“Great value for money Hotel”

Whitehouse Condotel
Ranked #108 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Mumbai
“Great value for money Hotel”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Booked the hotel online because of cheap price and was expecting a ok type place. But to my amazement the place was well managed with clean rooms, helpful staffs and decent restaurant. Its is also very close to beach so you can walk you way to enjoy the sun and water.

Room Tip: Take the street facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Naman R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Good location, walking distance from beach and right in the centre of activities yet in a silent alley. Rooms very clean and spacious. . Excellent quality of sleep. I stayed in Room 310. Plenty of places to eat, see, shop around. Reception staff a bit dry but rest are very friendly and smiling. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank accidentalsurgeon
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I have booked this hotel with recommendation and good reviews from Tripadvisor. Indeed the hotel never fails my expectation for the start. The room is spacious and comes with a in room dining table and a queen size bed. Daikin aircon unit which allows you to control the coolness of the aircon to your liking. It comes with a balcony that have outdoor white plastic table and chairs for you to sit. Ashtray is provided at the balcony for smokers. It was all fantastic for the first night. But all was dashed when I had this "theft case" in my room.

As whitehouse condotel offers the room with a key and key holder, one is suppose to slot the key holder into the slot to activate the power supply. But when I do my check in, the hotel did warn me about loosing the key would award me with a 3500baht penalty. However, none mentioned that if I cannot detached the key from the holder. Furthermore, the keynis detachable which I believe many have done so. As usual practise of mine, I did the same. The next day I was out as usual and when i return that evening, I got a shock out of my life. MY ROOM HAVE BEEM BURGLARED!!!

Everything has been made clean and I believe it is done by the housekeeping. I never expect anything to be taken out of the room without tenant approval. My key holder was gone just like that. Bear in mind, at this time I did not hang any card out to call for "make up of room". Neither did I hang any card out to mentioned "do not disturb". Since I never done so, they intruded my paid room, I am fine. My question is, "is it a common practice for any staff just come in the room and take anything out of the room without the consent of the tenant? In such instance who should be guilty?" I mentioned to the duty personnel that night but none could answer. All have told me to speak to the manager the next day, but none have relay the concern of the stayer to their manager. This made me skeptical on the service that they could provide. I never approach the issue with the manager as nothing is lost except for the key holder which they return to me that very evening after my call to reception for a stolen property and wants to call for the local police to make report.

I could have give a wonderful score. but I just couldn't. Please be cautious when you stay here. Anyway the location is superb!!! Google map it and you understand what I meant.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank MJ S
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This was my first stay in this hotel although I have been in this area many times. Firstly, the only drawback to this hotel is that it is at a right angle to the beach and therefore your balcony (if you have one) either faces the street outside or the car park, as mine did. If this isn't a key requirement then this hotel is hard to beat.
I had a Supreme room. It was very clean (cleaned and beds made every single day), had a nice sized and comfortable bed (most beds in the hotels in this town are like concrete) and there was lots of wardrobe and drawer space. In addition, there was a good tv, an electronic safe and excellent quiet aircon. The bathroom was also very good with a top notch shower in it's own cubicle...very nice.
The breakfast was included in the price and was good quality although there wasn't a great deal of choice. However, if you want something different just turn left as you exit the hotel and about 20 yards down the road is the Sportsman bar which serves good grub. For laundry, 10 yards up the road is a guy who does a good job at very cheap prices and cheaper than the hotel.
The hotel staff are excellent and the security is very good. But the icing on the cake is the hotel's location on Soi 13. It is close to Walking Street, very close to the Grand Plaza Mall and a short walk up to Second Road puts you in a position where you can easily visit a few good restaurants, bars, the Soi Diana/L K Metro area etc. It doesn't get better than this for location.
All in all, when taking the room's quality, cleanliness, cost and the hotel's position as a whole, I would say this is the best hotel I've ever used in this town, I would recommend it and if I visit the area again I will make this my first choice for accommodation.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank JOHN J
Mumbai
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Yes. It's very economical but quality is maintained
Large rooms which are neatly done and clean
Ever helpful staff
Very close to Pattaya beach

No big name. No fancy stuff. Basic yet very effective
A great package for budget traveller

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank shreyansss
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked the hotel as it was the cheapest place we found on the net. I had no real hopes for it to be any thing more than a shady hotel.
To my surprise the hotel is a fantastic place to be. The breakfast, cleanliness and the service is great. To top it all free Wi-Fi in the rooms was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ronak_Parpani
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here recently and really liked this hotel. I had the deluxe suite which included a separate bedroom, kitchenette and two balconies. The rooms were always clean and included nice furnishings. The hotel is well located with restaurants, nightlife and markets nearby. It is about 200 metres to the beach, 10 minutes to Walking Street and 15 minutes to the pier to get a ferry to the outlying islands. The reception staff and housekeeping were always pleasant and helpful. The hotel has a pool and sun deck on the top floor with a reasonable view. The rooms have double glazed sliding doors which make things very quiet inside. The only downfall is that there is no business centre and no designated lounge/bar area. There is however a lounge suite and a bar adjacent to the reception area. I can't speak for other rooms, but mine had two TV's which were both analogue. These were only minor matters and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a view other than onto the courtyard of the adjoining hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo