“Stay far away”

Ranked #194 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Denver Colorado
“Stay far away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

My stay at the Sabaii Inn was miserable at best.
I stayed for 13 nights set up through Agoda. If I had not of prepaid I would have changed hotels the next day. My first two days were spent freezing to death. The AC would only work on full blast or not at all. No temperature set point. I complained numerous times and they did nothing. I guess they figured it worked because it cooled. I finally convinced them to give me a different room after I came down with a major chest and head cold. The new room AC worked much better and cycled as it should. But when I went to take a shower the next morning I had no hot water. They sent up a mechanic and then tell me I have to switch to another room because of major plumbing problem. So I switch again to my 3rd room. This one smells like a chain smoker spent the last year in it. I requested a non smoking room but I honestly don't think they care. My first night in this room I notice its getting very cold. This room has the same problem as the first room, AC stuck on full blast all the time. I only have four days left so instead of moving again I decide to deal with it. So I turn it off at night when I go to sleep. Better to be too hot than to get cold and get even sicker. All this plus the wifi only worked about half the time if you were lucky to get it to work at all. Older rooms with dated style and furniture. I knew it was a so called 3 star hotel when I booked it so I didn't expect the Hilton. However I would rate it more a 1 star in my opinion. I still have the head cold because of this place and it pretty much ruined my vacation. To top it off on checkout they charged me for $8.00 worth of stuff from the mini bar that I never consumed. Lousy hotel and a rip off.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank noonecares53

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

I have stayed on and off at this hotel for the last 7 years MR Aan the manager is so accomadating the staff are excellent,location is good 5 mins from the beach and only a baht bus away from the nightlife all in all it is well recommend and room rates are good for the service you get.D.M.RAY. Eng

• Stayed January 2012
Alhambra, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I recently stayed at the Sabai Inn after moving over from another hotel.

Everything at the Sabai was excellent. It's in between Beach Road and Second Road. The Shopping mall and Big C market are just up the street.

The rooms and staff were excellent. The hotel is far enough from the clubs and bars on Beach Road and Walking St so noise is not a problem.

I just received and electronic Christmas card over the internet from the Sabai which I thought was nice touch.

I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

Is a great hotel. Near to the beach and Big C shopping. 10 Baht bus just in front of the hotel. The staffs are great and very helpful and speaks fluent english. The housekeeping is great too. The rooms comes with 21"CTV, WIFI, Safe Box, minibar, stand shower for standard rooms and complimentary afternoon tea.
Only negative point is the air-con. This hotel is a bit old, so some air-con did breakdown. The management need to service or change to a new set of air-con.
However, i am still a regular guest. sabai Inn have served me well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hpngpatrick88
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Having not been to Thailand before I did not know what to expext. I stayed in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Phuket and Krabi in a number of hotels of various standards during July/August 2011 and can fully recommend the Sabai Inn. I chose this end of town as I did not want to be woken by noise from the Walking Street entertainment strip. In any event it is only a few minutes on the Bhat bus to get to the main hub and Central shopping centre and only cost 10 baht. The buses run past the Sabai in frequently. I stayed on and off at the Sabai Inn for about 2 weeks and could not fault the staff or the service. It was very cheap and the price included a good hearty breakfast. Breakfast and the pool were directly opposite the Inn at the Sabai Lodge and I did not find this to be an inconvenience. The manager Arn and his staff were most helpful with tourist day trip bookings, laundry or general advice. It is not 5 star however the rooms are clean, air conditioned and serviced everyday no matter what time one decided to rise and leave for the days activities. They also serve a complimentry afternoon tea which I found quite pleasant upon returning from a days outing. Yes it is a little away from the hub but not an inconvenience. Just down the road is a tattoo joint where you can hire a scooter if you wish and the beach is just a few minutes walk. You can even walk into the main hub along the beach which I found interesting and pleasant and can take about 20-30 mins. All in all I would highly recommend staying at the Sabai Inn my stay was both comfortable and enjoyable, upon returning back to Australia I requested a late check out at 1800 hours and this only cost an additional 500 baht and made my last day stress free without having to worry about my luggage. Will definately stay again without any hesitation, thanks to all the staff kind regards,

Don O'Garey (Qld, Australia)

Room Tip: Recommend you don't stay in the room adjacent to the lift as the room service office is next doo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

The best choice for first time as well as regular travelers to Pattaya. Best staff guest relationship ,great ambiance, have a good mini bar inside the room. Clean rooms, comfy bed which helps for a good night sleep. It is located near Big c , and walkable distance to the pattaya beach. Nice rich ambiance all around. And friendly hosts

The best choice in Pattaya. Makes us feel like coming back again and again. And very economical

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on third or fourth floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vampyshady
Half Moon Bay Cal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

I have stayed at this inn several times over the past 8 years. The inn is located about 150 yards from the beach, close to a small mall (Big C) with movie theatre and super market. I had a large ocean side room which was quiet and had a nice view. The room was clean but beginning to show its age in the bathroom. Paid 1400 baht during hi season, Great air conditioning, no bugs, 2 complimentary waters daily, very nice staff, in room safe. I have never had a problem at this hotel or heard of any other guests complaining about problems during my stay.
This inn is situated close (starting about 50 yards from the front) to a row of hostess bars, so probably not the best choice for someone travelling with small children.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank JeffHalfMoonBayCal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
Eastiny Place
#79 of 442 in Pattaya
Punyapha Place
Punyapha Place
#372 of 442 in Pattaya

Been to Sabai Inn? Share your experiences!