“Intimate Hotel”

Ranked #79 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Ballarat, Australia
“Intimate Hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Everytime I go to Thailand I stay at the Intimate Hotel, formerly the Tim Boutique. Prices to stay here are very reasonable, staff are excellent to deal with and the food is excellent and very cheap. Its right in the heart of Pattaya and everything is close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a great hotel tucked away from most of the noise. Overall the hotel offers great value for money, is clean and with spacious rooms, including a seperate shower cubile and bath. We stayed there for 4 nights in Dec 2013. The staff are very friendly and attentive and when we arrived they had left a bunch of roses for us on the bed and filled the bath with rose petals and water!

The breakfast that was included is basic and the same each day - Having said that, for what we paid, it was a bonus to be offered any breakfast.

The airconditioner can be noisy as it is a unit on the balcony rather than ducted and some feather pillows rather than polyester would have made our sleep better.

Overall, I would say the hotel offers great value for money and the staff are delightful

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank baddream1
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Air conditioning in room is good!! Bed is great! Lobby nicely air conditioned. Internet is free and excellent speed. Also, I was allowed early check-in to my room and after long flight, I appreciated this.

Manageress does not speak English, so it is very difficult to conduct normal business. She is surly and makes no effort to put her guests at ease. The other hotel staff are very pleasant.

Next day, I was falsely accused of smoking in my room (Fine EURO 50).This was also a mistake which they acknowledged but, yet again - no apology.

Breakfast is at best "average"

On 3 different days, I was fined a small amount of cash for a stained bed sheet.

On another day while I was out, the cleaning lady and maintenance staff entered my room despite the "Do Not Disturb" sign being prominently displayed on the door. As a veteran traveller, this is the worst break of trust that can happen and violates a guests security. No items were missing from the room!

Don't get me wrong, despite these issues, this is a quality hotel and as long as I get a good sleep, I am fairly content. Maybe I expect too much?

On a slightly off topic issue. Bangkok International Airport funnels many billions of THB into the Thai economy. I suspect far more than half national income yet they cant be bothered investing in proper air conditioning and after a long journey and the hour in the queue at passport control - I feel they need to reassess their priorities.

Room Tip: High floor at the front
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank PhilfromIreland
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel which is in Soi 14 off 2nd Road. The hotel is within walking distance to the night life, and is an excellent position for all of your shopping needs. The room was clean and large enough with a comfortable bed, and the bathroom had a giant bathtub and separate shower facility. Of a night there was only a little noise from the local night life but not so much to stop a good nights sleep. The only trouble I had with the room was getting the shower setting to stay on a temperature that was good for me.
Breakfast had a sufficient variety to be acceptable but was not of high quality and closed at 10. Staff were friendly and helpful all the time.
The pool and gym are on the rooftop. The pool is good but there was no shade on it due to its rooftop position. The gym was substandard with only about 3 pieces of equipment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times before, and reviewed it once before (when it was just the Tim Hotel - they have since added an 'In' and an 'ate') but I haven't looked back to see what I wrote last time. The only thing I remember is that I moaned there was no free wifi and this, thankfully, is no longer the case. The fact I'm back must count for something though, it's a pretty good option in a town with a huge range of hotels.

Last time I was upgraded to the next room up from the 'Deluxe' (with a jacuzzi) which I forgot when I rebooked this time. Consequently, last time's room was nicer, newer and this one was mildly disappointing, but it's fine despite that. Actually, it's quite a pleasant room to hang out in and escape the hot and intense atmosphere of Pattaya. The TV has a few English film channels and the bed is large and comfy. The room is not luxurious, but it's decent enough nonetheless. The bathroom is the same - functionable and good enough. I don't worry about bugs appearing or contracting an unpleasant disease, which is a positive I think. In this town I've seen rooms advertised for £3 a night - this one is the easier side of £50 in high season but I'd rather give them the money and be here. I've also stayed in slightly more expensive hotels here which this one beats hands down. So if this is in your budget, I'd go with it.

On the top floor there is a lovely pool. It's clean, big enough with loungers all around it and features a reasonably priced bar and saunas. The beach is walking distance, and Jomtien beach (which is nicer) is a 20p bus ride away. Walking Street is less than ten minutes walk and if you are wanting to have a friend or two back for a, erm, drink, they have no problem. Equally, if you are with your wife (as I am) it's a pleasant and acceptable place to be. They also have business facilities by the looks of it - a meeting room and other stuff which I don't have any use for. So this place covers all bases and does it fairly well.

I didn't eat here at all - breakfast is available all over the place for less money than the hotel asks (and I like the variety) - so I can't comment on the food. But the minibar is very reasonably priced and well stocked. Also the room service menu is well priced, but I didn't test out the offerings. My one complaint is that housekeeping were not exactly on stealth mode first thing in the morning, there was a lot of loud talking and shouting down the echoey halls from 8am onwards. The first time we got up to ask them to keep it down a bit, the second time we asked at reception if they could and after that they were fine. Their phone however had one of those piercing ringtones so when reception rang up to them, which they did many times, it woke us up - to the point where I wanted to rush out the room, do not disturb sign in hand, and rip the phone off the wall. But I didn't, sanity prevailed and no criminal charges needed to be brought. Other than that, the staff are great, really friendly and helpful, the doormen particularly so. I regret not tipping him as I left to be honest, it was bad form on my part and I will address that if I return.

In conclusion, this feels like a good mid-range hotel and I think it fits the prices they are asking. It's not amazing, but it's not expensive. I like it, and I'll stay here again. I'll ask for a room down the hall though, away from the telephone.

Room Tip: I'd upgrade to a jacuzzi room, and get a room down the corridor away from housekeeping's tel...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sukicat5000
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I liked my stay at this Hotel. The staff was friendly, rooms where clean, the bed was comfortable and most important there were hot water in the shower 24/7, but whats up with the window on the toilet, this one I don't get?

If one missed breakfast room service was only a call away. The cleaning staff supplied a couple of water bottles each day. There is wireless Internet connection on the hotel, depending on time of day the connection went from very good to rather poor, but good enough to read the Norwegian papers and checking e-mail.

If by any chance I will go back to Pattaya, I can see my self staying at this Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Petter T
wales uk
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hi, every time i visit Thailand i am eaten alive by bites, i thought it was mosquitoes biting me in the evenings while out eating in the open air restaurants, i have sussed this out aftermany trips, they are in the bed linen, i was fed up waking up with bites everywhere, think about it???
the hotel sends the sheets away to get washed, they hang the sheets out to dry and the midges go into the sheets, sheets back on bed and the midges have a meal on you overnight, now i shake the bedding and spray anti midge and mosquito reppelant on the sheets and room, you can always ask the hotel to come to your room and spray the room! took me a few trips to suss that one out, hope it helps for you??its not this hotel but most hotels, beware and take precautions.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo