“I'm not the fork delivery boy...”
Review of Mata Hari - CLOSED

Mata Hari
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have visited Mata Hari several times with different company, and generally enjoy ourselves. It is good.. Not the best in Pattaya, but convienently located, with well priced entrees. This time 2 of our group ordered filets medium rare that came out cooked completely different, but I don't like to send my food back so I ate my over cooked steak, no problem. One of my dinner companions dropped her fork and was trying to get another one, when the Manager or Owner came to our assistance. After she explained she would like a new fork, he replied with an attitude and the brilliant comment "I'm not the fork delivery boy..." which shocked everyone at the table, and made it so we will never return. I'm sure business will still be good for them since unfortunately Manhattans closed down next door, but we will stick with Cafe Des Amis for our fine dining choice in this area in the future.

1  Thank RobynIsAllOver

Reviewed January 8, 2014

For Pattaya this is an excellent Restaurant with a great selection of international dishes and a few well known Dutch specialities. A very good wine list and again some reasonably priced wines. Staff is excellent.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Visited Mata Hari with 5 friends, the service was efficient and very friendly. Food quality is the best in Pattaya, but a little pricy, served in an elegant dining room. Will return for sure.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The service is good, but, for the same quality, pay twice as much as in any other restaurant in pattaya.

2  Thank patrick b
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went here after I tried to go to Manhattan ( which is now out of business )

It was a happy accident. The service is excellent and the food well prepared and well presented. The wine list is small but select. It is a splurge on Pattaya standards, but worth treating yourself. The seafood is excellent.The staff are attentive without being obtrusive. One small detail, if you are going to tip, bring cash. Service is NOT included in the charge and the staff do not charge to credit cards.

I will be back.