I travel to Thailand 3 to 4 times every year.. with extended stays of two to three months in the summer (June/July). This trip I was very pleased to stay at the Pattaya Garden Apartments. This could be my hotel of choice when visiting Pattaya. I was headed back to meet friends and hang out for 5 days before heading back to the United States. I wanted to find a hotel I could book online via Hotels.com and earn myself a few points. I plugged in my basic needs… Wi-Fi… under 50 bucks a night…. And location (South Pattaya). This hotel came up with some others and I gave myself one hour to make a decision. I was not disappointed with my choice. Why?
1. Price/Value – This room was larger and better appointed than my other choices. As I spend a bit of time in the room working on the internet when I travel and like to sleep in... I want a place that also gives me the opportunity to do those things while not in bed. The value – the seating area... with a couch and chair... as well as a large desk area and closet for clothing.
2. Service – I called to verify a few things before booking the hotel. I was transferred to the staff on duty (who I later found out was a nice young lady who owns the apartments with her husband). She let me know which rooms were available and when I described my needs... quiet… somewhat secluded... private... she recommended the larger room on the fourth floor. When I arrived to check in (still had not booked the hotel online) she showed me the room and I was sold. She summoned a local motorbike taxi driver to help me take my luggage upstairs. The staff at the hotel is 3 people… reception … a cleaning lady. And a night security guard. All were very responsive and went out of their way at least once in my stay to assist me... my cleaning lady letting me back in my room after I locked my keys in … the security guard moving my motorbike to a safer location overnight when I parked it out front an in harms way… and the reception lady offering to warm up my food I bought at a local street market and bring it up to my room.
3. Location! I want to be close enough to the city center via transport or in my case, I rented a motorbike. But the Apartments are just 50 meters down a side street from the main road between Pattaya and Jontiem. Walk 5 minutes to that road and you can catch a 10baht bus/truck into either direction at any time of the day. Motorcycle taxi stand is on the corner. 7-11 is nearby as well as many small cafes. One located just next door is very reasonably priced and offers Thai and western food cooked for eat in or to go. I did not eat western but the two times I ate Thai I found the food to be Aroy (yummy)!. Up on the main road and walking distance away are some higher end eateries (Chinese, Indian, Steakhouse, Thai). One afternoon I walked from the local tech mall (Tukcom) backed to the apartments in less than 30 minutes and without much sweat (it was quite cool when I was there).
4. Accommodation. Probably the one factor that will bring me back to this hotel (along with service) is the accommodation. The rooms are as pictured in the photos on the website and I’ll post my photos also. The room was large and the bed as I mentioned was oh so comfortable. I liked that here were two nightstands with drawers and ample electrical outlets next to the bed and on the desk (I travel with my gadgets). The restroom was a combo shower/toilet/basin as is typical in many Thai style accommodations. Water pressure was great and warm when needed. I also liked the large balcony of my room that adjoined others but had a wall separating that provided me with ample privacy. One suggestion: put a microwave in the room to make use of the largish refrigerator. With the ample street foods available it is nice to be able to warm up your food. I didn’t use the small pool downstairs but it is nice to know it is there. And had I wanted to I could have watched my live US Sports on their large bar TV. in the open air bar downstairs.
5. Privacy – I stayed alone but it was nice to know had my partner been able to come join me he would not have been charged a joiner fee and there was plenty of privacy. I liked the fact that the owners are a Thai/Brit couple who have insight into what it is like to try and have a little romantic privacy in the short time I had there.
Overall – I loved this hotel/apartment and I will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pattaya Garden Apartments Boutique Hotel is a boutique hotel offering excellent price in quality surroundings and private atmosphere, Homely feel & friendly staff, come as a customer, leave as a friend.Pattaya's friendliest boutique hotel preserves the exotic & elegant warm atmosphere & legendary Thai hospitality that will make you feel that Pattaya Garden Apartments Boutique Hotel is your 'Home away from Home', the moment you arrive. Standard Double Room This air-conditioned room features a 32” flat-screen TV with cable channels, Desk, Safe. Room Facilities: Air conditioning, Telephone, Large Fridge, Wardrobe, Shower, Toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, complimentary bottled water Room Size: 25 square meters Bed Size: 1 King. Superior Double Room offering Pool and Street views from balcony and large windows, this air-conditioned room features a 32” flat-screen TV with cable channels, Desk, Safe. Room Facilities: Air conditioning, Telephone, Large Fridge, Leather Sofa, Coffee Table, Wardrobe, Shower, Toiletries, Toilet, Bathroom, complimentary bottled water. Room size: 35 square meters Bed Size(s): 1 King or 1 Queen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Pattaya Garden Apartments Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.