1,052 results
All reviewschic towersea viewwalking streetnew towerbeach facingsuperior roomswimming poolnice hotelhigher floorexcellent locationindian foodtuk tukbooked this hotelrooms are bigstayed nightsbreakfast buffetmini bar
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I booked this hotel, located far from the walking street. However you can´t escape the wild nightlife, and the prostitutes in Pattaya. Good security, with a guard round the clock. Nice pool which is neaded beacause of the dirty beachwater in Pattaya.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We were a group of 20 who stayed at the Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel.
Pros:
- Cheap (Value for money for the beach facing and location
- Good rooms
- Average location (20 min walk from the place where the real action is)

Cons:
- Not very helpful staff

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jaishank
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The Discovery Beach Hotel has seen its better days. It has that look, feel and smell of a hotel that needs a good steam cleaning, plus the intense work of a maintenance team for a few months. That said, my kids loved it, service was fine, and the price was right - so given that it met expectations, I give it a four.

Rooms are done up in a modern style and seemed clean enough. We stayed in two during our time, one a standard king bed number, which was quite large, looked out on the pool and had a pretty good layout. We should have stayed there, but the free wifi didn’t work. So they moved us to a single bedroom suite, which was great, as I could stay up and watch TV while the kids slept. At least that was the idea until the disco across the way started pounding. LOUD. Luckily this only went till about 10:30, but it was enough to rattle my cage. I would strongly recommend a pool view room, if you can get it.

The hotel itself is right near one of the busier beer bar sois, with lots of ‘entertainment ‘ to drive by if you come down the soi. And easy to access if that is what you are looking for. The hotel, being a cheaper location than some of the others (Amari, Dusit, Hard Rock, etc) gets a cheaper clientele. The saving grace for the place, I guess, is the pool. It has two slides that are perfect for kids age 4 to about 8, and if I ask my children what they remember best about Pattaya, it is the pool at the Discovery Beach. So…

Pros: Cost (I think we paid $65++/night); location, on the beach and centre of action; pool.
Cons: A bit run down; loud action nearby; cheap tourism vibe.

Room Tip: Go for a pool view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed at the Pattaya Discovery Beach Hotel over the weekend. I checked the ranking and rating on tripadvisor before making the purchase. My family (parents, brother and his family) booked 2 Superior Sea View rooms. We were given 2 rooms on the 5th floor. I was very unimpressed with the so called "sea view" when I walked into the room. It was a peek-a-boo corner of the sea overlooking a sea of old and dirty roofs and I had to stand in one corner of the balcony with my neck stretched out to see the ocean (see pictures). All the hotel pictures show "ocean" outside the balcony, even the Superior Sea View rooms. The pictures are deceiving!

The hotel had a karaoke or bar in the same soi which had their music blasting through a loud speaker until 1AM. I'm not blaming the hotel for this. Just a note to future travelers.

The shower floor was not angled enough. Once we turn the shower head on, water was sipping out under the glass shower panel to the bathroom floor. The whole bathroom floor was wet after a shower. My brother staying next door stated that their leak wasn't bad so I believe it may be a problem in some rooms only.

4-star is an over stating!

The pro's of the hotel are... location (on beach blvd) , breakfast buffet (good selection) and the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Swimming pool is awesome. beach is near by. Room was good. Quality of food was good.
Overall experience was ok but the room we got was on 4th floor with no lift :(