“An Insult to Indian Hospitality”
Review of Sher'E'Punjab - CLOSED

Sher'E'Punjab
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is possibly the worst Indian restaurant I have ever been in Thailand. Don't fall for its great location on the beach road or its unassuming decor, its a rude rip off and a insult to famed Indian hospitality.

Having come back from a strenuous bad fishing trip in the seas, I was quite hungry but since it was already around 3 PM, I knew I had missed my free lunch buffet at the Hard Rock where I was staying. This was so close to my hotel so thought, why not try it. Besides, I love Indian food!

There were no guests at that time so I walk in to an unwelcome reception. A fat Thai lady comes over and tells me (without even asking) that the only food they have now are naans and chicken gravies. And if I had to order, I need to do it rightaway.

Already tired, I said ok and asked her to switch on the AC but instead she just switched on the fan. I protested but she didn't care and mumbled some nonsense in Thai. She then vanished and I was then attended by one more thai lady - an old woman this time.

She said the AC didnt work so I had to manage. I ordered one naan and a butter chicken masala along with a chilled coke. Usually, all across Pattaya atleast, one naan would normally consist of 3 pieces but here, I was just offered one small piece of naan at around 60 Bahts a piece. I protested once more and I saw the owner walk in. So, I waved at her and asked here why I was being offered just one piece of naan when I should at least have two. She gives me a cold look and tells me that here at their restaurant, its only one piece and thats the way it is.

Now resigned by the fact that I was hungry and too tired to put up a fight, I order 2 more naans and finished my meal as soon as I could. At 180 Bahts for 3 naans, 240 Bahts for a small portion of chicken masala and 40 bahts for small glass of warm coke, it was the most ridiculously priced indian meal i ever had in Pattaya!

8  Thank WebTurista

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Probably the worst restaurant in Pattaya, if not then it has the be the worst Indian restaurant.

It goes wrong from the moment you enter, tasteless decor, appalling service and even worst food. Frankly even a pig would turn its nose up at the slop they turn out here! And the prices they charge are quite horrendous.

Avoid this place like the plague. What a pity you can't zero star, this place isn't worth 1 star!

4  Thank amation
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is an absolutely awful restaurant. They have a good location and that will get them customers, and they need to as noone will ever come back here. The place looks awful, the service is unpleasant and the food is overpriced and absolut crap. Avoid this place, at all cost.

If you want great indian food in pattaya, go to Indian by Nature

3  Thank Travelman77_fi
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have been here in Pattaya for two days....and every now and then have had incidents which left me in bad taste....it always was a Thai on the other side...so I calmed myslef down saying I am in a foreign land.....but being duped by an Indian and that too punjabi.......The lady in the restaurant was so annoying that I just completed my food in ten minutes and left.....one of the worst travel experiences.......wish I could have seen the comments before............the problem is we check for hotels to stay but not to eat....as its a half an hour-1 hr affair....but such people and restaurants spoil your total mood..........they cant be spared.......

2  Thank Ganjajgar
Reviewed February 18, 2012

terrible food and service. I think the others have echoed similar views, so there is no need for me to elaborate. Felt cheated and insulted. The staff should win award for most sullen faces in thailand.

2  Thank msaraf101