“Great break”

Holiday Inn Pattaya
Ranked #10 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were more than pleasantly surprised with this hotel. Modern, spacious, clean with good facilities. Pleasant, helpful staff. Decent Happy Hour at the Pool Bar . Free WI-FI in public areas. Glad we chose this hotel. Would stay again if in Pattaya.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Pattaya

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed with my family 2 weeks back in this hotel. The location of the hotel is superb, right on the beach road facing the sea. The design of the hotel is such that all rooms are sea facing. Would recommend sea-city facing rooms as the view is awesome. Now, about the hotel...we arrived a bit early than the checkin time of 1400 hrs..however we did not have to wait long and the staff was very helpful and courteous. They immediately gave us a room and in fact they upgraded us to the sea-city facing room. Check-in was quick and efficient.The hotel is near to Alcazar show about 10 min walking distance, however the walk itself is great as you pass by the beach soaking in the pattaya scenery. The hotel has a great sit out restaurant facing the sea which plays band/songs in the evening..simply superb. The swimming pool area is on a higher floor and is divided into kids and adults area which is good as the kids get to play in the water all by themselves...they even have a small slide for the kids in the pool. The adults swimming pool is fantastic facing the sea and you have a feeling of swimming in the sea itself. They also have a kids play room on the same floor. I would like to mention Ms.Suwarin Rachanikorn-Duty Manager,Ms Atchara Darapratan- Assistant Front Office Manager,Arunrawee (Pam) | Reservation Officer,Jirawan Boonthip Ms. (Kung) | Reservation Officer... for having a very helpful attitude specially Ms. Jirawan Boonthip who intervened and ensured that we got the required service..in fact the team had been kind enough to trace my ipad charger and send it across to my residential address on priority....would definitely recommend for a stay...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

One of the best holiday inn ive been to.
Location is nice right in front of the beach road and away from the noise of pattaya night life. Stayed here for 3 weeks and i can say that we had a very good experience here. Also my son had a great time here the kiddie poll was so kid friendly and they have a kids club so kids wont die with boredom haha. And for the adults they had a nice infinity pool. Staffs are all friendly and nice. No prob with checkin and checkouts, the perks of platinum priority club of my husband. Will be back here for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013
HolidayInnPTY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Riyanapot,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay and agree the kid's pool is a brilliant place for the wee ones to enjoy and burn off some energy.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good and clean, but front desk first line people need more training. This is my 3rd time here with priority membership, but the Front desk kept me waiting and let others cut in and check in.
Other than that, View is good and room is clean. No other complaints.
Why does the review requires more than 200 words?

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank zlee6

Dear zlee6,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your difficulties at front desk. Certainly my expectation is that as a Priority Club Rewards member you should receive recognition of your status and not have an experience such as you described.

It was great to hear though that the hotel met your expectations with respect to the view, the rooms and cleanliness. These are important areas to us too.

Should you wish to relay any further information or receive a more detailed response please let me know at garth.solly@ihg.com

Reviewed May 20, 2013

One of the finest hotels in Pattaya. Best location, it's just at the starting point of the pattaya beach road. You can cover the entire pattaya beach road walking or in the 'tuk tuk autorickshaw'. Not very crowded in the front as the beach shacks as about 3-4 min away. ATM's and bike rentals are just next door. Evening musical band performance / jazz is quite good. Swimming pool is awesome, almost looks like it's converging with the sea.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear neetukar,

Namaskar from Holiday Inn Pattaya! Thanks for your great review of the hotel and our location. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay and what a great pic of you and your so at the front of the hotel!

I hope to see you back again soon in Pattaya.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at most of the hotels on beach road, the best hotels are Centara Grand Mirage, Royal Cliff but they are a bit out of the way so its taxi in to town and back again. I was not inpressed with the Hilton, Dusit Thani, Amari or Marriott, but for value for money, location, hotel standard, friendly staff I like the Holiday Inn, next time I will try the Pullman hotel just for a change, but if your going to Pattaya I would recommend the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet at night, Try the Hilton and there is music all nite if you stay in the wrong si...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Alex F

Dear Alex F,

Thanks for the review and feedback on the hotel. Wow, looks like you are a regular visitor to Pattaya and certainly know your way around the hotels in town! I am glad to hear you rate us for great value for money and location.

Look us up the next time you come to Pattaya.... even if you do decide to head to the Pullman to check it out, stop by for a Pizza and a Mojito at Havana.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was good - except for the moldy corners of the bathroom shower area. The amenities, such as the pool, spa and gym looked very inviting but I was there overnight - so I never really had the chance to enjoy them. Breakfast was okay, there was nothing special about it as it was the usual stuff that I find in other hotels - although I must say the bacon was a bit too rubbery for my taste. The coffee shop in the lobby was great. Very nice, friendly, helpful and eloquent staff. The food was also good - including the mojito that came from the Havanna bar.

The nightmare came the morning after, when it was time to check out of the hotel. There was this rude and loud front desk staff who probably didn't like my facial reaction when she asked me for the receipt of my THB 1000 deposit. I was a bit peeved on the fact that I forgot to carry the document with me, but the staff took it that I was upset with her because she asked me to produce the receipt. Eventually I took the cue, and asked her why she didn't have a copy of the document in her record. That set off the long and loud explanation that sounded more like a broken record. What made it worst was when I refused to sign form that allowed the hotel to charge expenses to my credit card (after I leave) that otherwise they could not charge due to the "downtime in their system" upon my check out. The nerve...anyway, I conceded on leaving an email address (mine of course) so the front desk staff would stop talking and embarrassing me (and her) with the other guest.

Eventually, after leaving the hotel - I couldn't help but wonder whether the check-out treatment I got was because I booked through AGODA (cheaper rates) or the front desk staff just woke up on the wrong side of the bed - as my friend who witnessed the whole event suggested. I guess we will never know - but we both agreed that she should be re-assigned to the kitchen or anyplace where she does not have to deal with the guest.

By the way, if you want her name - I have it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jaical2000

Dear jaical2000

Thank you for your feedback and please let me start by apologizing for the poor experiences you had here at the hotel. What you described is certainly below the expectations of my team and I for our guests and for this we apologize.

I would like to be able to further discuss this with you if you would be agreeable and if possible can you drop me a note with your contact details to garth.solly@ihg.com and I can contact you in person.

Again, thanks for being honest with your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.