See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

First of all is the smile you get from homer of this lovely home feeling hotel. Then rooms with lovely balcony.
Location so great and not in front of the main road.
I enjoyed and recommend
For me was first time in this part of Pattaya all around are very nice

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shuki V
Reviewed January 30, 2016

My friend living in Jomtien booked me in. I was there from 5/12-27/12-2015. The owners "Charlie" and "Dang" visited everyday and were very friendly. The staff were the same, very helpful and always smiling. The room i was in had a big Balcony. The facilities were excellent and the room/hotel were very clean. Wifi was available. There were on or two dead spots but it was not an issue.

I was there on Christmas day. A party had been organised in the evening, where food was laid on. All the staff were there and everyone had a great time.

I thought the value was excellent, It was a minutes walk from the beach, where you could easily get a baht bus into Pattaya.

Food was available, not Thai but Burgers (the owner is American) They were very tasty!

Thanks for a great stay.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2015 via mobile

Chang Charlie is located at the northern end of Jomtien beach. It is situated down a quite street meaning there's no noise from the bars round about. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff friendly. There was a balcony but it looked out onto wasteland. My sister and I weren't really prepared for what Pattaya was really like. As two young western females we were very much in the minority. Also, having come from Koh Tao, Koh Phagan, Koh Samui and Koh Lanta, we were extremely let down by the beach here. It is very dirty. This has no reflection on the hotel but I wished that we had known what Jomtien was really like as we wouldn't have wasted our time or money visiting. We decided to leave after only one night despite booking, and paying, for three.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2014

we a party of three my self wife and friend have just spent 3 weeks in chang charlies and everything about our stay from start to finish was a delight,the service was great staff were so helpful cheerful the rooms were first class, we are about to book another 3 weeks in January john sue and dave

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank 211jonboy42
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed just a couple of nights here recently, and it is a refreshingly pleasant spot. Down off Soi 8 I think, it's very quiet and residential, and this hotel fits right in, being a low set and casual set up. There's a small cafe for coffee and a lap pool downstairs, yes, stairs, no lift here, but that's cool, only a few floors. The staff here are exceptional, bright friendly smiles and very charming, it was a pleasure in itself to talk to them anytime. There is obvious sense of pride in keeping the place sparkling clean and the rooms reflect that, with crisp sheets on Asian firm beds, spotless bathrooms and always clean floors. Good sized rooms too with quiet air conditioning makes for a relaxing time after a hard day at the beach a 100 m down the soi. The place is such a welcome change from the bustle of the beach strip, or the huge cookie cutter resort style blocks of flats you see dotted everywhere. Chang Charlie is a throwback, it's old school and is perfectly fine, I'll be happy to recommend in the highest order and look forward to booking again next time I'm down that way!

Room tip: I always prefer high floors to avoid street noise, but the loudest noise I ever heard was the resident rooster in the morning...
Date of stay: March 2014