Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #7 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“JoeandSam”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel approx5 times now. We have found the Staff to greet us with the warmest of smiles.The location of the Hotel is ideal and very easy to get around. We will be back shortly and look forward to seeing the beautiful smiling Cheese and Gigi at the front desk.

Room Tip: Try the upgrade to the corner suites if you like lots of space.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Delightful greetings from dusitD2 baraquda pattaya, a fun happening hotel that combines both ambience & attitude!

Firstly allow me to thank you for your beautiful review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com. It's our aim that my team and I strive for perfection and our main training focus for all our employees is to live up to our brand promise by "delighting with substance & style". We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our snazzy design hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Please let me know when you visit us again next time as I would love to personally meet you.

seksan rayacherd (harry)
desk whiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in this hotel as a part of our honeymoon. We were welcomed very warmly and upgraded in to an impressive suite. The staff made sure our stay was pleasant and comfortable throughout. The room was clean and modern and the hotel is ideally located. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to make the most of the hotels amenities as the room was too nice to leave;-) A big thanks to everyone in Dusit D2, we will definitely stay there again if we are visiting Pattaya in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012

Firstly allow me to thank you for your beautiful review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com. It’s our aim that my team and I strive for perfection and our main training focus for all our employees is to live up to our brand promise by “delighting with substance & style”. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our snazzy design hotel :-)

harry,
front office manager
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2012

From the moment we walked in our experience at this very stylish hotel was wonderful. We were warmly greeted and breezed through a very professional check-in, received a welcome drink and a complimentary room upgrade.
Although the suite was a little worse for wear, the sea view and separate lounge with bedroom upstairs was a nice surprise. Everything was spotlessly clean and in working order. The curtains were a bit of a mystery and we could never quite get them completely closed. The capsule coffee machine was great as I am a coffee addict!
The bed was very comfortable and the twin shower interesting. We didn't make use of the circular Jacuzzi in the middle of the bedroom, however.
Room service was efficient and friendly, the pool was lovely, too.
Had dinner at the rooftop Sunset restaurant which was good although, the waiter could have been more attentive. We had to keep waiving our arms for another drink etc.
All in all, an excellent stay and we would definitely stay again if we return to Pattaya.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have the sea views. You can just about hear the bars until 1.00...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
it was truly our pleasure,

having you as our guest at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya and we sincerely hope that you were delighted with your recent stay. this is a quick note from me to let you know how much we all at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya appreciated your wonderful comments you wrote in the tripadvisor.com

once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again to our snazzy design hotel in the near future.

delightfully,
harry
front office manager
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Despite pointing out in a previous review that a lick of paint is required the Hotel is still looking shabby, such a shame as I love the concept and the location. I cannot understand why someone cannot buy some white paint and go around touching up.

Air con in rooms is still noisy and like trying to sleep in an aircraft. I hope that the Management can get the issues sorted out so that I can return.

I would be happy to make a list of what needs attention, feel free to PM me.

Room Tip: Make sure you test the air con in the room as some are incredibly noisy, also check for stains on th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank No7Agency
delightful day to you from dusitD2 Baraquda Pattaya!

firstly allow us to thank you for your valuable feedback we have received during your stay. such valuable and essential feedback is very much appreciated and serves us to constantly improve services and comfort level for the benefit of our guests. i would also like to extend my personal appreciation towards your time you had taken of your busy schedule to highlight the challenges you had during your stay; again those comments will be taken seriously and are of paramount importance.

in my long years in the hospitality industry it’s my aim that my team and I strive for perfection. our main training focus for all our employees is customer service provided the “delighting with style & substance”. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcoming you experienced during your stay.

to target the particular areas you have highlighted for the all comments on here. we have addressed to the respective team members to ensure visible adjustments are done and well trained. the mentioned challenge you had during your stay is certainly very serious shortfall from our side which should not have happened. I am confident that for your upcoming stay we will be able to meet and hopefully even exceed your expectations. in the future we will handle these matters with more professional and can assure you that this experience will not be repeated.

please kindly contact me directly before your next visit to Pattaya and your stay at duistD2 baraquda pattaya and i will personally ensure that the above is delivered and you will be well looked after. you may call me at 084 388 8441 or contact me via email Seksan.ry@dusit.com

once again, thank you for your time and effort to share your experiences with us.

