“Best of my Thailand Trip”

Pattaya Garden Apartments Boutique Hotel
Ranked #63 of 539 Pattaya B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Best of my Thailand Trip”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I travel to Thailand 3 to 4 times every year.. with extended stays of two to three months in the summer (June/July). This trip I was very pleased to stay at the Pattaya Garden Apartments. This could be my hotel of choice when visiting Pattaya. I was headed back to meet friends and hang out for 5 days before heading back to the United States. I wanted to find a hotel I could book online via Hotels.com and earn myself a few points. I plugged in my basic needs… Wi-Fi… under 50 bucks a night…. And location (South Pattaya). This hotel came up with some others and I gave myself one hour to make a decision. I was not disappointed with my choice. Why?

1. Price/Value – This room was larger and better appointed than my other choices. As I spend a bit of time in the room working on the internet when I travel and like to sleep in... I want a place that also gives me the opportunity to do those things while not in bed. The value – the seating area... with a couch and chair... as well as a large desk area and closet for clothing.
2. Service – I called to verify a few things before booking the hotel. I was transferred to the staff on duty (who I later found out was a nice young lady who owns the apartments with her husband). She let me know which rooms were available and when I described my needs... quiet… somewhat secluded... private... she recommended the larger room on the fourth floor. When I arrived to check in (still had not booked the hotel online) she showed me the room and I was sold. She summoned a local motorbike taxi driver to help me take my luggage upstairs. The staff at the hotel is 3 people… reception … a cleaning lady. And a night security guard. All were very responsive and went out of their way at least once in my stay to assist me... my cleaning lady letting me back in my room after I locked my keys in … the security guard moving my motorbike to a safer location overnight when I parked it out front an in harms way… and the reception lady offering to warm up my food I bought at a local street market and bring it up to my room.
3. Location! I want to be close enough to the city center via transport or in my case, I rented a motorbike. But the Apartments are just 50 meters down a side street from the main road between Pattaya and Jontiem. Walk 5 minutes to that road and you can catch a 10baht bus/truck into either direction at any time of the day. Motorcycle taxi stand is on the corner. 7-11 is nearby as well as many small cafes. One located just next door is very reasonably priced and offers Thai and western food cooked for eat in or to go. I did not eat western but the two times I ate Thai I found the food to be Aroy (yummy)!. Up on the main road and walking distance away are some higher end eateries (Chinese, Indian, Steakhouse, Thai). One afternoon I walked from the local tech mall (Tukcom) backed to the apartments in less than 30 minutes and without much sweat (it was quite cool when I was there).
4. Accommodation. Probably the one factor that will bring me back to this hotel (along with service) is the accommodation. The rooms are as pictured in the photos on the website and I’ll post my photos also. The room was large and the bed as I mentioned was oh so comfortable. I liked that here were two nightstands with drawers and ample electrical outlets next to the bed and on the desk (I travel with my gadgets). The restroom was a combo shower/toilet/basin as is typical in many Thai style accommodations. Water pressure was great and warm when needed. I also liked the large balcony of my room that adjoined others but had a wall separating that provided me with ample privacy. One suggestion: put a microwave in the room to make use of the largish refrigerator. With the ample street foods available it is nice to be able to warm up your food. I didn’t use the small pool downstairs but it is nice to know it is there. And had I wanted to I could have watched my live US Sports on their large bar TV. in the open air bar downstairs.
5. Privacy – I stayed alone but it was nice to know had my partner been able to come join me he would not have been charged a joiner fee and there was plenty of privacy. I liked the fact that the owners are a Thai/Brit couple who have insight into what it is like to try and have a little romantic privacy in the short time I had there.
Overall – I loved this hotel/apartment and I will be back.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms are roomy and great. I'll stay in room 402 again if I get the chance.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Smile0507

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leirfjord, Norway
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Great location, quiet and safe. It's close to the main bus road and only a few minutes to the shops, walking street and beaches.
I'ts English owned and run so no communication hassles and the Thai staff are really friendly and helpful.
The hotel has recently been renovated and upgraded to a very high standard. My room was very comfortable, fantastic bed and good quality furniture.
The WiFi was very good reception and free to use.
I will stay here on my next trip for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Remiotting
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Best nights sleep ever -official, I've stayed in many five star hotels across asia and the middle east but never had a bed as comfortable. The location is perfect being between Jomtien and Pattaya.
The staff are very friendly and always helpful when asked for anything.
The hotel has recently been refurbished and my room had a warm ambiance about it. The furniture is very comfortable. I will book again.
Thank you Pattaya garden apartments for the quality and for the luxury at reasonable prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Johnsy123
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Pattaya garden apartments have just opened again after being refurbished in 2013. Located just off Thap Phraya road and the main baht bus route between Pattaya and Jomtien there is easy access to transport. Many of the best restaurants in Pattaya is located within walking distance of the hotel.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and clean. The english owner and his thai staff are very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended and good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hans T
Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our first time in Pattaya but our fourth time in Thailand and we spent a few days here.
I booked the Pattaya garden apartments due to the fact that it had just been refurbished and it looked good in the pictures.
When I got there I wasn't disappointed, everything is really fresh and done to a high standard in fact we were the first in our room since it was done so it was just perfect.
We were in one of the suite rooms, the room itself was massive with a separate seating area, big T.V, wardrobe, desk and domestic sized fridge.
The bed was great, it was big and very comfortable.
The owners and staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help and gave great advice.
It is in a good part of Pattaya as it is pretty central between the main beach and Jontien beach areas but away from all the noise.
We hired a bike from a place nearby so it only took a few minutes to get anywhere but on the first day we walked to the main beach, walking street etc. and its easy done.
We went to a small beach that was nearby which was a lot quieter and cleaner than the main ones and there are plenty cafes, massage places etc. nearby if you go for a stroll.
Hopefully I will make it back over to Thailand next year and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JAMIE W
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The location is just off the road between Pattaya and Jomtien so you can travel in either direction for 10 baht on a baht bus. It's very quiet so a good night's sleep is no problem, something you may not get in the centre of Pattaya!
The English manager is very helpful as are the Thai staff. Rooms are cleaned every day and the beds are very comfortable.
There's a laundry and a Thai restaurant a few metres away and plenty of other eating options within a short walk.
Pricewise, it's excellent value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LostInPyongyang
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I must say the staff was nice and helpful. The rooms were ok in size but not clean. Had cigarette burns on the sheets. Also the bathroom was not good. The shower curtain was molded and there were ants in the room. Not that good quality. We knew about the location being a bit away from the center of pattaya but taxis were available.

• Stayed April 2013