“Awesome Indian food”

Mantra Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #49 of 1,251 Restaurants in Pattaya
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Mantra Restaurant & Bar is a chic and stylish culinary experience unlike any other. Located on Pattaya Beach Road in Amari Pattaya, Mantra features seven open kitchens serving up incredible Asian, Western and Mediterranean cuisine. Dramatic, eclectic, unique - Mantra features two levels of awe-inspiring architecture and unique décor while the towering treasure walls create focal points with artfully placed collection of artefacts. Hedonist Harlem, Opium Den, the Sultan's Table, Opera Seats or Main Theatre, you choose your corner. DRESS CODE Mantra is chic, smart and stylish - and that's how we like our patrons to dress. Gentleman - no shorts, tank tops or sandals please. During the weekends the dress code is relaxed to Smart Casual. The Mantra Team reserves the right to refuse entry. Mantra Bar Open Daily, 17:00 to 01:00 Mantra Restaurant Open Daily, 18:00 to 01:00 (last kitchen order at 11:30) Fabulous Sunday brunch from 11:00 to 15:00
Reviewed January 23, 2017 via mobile

It's a very good restaurant with lot of options, I tried Indian food with my family (veg) it was nice and the samosas are awesome ( though very small in size).
Overall a great romantic place with nice ambiance.

Benjamina S, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2017

Dear Khun Tanmay K,

We are so much happy you had a good time and enjoyed Indian food in Mantra, I will pass your compliment to Chef Zeda ( Indian Chef). Thank you very much for your review in Trip Advisor. We are look forward to welcome you back to Mantra again.

Best regards,
Ben

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed January 21, 2017

I've been going to Mantra for many years so I have a good feel for the place. It's always clean and the staff are quite professional. The food is always top notch, even when they rarely get it wrong. I'm sure everyone is curious about the bad points but let me assure you that they are a really good place to eat at, even if its just once in Pattaya. The issues that got my attention were minor but still noteworthy. First, they sent my drink to another table, then later they went back to the other table and brought it straight to me which I thought was odd. Why would I want to drink after you gave it to someone else? Also, their 2 for 1 special is only on select drinks which are not reasonably marked. They signs are everywhere for the 2 for 1, but on the menu you need to staff to point out that it's only for the handful of drinks that have a smile symbol next to the item. That seemed a bit tricky to me. Also, never show up when they say they are open as that is only the front bar and not the restaurant, which actually opens an hour later. But the inside decor is great, and I love how well the staff operate. Oh, and never order futokaki as the chef will say he can make it but it always comes out as something else.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

Prices are fair at this restaurant with a very nice ambience. Music was on point and decorations were wonderful to look at. The service was also out of this world. I highly recommend Mantra.

Benjamina S, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

Dear Josh R,

It was very nice to have a chance to meet you at Mantra. Thank you so much for your awesome review to share your had a great time to other reviewers.
We are look forward to welcome you back to again on soon.

Best Regards,
Ben

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Ate here in a party of 6. Lovely bar with an excellent happy hour. We had a lovely table in sumptuous surroundings. Unfortunately the food did not live up to expectations. My wife's salmon was dry and my pork chop was inedible. The meal seemed disjointed with some people receiving their meals at different times. There appear to be 7 kitchens, which seem to have difficulty co-ordinating their orders.

I'm afraid the menu was quantity over quality.

Shaun V, Executive Chef at Mantra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Dear uktraveller2017,

Firstly thank you very much for taking the time to review our restaurant. Trust that your feedback is used constructively for us to improve.

I would sincerely like to apologize for your negative experience and can ensure you that your comments taken very seriously. Regarding your pork dish we do have a record of your complaint and I noticed that my team has tried to rectify the issue during the dinner by offering you another dish free of charge, which you declined. Regarding the salmon we didn't recieve any comment on the evening so were not aware that you were unhappy with this dish too. We try our best to give all our guests the best experience possible but realise that on this evening might have fallen short and again apologise for this. I hope that in the future we have the opportunity to make this up to you and would appreciate if you could contact me directly next time you would like to visit so I can personally take care of you table. shaun.venter@amari.com

As you correctly state our menu is very extensive and comes out of seven kitchens. Depending on what type of menu item or set menu you order will determine the timing of your dishes being delivered. I notice that you had one of our Discovery Set Menus for one of your guests, which is five courses, and this might be the reason why you assume that the dishes were coming out at different times as you and the rest of your guests had a standard a la carte of one starter and one main.

If there is something which you think I missed then please feel free to contact me directly at on my email address above. and thanks again for your comments.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Brgds
Shaun Venter

Reviewed January 17, 2017

Ate here on New Years day and the food and service was amazing. Everything that we ordered was fantastic. It's by no means a budget restaurant but it's not overly expensive either and I'd definitely be back here if ever in Pattaya again.

I can't recommend this restaurant enough and is easily the best place I've eaten in a long time.

Benjamina S, Public Relations Manager at Mantra Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Dear Stephen M,

Thank you so much for your review for Mantra, we are so glade that you have a happy time in our New Year Party. We looking forward to welcome you back on a soonest occasion.

Best Regards,