“Loved this hotel!”

Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #7 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Aside from the great price, our room was fantastic. We ended up with a two-level suite because the lock on our first room wasn't functioning properly. They attended to the issue right away even though we checked in at 11 PM. The topside bar was very nice and they made a great martini. The pool was clean, water perfect temp. Breakfast was included in the price. Very nice buffet spread.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Harry R, General Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Many thanks Roderich for your kind review! I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future and best wishes! Alex

There are newer reviews for Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had a great three 3 nights at the Dusit D2. Staff are friendly, really cool rooms and a great pool area for chilling in the day.

Sunset lounge is worth a visit- great cocktails and views although a little expensive

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had a great stay (17 nights) at the Dusit D2.
The staff is very polite, helpful and try to make ur stay as good as possible.

The rooms are well designed, but some of the furniture looks slightly used.
In my opinion the bed is one of the best I slept in and everything is very functional designed.

Also the pool area is looking great. The room service is good and not too pricey.
I can recommend the rooftop bar "sunset lounge", it's a hidden gem. Very romantic atmosphere.

All in all, I had a wonderful stay at one of the best hotels in this city.
Thanks for make it happen. Got my flight in the last minute! I'll never forget that :-)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2014

First I would like to say that this is a great hotel because of the great staff there. I stayed there from the 11-18 May 2014 with my girlfriend.

I chose this hotel because I really love the Dusit Thani but they did not have any more rooms on the dates I needed them so I thought I would try “little brother” D2.

If not for the great staff the hotel would probably have rated a lot lower but they made up for the many broken things in the room.

I stayed in a d’Suite which when you look at it at first it looks great but so many thing either did not work or was designed to look good but not for function. It’s a 2 story room with the living room, balcony and a toilet bathroom on the ground floor and the bedroom, shower, toilet and Jacuzzi on the top floor, all in one big room. It looks really cool but…

The electric system with light etc. is operated by a lot of buttons. Some of them were broken, they had simply been pushed into the wall… When you are in your bed there is no master switch so you have to go down stairs first to turn off some lights, then turn off more on some buttons on the stairs and then the rest are turned off next to the bed.

The door to the balcony did not close at first when we arrived. It closed at the top but there was a big gap at bottom so the noise from the street and hot air came right in. The staff did try to fix it, but the fix resulted in that the door was almost impossible to open and close. There were no furniture for sitting on the balcony but when I asked for chairs they brought some up for me right away.

A small thing is in the toilet on the ground floor there is no towels to dry your hands after you wash them.

Both floors share a big window with a big set of curtains. They seem to be operated electrically but that did not work so you could not open and close them really.

On the top floor over the Jacuzzi there is an outlet for the aircon. From that outlet water dripped into the Jacuzzi, this was fixed after we mentioned it to the staff. In the shower the hand held shower heads (there are 2 showers in the shower room which is really cool) were duct taped to the wall slider so you could not move them up and down…

The sinks for brushing teeth look really cool but it’s designed so that if you want to wash your mouth in cold water after brushing your teeth the water pressure is nonexistent.

There is a light in the closet next to the bed that is supposed to turn off when you close the closet doors. The doors however were very crooked so the lights could not turn off and the there is a big gap between the doors meaning that light shined onto the bed.

All of these things are what you would expect a good maintenance crew would find and fix but no. I did not mention it all to the staff but the things we did mention were fixed or an attempt to fix it was made.

Every time we had any request the super friendly staff helped us. The Sunset lounge on top of the hotel is really cool and makes some of the best drinks in the city. The food there is also great and when they were a little late with the food they gave me a 20 pct. discount on the bill even though I did not ask for it. That is just great service.

The things with the rooms are probably easily fixed and with the great staff there I will not hesitate in recommending the hotel, if they start fixing the rooms.

1  Thank Doctorcopenhagen
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in april 2014. Great Hotel! Rooms are so different and out of the ordinary. The bed in middle of the room is very cool and comfy. The open concept shower is very sexy...and so spacious. If you are looking for a cool concept hotel this is the place. The pool area is very nice and very well maintained. Very relaxing to spend the day at the pool. The bar on the rooftop offers amazing views of the city.

Now about the service. Our original plan was to stay 7 nights at this hotel. But worst thing ever that can happen on a trip, my partner had an emergency surgical operation. That was not planned in advance! The hotel manager Seksan Rayacherd help us so much in these stressful moments. The hotel let us stay an extra 3 nights at the same price, even tough they had no rooms left (not trying to rip us off because we had no choice, we could not leave Pattaya). The manager personally delivered flowers to my partner that was in the hospital for 3 days. After my partner was out of the hospital, he needed to go to the hospital twice a day, and the hotel offered us a car service. Wich made our life so much easier because my partner could barely walk. that is what you call stepping it up in service, when you really need it.

The staff, Alex and Jimmy were so nice to us. Always making sure my partner and I were ok. Because we could not leave the hotel after the operation. Made this very bad situation so much better. Thank god we were in a GOOD hotel.

I would also like to thank Chonlatee Nakamadee the GURU that came to see us to make sure everything was ok with my partner and told us if we need anything to let him know.

Overall great hotel and excellent service. Would go back to this hotel without any hesitations.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've stayed in a lot of hotels in Pattaya and the staff here are the most professional in the city I've come across. The hotel has been designed in a very cool way. Very comfortable bed placed centrally in the room.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed here may 2014, The hotel looks great and has been architecturally designed. Just a few things I noticed that needed attention in my room were the toilet seat was missing stoppers and the varnish was peeling off, The air conditioning unit would play up and only go 18 degrees or off. Around the pool the building needs a good clean and there are parts of the hotel rusting around the pool.
Other than this I was actually extremely impressed by the hotel... the staff made me feel like a celebrity and nothing was too much trouble. The Hotel was modern and looked to be clean and tidy, the cleaners were always smiling and telling me good morning. The breakfasts are great and again the breakfast staff were amazing and made me feel special like I was the most important person in the hotel.
I look forward to staying here again

Room Tip: try and get a low numbered room eg. 3001 3002 so it not far to walk from the lift
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends