“GREAT HOTEL”

Ranked #87 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Perth, Australia
“GREAT HOTEL”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We are a group of Australian Golfers who visit Thailand every year.........This year we stayed at INTIMATE HOTEL for seven nights.There were 20 men in our group and this is the first time there has been no complaints ..............Rooms, Food,Service,Location were all excellent. The Staff went out of their way to make sure all of our needs were catered for.
The Group have voted and the ITIMATE HOTEL is our new home in PATTAYA.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JOH1945

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Disappointed cos this hotel is not as great as what other travellers have claimed. This is a 4-star hotel but it charges customers for almost everything. Besides the drinking water, you need to pay for wifi (which is such a common value-added service that even most 3-star hotels have provided). I was told to pay for the coffee in the room (those usual pre-packed instant coffee Nescafe) because i had opened it. They had put a sticker on the package which i had taken as part of the packaging design. 40BHT and i didn't drink it cos the coffee powder must have been left there for long time as it tasted sourish. First time in a hotel (moreover 4 star!!) that i had to pay for this coffee.

We reached at 1pm and the room was not ready. Some hotels i've stayed in would probably throw in a free drink while you wait at lobby. Nothing from this hotel obviously, and wonder their efficiency when I saw the same situation with other guests on my day of check-out.

Although rooftop pool was beautiful, it was 2metres deep, which i don't find it nice for a dip/children.

Overall, i think there are better hotels in pattaya than this!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank French_Bulldog65
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed 9 nights in a deluxe room.The room itself was fine with a great bed.It overlooked a bar complex which was a little noisy but not bad.My main problem was that the rooms are described as having a balcony.Ours was just a tiny room with windows.There was no room to sit even if you wanted to.This is the only reason I would mark this hotel down.The pool area on the roof was great.The hotel is very clean,the breakfast is very good and you have a good choice.Most of all we found the staff to be very charming,helpful and always smiling.Shame about the 'bacony' !!

Room Tip: street side may have at least a proper balcoy - but still tiny
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed 10 days in a deluxe room here and overall it was a very pleasant experience. The room was of a decent size and very comfortable. The bed being one of the largest and most comfortable I have had in Thailand. As well as the bed there were two chairs one being a comfortable one with a foot rest. TV had a decent range of channels but nothing special. There was plenty of hanging space in the wardrobe but limited shelf drawer space. The electronic safe in the wardrobe was of a standard you would struggle to get a netbook in there.

The mini bar was full of drinks (beer, water, juice) and chocolate with no space for your own goods the prices were reasonable but nothing special. My only real problem was 40 baht for a coffee set, you can go to a 7-11 and get a pack of 10 for not much more.

The bathroom had a large bath and shower with plenty of hot water and decent pressure. Two large and two small towels provided. Usual set of toiletries (shampoo, soap, shower gel etc.) provided.

I was on the 5th floor facing the avenue complex and had no problems with noise during the night, from walking down the corridor I think the other side might have been noisy. The room had a balcony but it was that small as to be pointless you could not have got a chair on it.

The security and concierge staff were excellent and friendly, you hardly ever had to open the door yourself or call the lift as someone was already there. Reception staff were also very friendly, smiley and professional.

Went up to the swimming pool twice and it looked ok but limited seating especially under shade.

Only had the breakfast there once and it was ok but nothing special, range of fruit, cereal and bread. With a cooked breakfast available.

Location is excellent, on a quiet street (soi) within an easy walk to the central and royal garden shopping centers and also down to Walking Street.

My only negative is that I didn’t feel the cleaning staffs were up to the usual Thai standards, I found a couple marks from dropped food that had not been cleaned and when I looked under the bed for something I dropped it was filthy with empty bottles and rubbish (not mine) brushed under there.

I would stay there again as price and location are ok, but only if I could confirm a room on the Avenue side.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the Avenue side
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great area to stay if you are looking for a place close to the action and the beach that has easy access to the everything and you are also looking for a quiet enough area with a good variety of shops for clothes and shops for presents and you are also looking for a big variety of food and relaxation

Room Tip: Kiss Food up the road
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here in November 2012 at the end of a mission trip with a group of 5 people. The hotel was going through some renovations during our stay which didn't really impact our stay, but it looked like it was going to be very nice after completion. The staff were very pleasant at the front desk, the doormen polite and the service staff in the dining room were very attentive and professional.The rooftop pool area was quite nice and clean, with a small swim up bar at one end of the pool. The food in the dining room was overall pretty good, not elaborate, but still very nice and attentive. We only ate breakfast here so i can't comment on the other meal periods. But they had the usual western styled food as well as a few local / asian favourites. The rooms were in need of updating, but weren't horrible. They were clean and the amenities in the room were more than enough. My only complaints about our room was the safe wasn't secured to anything, so anyone could have walked off with it very easily and late at night when the bars closed down we were woken up by lowd yelling, partying and it went on for a bit.That being said you have to realize that you are in Pattaya afterall and that is part of the experience of this party all night location... sort of like Thailand's version of Vegas! The location is quite good, very central to everything, although not close to the beach. Upon check out we were surprised to see a charge for something that we never had, but after talking with the front desk manager the charge was dropped without any conflict. All in all it was a very pleasant experience, and anyone who travels should realize you're not at home but in a land of a different culture and should be open to some differences after all isn't that why we travel?? Relax and enjoy your trip. Like the song says " Don't worry.... be Happy"

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the street, it can get a bit noisy late at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
yorkshire
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Before checking out, I would have said this was a fantastic place to stay - great room, location, value for money etc. We'd had a great 6 days there. However, upon checkout, we were asked to pay for something we'd not had from the mini bar advertised as chicken soup. When I said we'd not had this, I was told they meant coffee. Although I've never had to pay for a sachet of coffee in a hotel before, I explained that we'd not had any coffee. A petty argument over this 40 baht coffee went on for about 15 minutes, along with several phone calls between the manager and housekeeping. I was accused of lying about it and then after a couple more phone calls to housekeeping, the manager asked us to go back to the room where there was evidence that we had had some coffee. I refused to go back as I assumed they must have planted some evidence as I was told there was now a dirty coffee cup in my room (there wasn't one there 15 minutes prior). I explained that this was not evidence that either of us had consumed this drink! Maybe a case for CSI Pattaya? Myself and my travelling companion were was also accused of "having friends" in the room (which you have to pay extra for), which, although not unusual in Pattaya, was also untrue. In the end, I told them to use the housekeeper's tip to pay for the stupid cup of coffee I never had. What a rediculous argument over 40 baht which has now resulted in me never wanting to go back to that place again.

Room Tip: Ask for all the things you have to pay for to be removed so they can't accuse you of having thin...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends