“Over priced and over touted”

Seafari Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Seafari Dive Center was the first scuba diving operation to open in Pattaya and one of the first in Thailand. Founded by Bill Burbridge back in 1970, it's still actively serving scuba divers from all over the world. If experience is "the best teacher", we've got more than 35 years of it and that certainly says something! Why not come and join us for a great days diving or try one of our introductory courses which run all the way through to instructor levels? Look forward to seeing you.
Kissimmee, Florida
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Over priced and over touted”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Very expensive shop but if you're an adult you can't really find dive gear in Pattaya unless you bring you own mask and fins. You might find a discount in the travel agents around town as the shop is expensive and there is very little to see on the dives.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Gerardus S
DivingSeafari, Owner at Seafari Dive Center, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Hi and thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that you didn't seem to enjoy your time with us - or it would seem anywhere else in Pattaya. We are confused by your comment with regards to Adults kit. I am 6ft 3, size 12 feet and 120 K and we have plenty of kit that fits me and bigger?

With regards to prices - we are very price conciseness and know that we are as competitive as the other shops in Town. We are not and don't strive to be the cheapest. We are a safe professional operation and pride ourselves in going the extra mile when ever we can.

I am not sure which dives you came on - on occasions if the visibility is bad then of course the number of things to see if reduced. I hope from the pictures on our web sites submitted by 100s of customers divers will realise that Pattaya has a lot to offer including 4 wrecks and 20 plus sites, seahorses to Turtles, sharks to rays, Nudi's to hundreds of types of corals.

Once again thanks for your feedback - we to take all comments seriously and should you visit Pattay again then please contact us and we will endeavor to ensure you have a great day out.

Mark Bond
Director

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Had a day out diving with Neil after quite a break away, so I was a little rusty. He looked after me well both in and out of the water. A decent guy and would go diving with this company again next time I'm in Pattaya.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank bird-harry
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Niel is a great guy with rubber gloves to boot.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I had so much fun with Niel I can't even begin to tell you about it. They are very environmentally friendly as well. If you ask Niel for Rubber gloves to pick up trash and protect your fists he will be happy to provide them for you.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank Deco66
Singapore, Singapore
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Lovely Dive and Friendly People”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My gf and i had our dive last sunday. The first dive was kinda bad as visibility was not that good. 2nd dive was great with many fishes and we manage to see a turtle. Mark and his colleagues are fantastic and nice , helping us out on our needs. The only thing is that the response in email seems to be slow or lacking. In short, i would recommend this dive center.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank mobikom
Pattaya, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Centre”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I recently qualified as an SSI Open Water diver in Melbourne as needed to find an SSI facility in Pattaya as we were moving to Thailand for 3 years.
What a gem I discovered with Seafari ! The staff are so friendly and understanding.
My daughter decided she would like to try Scuba with her Dad so we went along and spoke to Neil and he tailored a day out to meet exactly what we requested. We did 2 dives off Koh Sak where Neil ran through the basics with my daughter firstly and when he was happy we went for a dive and saw seahorses and turtles amongst a myriad of sealife and all this in 30 deg sea !
Since then, my daughter enrolled on her Open Water course and I on my Advanced Adventurer which we both completed on Sunday.
Again a beautifull warm day in Paradise, I first dived on the HTMS Khram (30M) off Koh Phai where whilst enjoying the sealife felt a nudge in the back and on turning round was greeted with a massive turtle who wanted to get passed !!
Then we finished off with a couple of dives down to around 10M where my daughter finished her skills assesment and then enjoyed the warm waters and abundance of corals and marine life.
I highly recommend the Seafari Dive Centre to anyone either wishing to experience the wonders of diving or to continue learning, the safe & relaxing environment created by this team makes for a great day out.

PS: The homemade lunches they supply are awesome, I love the Green curry !!

Visited August 2011