“great place”

Ranked #108 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Nong Khai, Thailand
“great place”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was the first time I stayed here it is near the center of Pattaya and close to many thing to do, I booked via hotel club and was not disappointed, would stay here again.
Did not use B/F because late sleep in!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank splinter49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
stoke on trent
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had a few issues with the hotel and the reception couldnt sort it out. I made 2 appointments to see the manager BOTH of which he failed to turn up for.He knew my room number and my concerns and didnt bother to contact me after his no shows. Very bad practice. The hotel is also rather tired and could do with a good clean. A plus side for the hotel is the waiting on staff who were excellent

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank groyster
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed two nights at this Hotel and I was extremely satisfied. The room was huge. Really more like an apartment than your typical Hotel room. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It is located in the midst of the action so you do not need to go to the "Walking Street" unless you have not been there before and want to have a look. There are heaps of places to eat, have a drink, massages etc. plus the usual street food abounds. My room was ready on arrival and the staff were polite. The buffet breakfast which is served between 6:00am and 11:00am has enough variety to suit everyone's personal taste. Two very small "negatives" but which should not deter you from staying there:

1- Wi-Fi is a tad slow which I had read in another review
2-The A/C units might be a bit small for the size of the room and you will need to keep them on 18 degrees and full fan in order to reach a comfortable temperature

All in all a great place to stay and I would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AustinPowers2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Ha, thank you Tripadvisor for my new 'badge' of Hotel Expert, and add that I only write to help other travellers; and that I love to write.

On arrival at any hotel I love an express check in, especially at night, and this time it was about 11:00pm with around 12 hours of travelling behind me. Even at this time of night the Reception and Concierge was in full swing…with a quick signature and I.D check I found myself upstairs with all my luggage in a matter of a couple of minutes and a few nice smiles… I felt like a rock star would being whisked away after a concert - brilliant, really really happy.

The 1 bedroom suite I had chosen was about 90m2 in size and eloquently furnished. Every single piece in the room, from the dining table to the bedroom mirror I would choose for my own home. All very tasteful and went perfectly with the theme of 'Royal Suite' with big throne-like seats and royally fashioned trimmings.

The suite was centrally wired for lighting, air-conditioning and most other things (like do not disturb etc) all cabled back to a bed-side remote control system. Additionally dimmer controls all around the suite for multiple different mood-light setting anyone could ever need. The king bed was comfortable, and pillows very nice. Robes and thick fluffy towels check, check.

While all this was great, the room interior linings had clearly suffered from water leaks. The hotel could do with some roofing repairs and the ceilings re-painting to bring it back to good condition. The suite was a little void of natural light with only small glass sliding doors off the lounge and the bedroom. There were two small windows in the bathroom, one in the shower and one beside the bathtub. However I was not at the beach in Thailand to chase light inside my room!

The bathroom was like the rest of the suite, very nice; but then to the shower….oh no it was the classic-Thai scolding hot, or fridge cold, take your pick. I have stayed in so much different Thai 4 to 5 star accommodation has plumbing that does this. After a couple of days I worked out the hot water was delivered in gushes of about 45 seconds then going cold. So I worked out a system of just leaving the hot tap on full and moving the cold up or down as the water temperature fluctuated. (PS - the hot tap turned-on clockwise and cold turned-on anticlockwise…just to confuse the issue even further!) I had earlier read a review from another traveller on this hotel who complained about this water temperature problem, so I had anticipated it. I imagine this would need a complete overhaul of the hot water system or something I guess, but I'm no plumber. There is absolutely no point in wasting time reporting this to maintenance or reception…there is nothing the staff can or will do but act like there is no problem, and wait until you get tired complaining and give up…classic Thai style problem solving. The Jacuzzi bath looked nice but I didn't make use of it with my short stay and with the warm climate. However would be a good alternative to the annoying shower.

