“Consistently Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Boston, Massachusetts
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have been staying at D2 Baraquda since 2009, twice a year for two-weeks at a time. All the usual things one would expect from a 5-star hotel are here: clean, modern rooms, clean, white sheets and towels, great location, great pool area (more sun in the morning compared to afternoon), great 24-hour restaurant. But the thing that really sets it apart is SERVICE AND STAFF. Happy, Helpful, Respectful, Discreet, Secure. This comes from the Reception Staff, the Concierge guys, the Housekeeper, and P'Chris, the late-night Desk Manager. I consider them my friends and family. I have stayed at all the high-quality hotels (Hilton, Marriott) and nothing comes close in comparison.

The Deluxe Rooms are great ($100USD). For a change a pace - or a party - try the D'Studio or the D'Suite. Impressive and extravagant rooms at a great value ($300-350USD February 2013).

I recommend D2 Baraquda without any reservations whatsoever. Bravo to all the Service and Staff on a job well-done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel H
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Delightful greetings from dusitD2 baraquda pattaya, a fun happening hotel that combines both ambience & attitude!

Firstly allow me to thank you for your beautiful review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com. It’s our aim that my team and I strive for perfection and our main training focus for all our employees is to live up to our brand promise by “delighting with substance & style”. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our snazzy design hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Please let me know when you visit us again next time as I would love to personally meet you.

Delightfully,

seksan rayacherd - harry
desk whiz - front office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The web site shows the D2 as an experiment, for me it was 100% successful. The staff could not be more helpful, the room was fun and the location is truly an oasis in the middle of the Pattaya craziness. Breakfast was delicious with a very wide offering, the daily turn down a nice touch and the pool serene. The rooftop bar was delightful, hit it most every night. The entire combination of the décor, staff, location, amenities work perfectly for me and I will be back.

Room Tip: Stay on the pool side, quieter
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pete H
delightful day to you from dusitd2 baraquda pattaya!

thank you for having taken the time to comment us on tripadvisor.com after your recent stay at dusitd2 baraquda pattaya.

glad to know that you enjoyed your visit at the dusitd2 baraquda, thank you for all your positive comments that we will share with the entire team

once again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should you require any further information and/or assistance

Delightfully,

seksan rayacherd - harry
desk whiz - front office manager
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I recently returned from a 2 week stay at the D2. All in all, an outstanding experience. Staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The room was excellent. Location was great. Absolutely no complaints. Also, had a great golf experience using Thaigerline Golf. Would heartily recommend them as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank cmarder
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
it was truly our pleasure........having you as our guest at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya and we sincerely hope that you were delighted with your recent stay. this is a quick note from me to let you know how much we all at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya appreciated your wonderful comments you wrote on this tripadvisor.com

dusitD2 baraquda pattaya was founded on the promise of delivering the service that always excels and giving an experience that enlivens the individual spirit and we are truly delighted to know that we succeeded to deliver on those promises to you.

once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to our snazzy design hotel in the near future.

wilrijk
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days. At arrival , reception was efficient, fast, very friendly.
We were offered some drinks while preparing our room cards etc..
DeluxeRoom with kingsize beds , futuristic design, ( we loved it) , slippers , bathrobes, minibar, safe, flatscreen tv, airco ( night service turns it on for you) .
Breakfast European standard ( diet corner) , very good.
One minuspoint : sun is gone from 14:30 hrs on the swimminpool area, so come early or go to the beach .
Rooftopbar nice view & drinks.
We would go here again.

Room Tip: Swimmingpool view, 3 th floor is exellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
delightful greetings from dusitD2 baraquda pattaya, a fun happening hotel that combines both ambience & attitude!

firstly allow me to thank you for your beautiful review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com. It’s our aim that my team and I strive for perfection and our main training focus for all our employees is to live up to our brand promise by “delighting with substance & style”. we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our snazzy design hotel.

we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. please let me know when you visit us again next time as I would love to personally meet you.

Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Check-in a little slow, free beer made it ok.
Rooms were nice, very modern, very european. Small.
Free water in the room.
Pool is nice, has a cool projector screen for pool parties, etc. Pool is filled with a bunch of orange beach balls. Best sun is in the AM.
Gym is small but does the trick. Treadmill, bikes, some weights, squat rack.
Breakfast spread is nice. Beats any American spread anyday.
Walking distance to restaurants/nightlife.
A/C works great. Room was cooled before I entered.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool is best.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
delightful day to you from dusitd2 baraquda pattaya!

once again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back to our snazzy design hotel in the not too distant future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I had chanced to stay at this hotel for 1 night. At first it sounds good but once I arrive the hotel I really feel disappointed
1. Check-in very slow,
2. Room is not as good as expected,
3. Facilities in the room are not good,
4. Bed and pillow really have bad smell (damp) and itchy (คัน) in the morning,
5. Internet is slow,
6. Breakfast is terrible,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
on behalf of the management and staff of dustD2 baraquda pattaya, i would like to express our gratitude for sharing with us your valuable feedback.
i would also like to extend my personal appreciation towards your time you had taken of your busy schedule to highlight the challenges you had during your stay. we have addressed these concerns with the department heads and they will be taken seriously.

through additional training and support of our team; we are certain that we can benefit from your suggestion and improve.

thank you so much for your patronage and we all at dusitD2 baarquda pattaya are so looking forward to seeing your smile when visit our snazzy design hotel again soon.

warmest personal regards,
london
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Firstly let me say that Dusit D2 was one of my most favourite hotels, the standard of rooms and helpful staff made it a joy to say here.
But its all changed...... I stayed here over the New Year period, and as the previous review states the hot water in the hotel stopped working, instead of telling its guests, the hotel left you to find out by yourselves, the result was me having a shower in disgusting brown water. I complained and was told that the hotel had been aware of the problem for some time, and that was it!
My duvet had blood on it from a previous guest, again I complained, and again nothing.
The chair in my room broke during my stay and it took 6 staff to look at it, before deciding to bring an new one.
The little gifts left on your pillow during turn down service have now gone.
The A/C in the room stunk really bad, again i complained, and the result, some air freshner was put in my room to hide the smell !

I have since emailed the management of the hotel and the response.... A standardised email response saying that my comments would be reviewed.

Does this hotel really have manangment? do they care what us guests think?

A once brilliant hotel is now terrible.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SteveKellyLondon
dusitD2baraquda, General Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear SteveKellyLondon,

First and foremost, we sincerely thank you for your continued support over the years, and your kind comments on tripadvisor.com.

As the new manager who has just started less than a week, we could only say that each and every guest's comment will be addressed in short period of time. We do hope that we will be of service to you in the future.

Sincerely yours,