“Stay Clear of Sher E Punjab Pattaya”
Review of Sher'E'Punjab - CLOSED

Sher'E'Punjab
Cuisines: Indian
Bangkok, Thailand
“Stay Clear of Sher E Punjab Pattaya”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Normally am lazy to write reviews but the experience at this restaurant on Beach Road in Pattaya was humiliating. We had our worst ever Indian food in Thailand yesterday (Dec 9, 2012).
The place is well located and looks decent from outside.
My first shock was the rude waitress who outright refused to let us take a table we would have preferred and that too when we were the only ones in the restaurant (at 1 PM - we should have taken the hint and left....)
The prices are rip off - but we still expectedly thought that the food might be ok but it was a bad day looks like for us - food was not good and it was served by a sullen faced girl who clearly showed her displeasure of having to serve us by her demeanor. I had the temerity of asking for a bowl for the Daal we had ordered and was promptly snubbed by her.
Finally we had the bill slammed on the tabled - which we promptly paid and vowed never to return.
Just want any suspecting fellow Indians looking for taste of home in Pattaya - just don't try this one atleast.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Aniltthakur

London, United Kingdom
“This place needs to shut down, its awful”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First day in Pattaya and walking on beach road for decent indian food. Saw this place from the outside and thought why not lets try it, it looks ok from the outside. We sat down and the waiter came accross slowly towards our table with menu. Slammed the menu on the table, no greetings or anything like it. First thought, did she just slam the menu on the table or are we just over reacting? Anyway ordered couple of dishes. They were rubbish to describe it politely. It looks like they have the gravey ready and just put in the veg depending on what you order. We ordered more naan bread mid way through our dinner and were shocked it arrived in 2 minutes. It was definitely either frozen naan or pre cooked and it seems like all they did was put it in microvawe oven to warm it. This place is THE worst indian restaurant i have ever been to in my whole life anywhere in the world.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank RogerRamj
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Expensive but good food”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I eat every day there in my three day visit to pattya.. Good food And specially the yellow dal... Typical punjabi style was awesome the curry was good enough one should not forget that he is out of India and getting this quality food abroad is appreciated

1 Thank Vikrammalpani
New York City, New York
“An Insult to Indian Hospitality”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is possibly the worst Indian restaurant I have ever been in Thailand. Don't fall for its great location on the beach road or its unassuming decor, its a rude rip off and a insult to famed Indian hospitality.

Having come back from a strenuous bad fishing trip in the seas, I was quite hungry but since it was already around 3 PM, I knew I had missed my free lunch buffet at the Hard Rock where I was staying. This was so close to my hotel so thought, why not try it. Besides, I love Indian food!

There were no guests at that time so I walk in to an unwelcome reception. A fat Thai lady comes over and tells me (without even asking) that the only food they have now are naans and chicken gravies. And if I had to order, I need to do it rightaway.

Already tired, I said ok and asked her to switch on the AC but instead she just switched on the fan. I protested but she didn't care and mumbled some nonsense in Thai. She then vanished and I was then attended by one more thai lady - an old woman this time.

She said the AC didnt work so I had to manage. I ordered one naan and a butter chicken masala along with a chilled coke. Usually, all across Pattaya atleast, one naan would normally consist of 3 pieces but here, I was just offered one small piece of naan at around 60 Bahts a piece. I protested once more and I saw the owner walk in. So, I waved at her and asked here why I was being offered just one piece of naan when I should at least have two. She gives me a cold look and tells me that here at their restaurant, its only one piece and thats the way it is.

Now resigned by the fact that I was hungry and too tired to put up a fight, I order 2 more naans and finished my meal as soon as I could. At 180 Bahts for 3 naans, 240 Bahts for a small portion of chicken masala and 40 bahts for small glass of warm coke, it was the most ridiculously priced indian meal i ever had in Pattaya!

• Visited May 2012
8 Thank WebTurista
Greater London, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant in Pattaya?”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Probably the worst restaurant in Pattaya, if not then it has the be the worst Indian restaurant.

It goes wrong from the moment you enter, tasteless decor, appalling service and even worst food. Frankly even a pig would turn its nose up at the slop they turn out here! And the prices they charge are quite horrendous.

Avoid this place like the plague. What a pity you can't zero star, this place isn't worth 1 star!

• Visited July 2012