“Very good Hotel in great area”

Holiday Inn Pattaya
Ranked #10 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Burnie, Australia
“Very good Hotel in great area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed 14 nights and apart from having to move rooms after first 2 nights was very good.Large rooms,privacy,great views.Staff very accomadating but had trouble with our language and interpretations but overall very relaxing Hotel.
food in hotel excellent and reasonable,several places to dine in hotel.
Breakfast dining excellent and would suit the most discerning traveller

Room Tip: At present rooms on South side get the sun,while on the north side no sun.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The service here was professional, friendly,and gracious. The staff - from the front desk to the restaurants - went out of their way to make sure my needs were met and they were successful most of the time. The room was clean, spacious, bright and well designed. As another reviewer stated, some of the furniture may have been a little IKEA-ish, but that really didn't matter much. Everything you needed, and then some, was there - robe, slippers, choice of soft or firm pillows, safe, 4 bottles of water, coffee, tea, cable on a nice tv, toiletries, etc. It was very comfortable. It was very enjoyable.

There are a few things they could improve on, though. The pillows smelled a little funky - like mildew. Probably because of the moisture from the gulf. They may want to do something about the material being used.

Flow Restaurant - the space is lovely, the service is lovely, the food is mediocre - and expensive.

Transportation suggestions - To get to the airport, it was suggested that I use a private taxi (for 2800 baht) or negotiate with a public taxi (for 1500 baht). Those are not the only options. There's a perfectly fine private bus service (Bell Travel) leaving from the nearby terminal, going directly to the airport, that will pick you up from your hotel for free if you book a day in advance. All for 250 baht. I shouldn't have had to find that out on my own. Because I wasn't told about it when I checked in, I missed out on the free shuttle service.

However, none of those things would keep me from staying here again. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Don't get the 'city/seaview'. 'Seaview' is better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel two nights. When you enter the room how can you not admire the spectacular view as belonging to the balcony, a joy to behold.
What impressed me is that the modern design of the room I really liked.
The shower just gorgeous, the bathroom gets a light on the window overlooking lush landscape.
As well as the pool location is fantastic at sunset and relax with a good shake.
eating breakfast in the lobby was really delicious even if it was just a Tuna Sandwich. Of course, the coffee was excellent. It should be noted that there are computers with free internet.
Hotel is definitely worth returning.

Room Tip: high floor and view to the beach.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Holiday Inn 28th night until the 1st. Firstly they allowed us early check in, which was as swift as possible, and we were/are extremely grateful having had a night flight which was delayed. The beach front rooms are extremely fresh and beachy with an excellent view, and so is the swimming pool equally well located with a beach view, nice bar and music.
And yes their restaurant definitely serves the BEST pizzas in Pattaya for sure; wonder why its not in the room service and pool menu.

The only minus we felt though was the paid wi-fi; think hotels should provide wi-fi complementary.

Room Tip: Beach view rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in Holiday Inn from 3rd of January to 8th of January 2013. It was a good experience and decided that we were inspired to book a hotel in the North part of Pattaya, as the South was very busy and crowdy.

The room was spacious enough, great view over the swimming pool and the sea. It had a nice balcony and interesting window wall between shower and the room, so you can have a shower enjoying the view of the beach and the sea... Breakfast was consistent, also we had dinner in the restaurant a few times and the food was great. Staff was friendly and helpful, the concierge assisted us to book some nice excursions so we were very satisfied with our choice for Pattaya. I have to mention that the hotel has many special offers (every night of the week a different one) and happy hours for cocktails and food.

It is very easy to get to the center and to the busy Walking Street as there are a lot of typical cars (public transportation) which stop wherever you want. the price is 10-20 baht / person.

Room Tip: You should choose upper floor and sea-view rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gurgaon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Holiday Inn, Pattaya is an imposing 26 storey building which oozes warmth and welcomeness as soon as you look at it. We stayed there in the 1st week of Jan'13 and had a great experience. It's location is excellant, far enough from the downside of Pattaya and still conveniently located to many shopping options as well as local attractions. It is facing the beach road and the room we got had an Ocean view (in fact all rooms have an Ocean view - full or partial). We had a room which was facing Amari as well as had more than a partial view of the ocean. Room size was quite decent, bathroom was spacious and luxurious with a separate shower chamber which protrudes into the bed room (a unique kind of design) and a balcony to easily seat 2 persons. All in all very comfortable, luxurious and good value for money. Service was excellant from check in to room service to house keeping to fianlly check out. Buffet breakfast was elaborate and quite fulfilling. Swimming pool for the kids was too good with a water slide (see photo) which got my 8 year old daughter really excited and she had a great time splashing around. Infinity pool for the adults had a good view of the ocean as well. Lobby is quite big and very well maintained. Many 7-11s and Family marts near the hotel takes care of small daily needs and if you walk on the beach road you have lots of restaurants catering to all kinds of cuisines (indian, italian, thai of course) so no problem for foodies. Holiday inn itself had great offers going on every day of the week. So all in all we had a great time for a good price and I would recommend this hotel highly to all families travelling to Pattaya.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GurgaonNomad
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Hello Readers

Excellent location at a reasonable price with Expedia and this is very true!

My experience started when we did check in. Was a bit disappointing that the room type we have requested and prepaid in advance wasn't available (King size bed - Seaview). They therefore gave us a room 1901 which was on the 19th floor and all 01 rooms despite of being located in the back, they have seaview and a bigger bathroom (including a very nice bathtub from where you can see Pattaya). The problem with this room was the aircon that despite of being set on 16 degrees inside the room was over 30 during the day and 24 during the night. After couple of days we requested the technician who didn't look much as he was called in the night but the following afternoon another room was available on the 24th floor (2401). My disappointment was that after speaking with the bell boys, I was told that the room provided to us is less category than the one we paid. As I was told about it later and I didn't want to ruin my holidays I let that one go but I will pay attention next time.

Breakfast and Internet was included on my rate. Brekkie was pretty good. The staff knew that I like poached eggs and they arrange it every morning despite of not being in the menu. Service at their breakfast restaurant was outstanding.

Their swimming pool seems to be pretty good and the gym acceptable. I didn't have the opportunity to use the spa so if it is a next time I will give it a shot.

My advice is to always pay attention to the type of room they will provide you.

As everything else was pretty much very good, I will give it an average scoring but if I don't see an answer from the manager via this media, I will write a letter to Customer Relations in the USA directly.

Food for thought.

Room Tip: Looks like the good rooms are the ones with seaview or city part view (towards the Central Mall). Do...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gabuke
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Pattaya, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Gabuke,