“Good Value comfortable place to stay”
Review of Ibis Pattaya

Ibis Pattaya
Ranked #35 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Had a great time in pattaya with IBIS, good clean rooms(though a bit tight on size), excellent location great service and superb food, value for money.

Ideally suited for travelers with families,but do ensure you stay on floors 5-7 as the lower floors are hounded by large group tourists who come by the bus loads.Excellent street food just below the hotel, 2 seven eleven stores on either side of the hotel, an excellent breakfast buffet, though not much for vegetarians. All in all a great holiday if u stay at IBIS.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ibis Pattaya

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel is centrally located with all the major attractions of Pattaya near by it..
Service is really very good,..Good swimming pool though a very small one,..Nice lobby,,..Sexy staff..
Breakfast served is reaaly awesome & healthy but nothing would be served after 10 am strictly.
The Check IN time is 2 PM so do your bookings accordingly or else you will have to wait for outside at the lobby as we had to.And 2 PM means 2 pm not before that even if rooms are empty the coz THAI people are very punctual and very aggressive..
Major problem faced by every one was the language i.e. no one could even speak english which is world wide spoken language..We had to literally start our translator and communicate with them..

Room Tip: Confirm our bookings and check in time with your agent prior
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Jean Pascal B, Manager at Ibis Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Kirty88

Thank you for choosing ibis Pattaya and your review here on Tripadvisor.

Great to read that you have enjoyed our services and the central location.

Our breakfast times start from 4.00 a.m. and last until 12.00 p.m., while we serve a full American breakfast from 6.00 to 10.00 a.m. during the side hours we still offer a healthy continental breakast with breads, pastries, salads, fruits, juices, waffles or pancaces and coffee or tea.

We do have check in and check out times and usually are very flexible if we have rooms available. Please understand that if check out is due by 12.00 p.m. we still need some time to prepare the room for your check in.

I do agree that the English level of our staff could be improved, but all our front office staff speak a reasonable amount of English. Additionally our Manager on duty or myself are around to assist if it should be more complicated.

Thank you for staying at ibis and we hope to welcome you back at one of our properties!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

You've stayed for 6 nights.
Hotel in the heart of Pattaya - we walked easily everywhere.
Rooms and corridors could be cleaner.
Staff is nice but most of them cannot speak english.
Compairing to other IBIS, this was probably the least maintained and less client oriented of the ones we've been too.
Beach is near but we do not advise to swim there because of polution. Better beaches are in the South Pattaya.
But then, summarizing, It is a decent hotel in the heart of central Pattaya.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jean Pascal B, Manager at Ibis Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear SBSantos

Thank you for taking your time and telling us about your recent experience with us.

I am sad to read that you have found our staff not to be guest oriented. We are continually training our staff in customer service and also are having English classes for all our front staff.

Regarding our corridors, I am happy to inform you that we are planning to change all carpets within the upcoming months.

I do hope to welcome you back during your next stay in Pattaya to let you experience our improvements.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recommended for business travellers
Nice Pool
Good Restaurant
Pub around the corner
Good restaurant in the vicinity

Not so good:

Average room size
Little far from the beach

Room Tip: All the rooms are same
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice location in the heart of vibrant tourist attractions in Pattaya. However room was still quiet, pretty like it! I and my friend at first decided to have a room rental with unknown apartment/hotel. it turned out that their price were as same as what I would pay at ibis. Finally goes to ibis, at least its brand could ensure my experience.

Have not tried the pool, that's only bad thing about this hotel T_T

Room Tip: Higher floor gives you more privacy and tranquility.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Efficient check-in but no Internet password handed over althought I asked twice "all done can I now go to room". So I collected when I came down after standing in line.
Room good but not spring clean I guess that what you can get in off-season.
Lot of noise from room above every 10 minutes a boom sound came out as if someone is throwing heavy things on floor. First night I somehow managed but second night I couldn't tolerate anymore so gave a buzz and told to change room. I obliged but surprise surprise No one came to help I had to do it myself. Worst case when staff speaks in local language and you become a puppet in their hands.
Very badly designed power plugs for phone charging. I bet if you can get your iPhone charger full inserted in the socket. Only remedy is to have an adopter which you need to request and in my case it took 30 minutes only when I called second time. Am I being unreasonable?
I like the self service room service concept but only thing stood my way is to carry my own tray to lift with other guests was quite embarrassing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Jean Pascal B, Manager at Ibis Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Truthmustprevail

Thank you for taking your time and writing about your recent experience.

I am sorry that your experience has not met your expectations.

At ibis we do strive to offer good value for money. As an economy hotel, services such as porterage, room service or turn down service are cut out in order to offer a more attractive price.

Should seek these services in particular we certainly also have full service hotels to offer here in Pattaya such as our sister hotels Mercure and Pullman.

We do hope to welcome you back at any of our Accor properties in the future.

Kind regards from Pattaya

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My Thai wife and I stayed at the Ibis Pattaya in June 2013. We chose this hotel, as we had recently stayed at the Ibis Bangkok. It was also our first choice, as they allow small dogs up to 10kg to stay in the rooms, which have a dog box under the bed. We had just imported our small dog from Australia.
We found the Staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. We were greeted with the customary Thai smile at every moment. The hotel was clean, restaurant & food was good value for money compared to a lot of hotels. The hotel is in a good quiet location, off the main road, with many eateries, street food, nightlife and shopping close by, as well as being very close to North Pattaya beach. The hotel also has a nice swimming pool. Very good value for money compared to a lot of other hotels in Pattaya.
D. Wyatt, Australia.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear gts71

Thank you for your kind review.

I am happy to see that you have been enjoying our great food and found our hotel to be clean and well located.

I am even more happy to see that our staff has been very friendly and helpful. Your comment will be shared during our next meeting and I am sure this will be an extra motivation for them.

Thank you for choosing ibis and we hope to welcome you back at one of our 9 ibis hotel here in Thailand.