya for 1 night, it was located in Pattaya Klang in an alley called City Walk. Therefore it was hard to drive into the Hotel because the market stuff were in the middle of the road. Parking was supplied at another Hotel across the road. We booked a non smoking room but the room had bad smell of cigarettes, and we could not be transferred to a better room..too bad. The location of the Hotel is good. The whole Hotel was perfumed with some Indian aroma oil. We went to swim, the pool was at the 3rd floor, quite clean and cool..however was every exposed. We felt like swimming in a glass fish tank, because one wall that was facing outside was made of see-thru material. The Hotel was rated 4-starred, which we really did not agree with. Because first the air conditioner was loud, second at night from late to after midnight we could hear the door bangs and people shouting and talking in the hall way..really ruin our peace to sleep. One night is enough, and 4 star is unfair rating because the Hotel does not meet the basic qualities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RoriM
Rotorua
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here 6 nights in June and was not overly impressed- rooms stunk of cigarette smoke and our first night we were kept awake by a large air conditioning unit from the hotel across the road. The pool is poorly designed....no sun gets there...not a lot of room to sun bathe and be by the pool. If there were 4 or more people there it was then crowded. The sun barely gets to the pool as it is under a concrete roof therefore the water was cold. On the roof top they have an amazing area that is poorly utilized - this is where the pool should be!! Up on the roof top there is very little shade if you want to enjoy the beautiful day...it gets too hot...and if it drizzles there is no shelter. This area was hardly used as there is nothing there to entice guests upstairs. I would often look over to the hotel across the road with envy as I could see beautiful trees providing shade for the guests over there...plus across the road there was obviously an outdoor eating/entertaining area where guests there could swim and eat etc. Breakfast is not much to rave about...minimal and just adequate....nothing much here at all if you were starving!!! Wifi was ok....on day 4 the wifi was broken and no apologies were given to us for this lack of service as it affected us for 2 days...I had to go to an Internet cafe to communicate with the outside world. The towels by the pool were so bad...thin,faded and very very old. I would clean my car with old towels like these. The location of the hotel was ideal in terms of been close to everything....The gym was minimal but sufficient to keep the most addicted gym user. The air conditioning in our room was not the best...it dripped on our heads throughout the night...I had visions of catching a ghastly disease. The rooms were dark and was difficult to see ....which at times I was happy to ignore. The best thing about our room was that we overlooked the square below us and we were able to people watch ....and we had lots of natural light pouring in for half of the day before it became dingy again. It's a shame that people smoke here because it is very over powering and the little room fresheners the hotel provides to overcome this just adds to the stench of smoke - enough to make you feel nauseous. I also had friends come to visit me at the hotel but they were turned away after been told that I was not booked in there despite them visiting me there the day before. They have a tuk tuk to take you to shopping but again there are rules etc. so sometimes it was easier to get a baht bus on the spur of the moment rather than the 2 hour booking that was required for a little trip up the road. There are better places to stay in Pattaya - don't be fooled over the outward appearance of this hotel......walk away!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I used to stay in this hotel when it was the Fraser's suites. I was happy to come back again with my friends as I had good memories from this place. What a mistake...
The staff is extremely rude and nobody cares about you. Even staying in front of the desk, everybody is looking down to papers and computers, and nobody dare to wish you welcome or so.
We had 3 requested, clearly specified during the booking : 2 twin rooms, non smoking, on the same floor. What did we get ? 2 double bed rooms, on different floors, and smelling cigarettes...
Cherry on the cake, during check out. I took one bottle of Evian from the Minibar. I informed them them to pay. The receptionnist asked me 80THB... Fortunatly I checked the price list before in the room, it was 60THB. Mistake or did he try to get a small extra ? Difficult to say, but knowing their attitude, I would not be surprise if he did it on purpose...
Despite that, rooms are clean and well equiped. The location is good too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PandaBKK
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is situated right at the heart of Pattaya's nightlife, beach and shopping area. Upon checkin I was given a room at the backside while I booked and paid for a courtyard view room. When I mentioned this at the reception desk, it took quite some time to get the room I had paid for and staff had an attitude as if they were doing me a big favour. Too bad first impression. The room was comfortable and compact. Everything worked fine and the room was clean. I did have higher expectations from the breakfast served. It was a comfortable stay but staff attitude and breakfast should have been better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Positive:
The hotel is located right in the center of a night market and very close to a Mall and to where nightlife is. There is no problem in finding places to eat and you just have to step out of the lobby to start shopping!

They have free TukTuk rides going to the pier for island-hopping trips.

They have a roof-top where the city view at night is breath-taking. One can also see what's happening around from the roof-deck.

Hotel staff are accommodating and courteous.

Good wifi connection.

There's a pool but there's not much space to lounge around.

Negative:
No non-smoking room. It seems that all rooms are smoking rooms and they just open the windows to remove smell of cigarettes. In our room's case, the smell didn't quite go away and we have to bear with it each time we have to get inside after a day's trip outside.

The room is quite small and a bit dark.

There is no free breakfast. And food in their restaurant is just average. Not much of choices.

I would have rated this hotel higher if not for the cigarette smell in our room. I'm allergic to cigarette smells so the stay was a bit uncomfortable for me. But for those who do not have these issues, the hotel can be ideal considering that it is not expensive and very close to the Beach Road, and Walking Street where all interesting activities and shopping are located.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the alley where you can see what's happening outside without leaving the ho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We had booked 2 rooms in this hotel, 1 for 8 nights & the other for 4 nights. The staff was very rude, they hated Indians, very racist. Poor service. The rooms were very small and dark. Not even a chair in the room, no sitting at all just a bed and no place to even walk in the room.

Worst hotel and hotel staff.

Never go!