sent on behalf of khun nikholas bauer-guru

harry
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is the best hotel in Pattaya by far!
There is nothing I can say that went wrong during my stay there last April.
The suite is amazing, the staff is the best I had in Thailand, the pool is great, very good food and a great spa with relaxing treatments.
I can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: Get the suite - it's worth every $!!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
it was truly our pleasure,

having you as our guest at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya and we sincerely hope that you were delighted with your recent stay. this is a quick note from me to let you know how much we all at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya appreciated your wonderful comments you wrote on this web page.

dusitD2 baraquda pattaya was founded on the promise of delivering the service that always excels and giving an experience that enlivens the individual spirit and we are truly delighted to know that we succeeded to deliver on those promises to you.

harry,
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had reviewed the Dusit D2 Baraquda Pattaya a couple of years ago, and other than a couple of minor quibbles, I still think it's the best hotel for location, "coolness" vibe, and price for the money in Pattaya. If you have any desire at all to be in "Central" Pattaya and thus near Beach Road or Second Road - with access to the wonderful 10 baht "Baht Bus" - look no further than the Dusit. You can be out in Timbuktu out of town in the hills or at the other end of town by the Hard Rock or original Dusit resort, but the D2 is absolutely perfectly located, next to a pretty useful mall, with 7-11s and internet and storefront massage places aplenty. And if you check the Dusit website from time to time, you will see they have some decent promotions, at times resulting in a price swing of $30 or more a night. Quibbles? I couldn't get the WiFi to work if my life depended on it. And I thought the beach chairs at the otherwise great pool needed a little freshening. I like so much about this place, it's hard to point to any one thing as "the" thing, but I also have to add that the restaurant (which on some but not all reservations is part of the free breakfast) is my favorite restaurant in Pattaya. The chef there must be from Chaing Mai because they serve the best Khao Soi (flavorful curry spicy noodle dish from Northern Thailand) I have ever tasted anywhere. I want some now. I stayed here 4 days last month, and I ate it 3 out of the 4 days, it's THAT good. Run to D2 people. If you want to see how cool the place is, just Google it. When you get there, say Hi to the sweet staff at the front desk, including "Jida" and "Gigi."

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank M in L.A.
it was truly our pleasure,

having you as our guest at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya and we sincerely hope that you were delighted with your recent stay. this is a quick note from me to let you know how much we all at dusitD2 baraquda pattaya appreciated your wonderful comments you wrote on the tripadvisor.com.

seksan rayacherd (harry)
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have stayed at Dusit D2 many times over the last few years and have reviewed this hotel twice before. Unfortunately though, each review from me is less enthusiastic than the previous one. My last review criticised the internet service. Well I am happy to report that it has improved enormously and would now rate among the best. But on the negative side, I would have to say that the hotel now lacks maintenance. There is a damp smell in the rooms, using the treadmills in the gym tends to kill the power, the poolside lounges are falling to bits, there is mould around the pool rim, noisy airconditioning in the rooms, etc. In addition, the quality of the food and service in the restaurant is variable, depending on who is on duty. Most of the staff have been there since the hotel opened, so it can’t be their fault. Maybe it is the change of management and/or a new policy of cost cutting. Whatever it is, I hope it is addressed soon or regular guests like me will be looking at other options.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank crdaus
dusitD2baraquda, Front Office Manager at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
delightful day to you from dusitD2 Baraquda Pattaya!

Firstly allow us to thank you for your valuable feedback we have received during your stay. Such valuable and essential feedback is very much appreciated and serves us to constantly improve services and comfort level for the benefit of our guests. I would also like to extend my personal appreciation towards your time you had taken of your busy schedule to highlight the challenges you had during your stay; again those comments will be taken seriously and are of paramount importance.

In my long years in the hospitality industry it’s my aim that my team and I strive for perfection. our main training focus for all our employees is customer service provided the “delighting with style & substance”. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcoming you experienced during your stay.

To target the particular areas you have highlighted for all comments on the tripadvisor.com. We have addressed to the respective team members to ensure visible adjustments are done and well trained. The mentioned challenge you had during your stay is certainly very serious shortfall from our side which should not have happened.
I am confident that for your upcoming stay we will be able to meet and hopefully even exceed your expectations. In the future we will handle these matters with more professional and can assure you that this experience will not be repeated.

Please kindly contact me directly before your next visit to Pattaya and your stay at duistD2 baraquda pattaya and I will personally ensure that the above is delivered and you will be well looked after. you may call me at 084 388 8441 or contact me via email seksan.ry@dusit.com

Once again, thank you for your time and effort to share your experiences with us.