“Great stay!”

Ranked #11 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Sta. Rosa
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

One of the best holiday inn ive been to.
Location is nice right in front of the beach road and away from the noise of pattaya night life. Stayed here for 3 weeks and i can say that we had a very good experience here. Also my son had a great time here the kiddie poll was so kid friendly and they have a kids club so kids wont die with boredom haha. And for the adults they had a nice infinity pool. Staffs are all friendly and nice. No prob with checkin and checkouts, the perks of platinum priority club of my husband. Will be back here for sure.

• Stayed January 2013
HolidayInnPTY, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Riyanapot,

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay and agree the kid's pool is a brilliant place for the wee ones to enjoy and burn off some energy.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Garth Solly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Pretty good and clean, but front desk first line people need more training. This is my 3rd time here with priority membership, but the Front desk kept me waiting and let others cut in and check in.
Other than that, View is good and room is clean. No other complaints.
Why does the review requires more than 200 words?

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank zlee6
Dear zlee6,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your difficulties at front desk. Certainly my expectation is that as a Priority Club Rewards member you should receive recognition of your status and not have an experience such as you described.

It was great to hear though that the hotel met your expectations with respect to the view, the rooms and cleanliness. These are important areas to us too.

Should you wish to relay any further information or receive a more detailed response please let me know at garth.solly@ihg.com

Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

One of the finest hotels in Pattaya. Best location, it's just at the starting point of the pattaya beach road. You can cover the entire pattaya beach road walking or in the 'tuk tuk autorickshaw'. Not very crowded in the front as the beach shacks as about 3-4 min away. ATM's and bike rentals are just next door. Evening musical band performance / jazz is quite good. Swimming pool is awesome, almost looks like it's converging with the sea.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear neetukar,

Namaskar from Holiday Inn Pattaya! Thanks for your great review of the hotel and our location. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed the stay and what a great pic of you and your so at the front of the hotel!

I hope to see you back again soon in Pattaya.

Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at most of the hotels on beach road, the best hotels are Centara Grand Mirage, Royal Cliff but they are a bit out of the way so its taxi in to town and back again. I was not inpressed with the Hilton, Dusit Thani, Amari or Marriott, but for value for money, location, hotel standard, friendly staff I like the Holiday Inn, next time I will try the Pullman hotel just for a change, but if your going to Pattaya I would recommend the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet at night, Try the Hilton and there is music all nite if you stay in the wrong si...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Alex F
Dear Alex F,

Thanks for the review and feedback on the hotel. Wow, looks like you are a regular visitor to Pattaya and certainly know your way around the hotels in town! I am glad to hear you rate us for great value for money and location.

Look us up the next time you come to Pattaya.... even if you do decide to head to the Pullman to check it out, stop by for a Pizza and a Mojito at Havana.

Bacolod, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was good - except for the moldy corners of the bathroom shower area. The amenities, such as the pool, spa and gym looked very inviting but I was there overnight - so I never really had the chance to enjoy them. Breakfast was okay, there was nothing special about it as it was the usual stuff that I find in other hotels - although I must say the bacon was a bit too rubbery for my taste. The coffee shop in the lobby was great. Very nice, friendly, helpful and eloquent staff. The food was also good - including the mojito that came from the Havanna bar.

The nightmare came the morning after, when it was time to check out of the hotel. There was this rude and loud front desk staff who probably didn't like my facial reaction when she asked me for the receipt of my THB 1000 deposit. I was a bit peeved on the fact that I forgot to carry the document with me, but the staff took it that I was upset with her because she asked me to produce the receipt. Eventually I took the cue, and asked her why she didn't have a copy of the document in her record. That set off the long and loud explanation that sounded more like a broken record. What made it worst was when I refused to sign form that allowed the hotel to charge expenses to my credit card (after I leave) that otherwise they could not charge due to the "downtime in their system" upon my check out. The nerve...anyway, I conceded on leaving an email address (mine of course) so the front desk staff would stop talking and embarrassing me (and her) with the other guest.

Eventually, after leaving the hotel - I couldn't help but wonder whether the check-out treatment I got was because I booked through AGODA (cheaper rates) or the front desk staff just woke up on the wrong side of the bed - as my friend who witnessed the whole event suggested. I guess we will never know - but we both agreed that she should be re-assigned to the kitchen or anyplace where she does not have to deal with the guest.

By the way, if you want her name - I have it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jaical2000
Dear jaical2000

Thank you for your feedback and please let me start by apologizing for the poor experiences you had here at the hotel. What you described is certainly below the expectations of my team and I for our guests and for this we apologize.

I would like to be able to further discuss this with you if you would be agreeable and if possible can you drop me a note with your contact details to garth.solly@ihg.com and I can contact you in person.

Again, thanks for being honest with your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is without any doubt the best Holiday Inn I ever stayed in. I am not sure why they branded it Holiday Inn to begin with as it is nowehere near what you would expect, it is soo much better.

The hotel has a large lobby with and adjacent coffee shop. The staff is very friendly when checking in. Nice bar on street level and away from the hustle of Pattaya. Service in the bar was kind of slow but food was fine but a bit pricey.

The hotel rooms was large and clean. Quite comfortable beds. The furniture is new but not that of a 5 star hotel. I ordered food after waking up after jet-lagging. The dine-in food was simply delicious.

Nice pool on the premises.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reslimpan,

Thanks for the review and the accolade! I appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive review and am glad to hear you have truly enjoyed your stay.

We are proud of the hotel and in particular I am proud of our team so will certainly pass on your feedback to them all.

I hope we can look after you again soon in Pattaya.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was quite impressed right from the word go. The booking on the hotel website was a breeze. I was best impressed while check in, where we had dedicated check-in counter and the staff greeted with my name before even I could introduce! Was feeling like a star. The hotel manager also extended his courtsies over phone as soon as we check in in our room which was awesome. The best view I should say. My daughter really enjoyed the pool and breakfast. It has a convenient location too. Moving around is quite easy with countless Baht buses running round the clock.

Room Tip: Go to higher floors with sea facing
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Satish N,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the hotel. I am really glad to see you have enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive feedback.

Great tip also on the high floor rooms... they offer brilliant views and cannot be beaten.

I hope to see you again soon in Pattaya.