“A bigg No No....”

Sawasdee Sunshine Hotel
Ranked #324 of 566 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Booked this place thinkin its ok for what its charging...
But it was a disaster.No lift is the worst thing of the hotel.
the staffs are good enough. But the ambience is not.
The bathrooms dont have proper locks, the ac duznt work...
i checked out in a day...
Though it charges low. But i dont think one should stay at this kinda place even for a lesser tarif.
its only plus point... its quiet klose to the beach.!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nick184
There are newer reviews for Sawasdee Sunshine Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The fan room was completely without any form of ventilation which meant that even though it was cool outside the room was still like an oven. Otherwise it was ok for the price with fridge and free water and hot shower. Maybe it is ok in the cool season.
It is located close to second road so it is not very far to beach.
The room was ok cleaned and had ok facilities for a budget hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Paul81
Reviewed March 19, 2012

this hotel was very bad experience!Staff very unhelpfull and rude, rooms dirty, with awful smell you can not get rid off!! thamks God we have only 1 nigt there, but we were really thinking about getting diferent place. we decided to stay in city all night and just have it as locker for our suitcases, but we really didnt felt they are safe there. Do your search well, if you are not planning to stay there for longer just party all night then will do, but otherwise stay way! you will regreat it if you book it!! the only good thing about that place was location.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank mesomething
GM-Sawasdee, General Manager at Sawasdee Sunshine Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest

I was extremely sorry to read about the general attitude of our staff during your stay. This does not in any way reflect the usual service level of our hotel. My department head concerned are noted and an appropriate training will be conducted to avoid the recurrence of such incident in the future. Further more, I do strongly agree with you that the cleanliness is the most important factor to make your accommodation comfortable. Please accept my deepest apology for the discomfort caused by the cleanliness issue.
Last but not least, the security of our clients are the most important and kindly rest assured that our staff serve the best service in an appropriate manner to all guests including you. A training in regards to guest relations will be carried out to avoid such incidents in the future.

With Best regards,

Apirat P
General Manager - Sawasdee Hotel Group, Pattaya Area

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I am coming in this hotel last 4 years. Every visit I stay here one week minimum. I stayed here with my family also. The best Budget Hotel in Pattaya. No joiner charges.The hotel is within walking distance to the beach, to the mall, and the "entertainment" district is just down the road. Really clean hotel with budget.7/11 shop is just few steps.
The room is basic and nice, Air-condition, Television, fridge with Mini Bar, Hot/cold water, large bed very comfortable, two chairs with a table and clean, Tea/coffee maker inside the room, Big dressing table with a nice mirror, Free clean towel / soap / shampoo / toilet paper roll, complimentary mineral water.
Breakfast of acceptable quality was provided. The lobby is small, there is no elevator. There is internet available (WiFi). The guests were reasonably well behaved. 24 hours reception with safety Locker. Really stuffs are very nice. I feel here comfortable always.
When I will be in Pattaya I will be at Sawasdee Shine always >>>

Room Tip: Superior Rooms are the best with large window.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Bishindia

Dear Bishindia

First of all I would like to say thank you very much for your kind selected Sawasdee SunShine during your valuable time in Pattaya.

I'm very happy to hear you satified during your stay with us, we look forward to welcome you in near future.

Thank you very much once again Mr.Bishindia and hope to welcome you again in near future.

With Best Regards,

Apirat P
General Manager - Sawasdee Hotel Group, Pattaya Area

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our room at this hotel was decent enough. A basic room - clean sheets/bedding, the room had really pretty purple accents (bed skirting, window curtains) which was a nice touch, we had a spacious room, hot water, comfy bed, air conditioning. The TV didn't really work and only had a few English channels (but who really watches TV in Thailand). The view from our room was entertaining as our 5th floor window looked out/down to the front of the hotel, so we had fun watching the "massage" parlour girls across the street trying to entice men into their salon at night. The cat calls and whatnot were funny. Luckily, we could shut the window and no longer hear them if we didn't want to. As for location - there's a 7/11 at the end of the street and the beach is about a 10 minute walk away. There are restaurants and bars in every direction. "Mike's Mall" is also just down the street, which has some great shopping.

Negatives: we were on the 5th floor of the hotel, and there was no elevator, so it was a long hike up to our room every time. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant because the menu and food did not look appetizing at all. Finally, the staff at this hotel are so rude, we will not be back for that reason. On our last night we were trying to confirm our shuttle for the morning, as a shuttle was supposed to be picking us up at 10 am to take us to Bangkok . The staff could hardly speak english and had to get their manager to come talk to us, who rudely told us it was "all good" and nothing more (whatever that means). In the morning when our shuttle was an hour late, we asked the hotel staff if they could call our travel agent to find out what was going on. They refused to call and said they would charge us 35 baht/minute to call (about $1.15 CDN per minute). The lady at the front desk got rather rude with me, so we were very grateful to get out of there. Again, we will not be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travel_junkie266
Reviewed February 11, 2012

No very good at all! Staff were a bit rude and there are no lifts!!! Bed and bed sheets were dirty and also smelt funny. Did not even stay the first night and unfortunately we couldn't get a refund, but was willing to stay somewhere else even if we didn't get our money back.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2012

When I checked into my room there was no water in the tap. They fixed that next morning. First day I came down for breakfast at 11:30am and they said that I have to pay for my breakfast becoz I was little late. Breakfast was included in my room package but they asked me to pay for it for being late!!! Would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I will change my hotel tomorrow.

• Stayed: February 2012