The Wifi was free (as it should be in any hotel if they want guests), however I did have to get a little piece of paper with a log-in number from reception. I lost it and called for another one…I swear it would have been less than 45 seconds before the doorbell rang and a cute little shy Thai stood there and presented me with a new one. She must have skated up she was that quick! It took a few goes to log-in, but when it did it was one of the fastest and reliable Asian hotel wi-fi's I have used.

In the morning I invited the cleaner in, and she was very thorough…a little overboard almost. Such as mopping the balconies each day even if I did not go out there once. I am happy to say this would be the first Asian hotel that I did not find a long black hair reminiscing from a previous guest.

While the cleaner was busy I decided to head down for breakfast and was delighted to experience another no-fuss welcome. No waiting to be seated, no 'can I check you room number' own no 'please sign this'… just go ahead and help yourself. The kitchen was good here. There was a prompt egg chef and a good selection of both Thai and western style food. There was an okay little automatic cappachino coffee machine too.

I love to see staff busy cleaning and maintaining the hotels we pay to use. I watched one carefully cleaning the glass doors on the entrance repeatedly, after all the careless guests repeatedly print their palms over rather than using the handles. Everything was kept clean with the exception of the light blue lobby lounge suites. While one of the most amazing sets of furniture I have seen, they were visibly filthily. They badly need an upholstery cleaner. However this is another Thai-typical classic thing; I have seen this in so many Thai high-star hotels.

Location - Good and central. I can see the Hilton hotel less than 1km away on the beach. It is in a great action-packed Soi thats quite reminiscent of a movie set… it has lots of shopping, bars and never short of something to watch unfolding. The location not right on the beach but that only takes 4 or 5 minutes on a motorbike. The pool was very nice, and clean. Just a little cold as the building shaded it much of the day….so not popular with the guests which could see the positive in.

The price was competitive at 3,200 baht (about $100 Australian per night) including breakfast. The LK group appear to have a number of hotels in the area that I would be confident to try.

As I say LK you got top points from me, and I will definitely be back if seeking accommodation in this area.

I hope you enjoy reading this information as much as I do writing it. I promise this is a very honest and impartial review as always. If it has helped you at all please let me know with just 2 seconds of your time by a 'Helpful' vote click, or even subscribe to my reviews and follow me to find out about the best and the worst hotels as I reveal them around Australasia. Thanks ;-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
19 Thank SmithersinAU
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I would recommend this place if you come with family.
Room are huge with bedroom living room kitchen. it's very well located near all shopping places.
The only think is the decoration little bit too much. Big furniture chinese style.

Room Tip: go for the big one. good value
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Roatan
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pictures look great when looking at the hotel supplied photos
Good looking shower pictures just can't use it because no control of hot water.
The room was clean but the hallways smelt like urine.
I went to the desk twice after checking in once for extra key - Wow I was given a lecture about how I would have to repay so much if I lost the key - felt like I was in 1st grade again.
Next time went down because they give a real small paper strip with the internet password and again it was like going back into first grade by the sour attitude person behind the desk. Never could understand if someone is so unhappy with their job why they have to continue to work there and make everyone unhappy - get a new job you are happier at.

I would have checked out of this hotel, if it wasn’t prepaid I would have. I didn’t want to go down to the first grade classroom again. I will not stay here again – too many other hotels in town for the money

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank airspeed_69
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Upon arrival i was informed all rooms fully booked i explained i had booked three months earlier but had to make a fuss and explained i booked through Agoda then their attitude changed and was upgraded to superior room for the length of stay, three weeks very nice room as my friend was booked in standard and was out dated by twenty years. Royal suit is situated a hundred meters down from soi Baukhao. Had a card/key which i kept in my pocket and never interacted with staff which never smiled, i felt as if i was staying at a condo. The shower water was either freezing cold or scalding hot no inbetweens, i complained four times but fell on disinterested ears, cold showers for three weeks. The most disconcerning was their attitude of security towards lady joiners, never once asked for i.d. when i brought the lady to reception to take her i,d, they would simply throw it in the draw and would not record her details, never seen this before in Thailand as all motels value their guests safety, even when lady left they should ring the room make sure everything is allright but they never once. If you value your security do not stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends