“sound of breaking glass”

Holiday Inn Pattaya
Ranked #9 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
York, United Kingdom
“sound of breaking glass”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

booked a standard room but as a priority club member was upgraded to the suites. firstly the room was superb with fantastic views only thing missing was a king size bed.view from the bath was un real.staff at check in first class. the hotel has been open only 9 months, my girlfriend opend the large glass door to enter the hotel and it shattered covering her in glass.... not been concerned about her health the night porter was blaming her for breaking there 12ft glass door... a 45kg girl breaking a glass door!!! no way... was only next morning the assistant manager appologised and got her to hospita, he was very concerned and did all he could to reslve the situationl. this could have killed a small child.This apart, great location in quieter end of town.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davekaew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The whole entrance of this hotel was magnificant with a theme in everything. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were luxurious with viewing glasses, where person can see his or her partner bathing, which was new for me.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Just come back from a couple of weeks in Thailand and spent a week at the Holiday Inn Pattaya. I stayed there once before a raised a thread about how I was let down, because they offered so much and then failed to deliver.

Anyway, they took the complaint on board and offered me a couple of free nights and a meal.

I took them up on the free nights and added 5 nights on loyalty points (15,000 points a night).

On arrival, I was greeted on getting out of the car with a "Welcome Back Mr Martin" - Martin being my first name, but my sirname is too complicated for Thais to pronounce, so in Asia I am Mr Martin. I was quite impressed at the bell boy knowing who I was, but remembered that they took my photo last time I stayed there and must have used it to prepare the staff. Nice touch.

On checking in, I was upgraded, but it was only when I got to the room that I realised the upgrade was not to an executive but to a full suite - and an impressive one with two balconies overlooking the ocean. Now I was impressed.

It was my birthday during the week and at night I returned to my room (after an excellent surprise birthday bash thrown by some of my Thai friends) to find a birthday cake in the room. I had not mentioned my birthday (personally I rather forget the passing of another year), so this must have been picked up from my profile. A small thing, but I was both impressed and touched.

The next day, the VIP manager came to me as I waited for the lift and I thanked for the cake, but his reason for catching me was to remind me that he would like to offer me a free dinner, which I had forgot about. I took him up on the offer and enjoyed a very pleaant evening under the stars in their italian restaurant - a nice change from the firey chillis!

I have noticed that the comments on Trip Advisor for this hotel have improved significantly and I can confirm that this is now a excellent hotel to stay in - just one year old with all the early problems ironed out and top rate service.

I do have a little bit of guilt of getting such a great service for a week, but only spending the equivilent of £25 in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hawkwind1966
Reviewed June 26, 2010

Perhaps the best Holiday Inn in the world, everything from the lobby to the rooms to the pool to the restaurants/cafe is extremely high quality, clean, brand new and only like $100 per night!

Upgraded to the executive corner room as I am a Royal Ambassador Member, my god, the room was so nice, the views incredible even from the bathroom.

Recommend this hotel for sure if you are in Pattaya

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed June 22, 2010

On my second visit to the hotel, in a short space of time, I had no hesitation in extending my stay for an extra 8 days.
Great service and amazing suite with one of the great hotel views from the balconies.
Service was impeccable and done with a smile, room service was immediate and hotel management were always ready to help. Mr Hans (Food and Beverage Manager) , Mr Craig (General Manager) and Ms Jeena (Spa Manager) always made time for a chat and even a coffee- this has never happened at any other hotel!
The spa is well priced and has great massage and facilities, so relaxing to have a foot massage overlooking the water!
Overall a highly recommended hotel and a really positive experience!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
mumbai
Reviewed June 22, 2010

100% quite & easy, best & new interior good location best beach view, please select the room with last odd digit for para view & carry binoculars.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Sweden
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I stayed in this Holiday Inn from May 28-30. The room and lobby is qutie new and beautiful. However, the service is far from acceptable. First, we went to the bar (called Havana) around 11pm. The waiter told us that the bar will be closed at midnight so we said we will go to another place. The waiter told us that we can stay until 1 am but cannot order anything after midnight so we were ok about that since we brought our wines. However, at 10 mins after midnight, a waitress came to us and told us that they are closed at midnight. I told her that we checked with a waiter and he said we can sit until 1am. She raised her voice back at us that staff need to go home and they have to close the bar. I asked to see the waiter and found out that he already left. At the end, the manager came and told us that he would accomodate us to sit until 00:30. We did not want to argue anymore so just checked and left.
Secondly, in the morning, we went for breakfast and found out that all tables are full and we have to wait for 20mins to get a table. There is only a chef for egg station so we have to wait for 15 mins to get our eggs.
Overall, compared to Courtyard Marriott Hua Hin that we stayed a week earlier, I did not think that they are ready in term of service quality for customer. Strongly recommend to aviod this place

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple