Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
$53
View deal
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel perhaps 9 or 10 times over the last few years.The ratings I have given are based on past experiences.This is because of the extensive building work going on on both sides of the hotel.Normally I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful,value for money hotel.However I will not be returning until completed as the work is really in your face.There was a digger,pile driver and crane positioned right outside our room.They were also erecting a steel barrier and the noise was really unbearable.We asked to be moved to the rear of the hotel where building work on a larger scale has not really started yet but were told there was nothing available.Pattaya Bay Resort used to be a haven of peace,surrounded by greenery in what can be the madness of Pattaya.Sadly this is all lost now.

Room tip: Rear of hotel at the moment
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank hamishb866
WalailukPattaya, Manager at Pattaya Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your long patronage to Pattaya Bay Resort. We are so appreciation in your patience on our Front wing Construction. That we expect will be completed by end of 2013 with 8 storeys high, housing 170 beautifully designed rooms.We would like to keep continue in growing and offer new upgrade product to our customers.

Any quality Construction program means major noise; however please rest assured that all works will be professionally screened from view and limited in noise work hours.

To thank our guests for their understanding and patience, we would offer a special rate to all guests for their stay during the mentioned period.

While I was shared from other project at other side of our building, they will start around end of next year 2013. When is the time, our construction will be almost completed.

Once again Thank you for kind patronage and keep us to be one of your selected residence.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed 1 night at this hotel. Walking distance to Pattaya Avenue and to Pattaya Beach. Wifi available at every corner of the hotel. Food is not a problem as there is lots of eating places nearby the hotel. Recommended to those who is looking for a simple and easy access hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

We are truly happy to know that our location and overall stay met your expectation and encourage you to come back to us in the future. We will do our best to ensure that you will have the similar experience for your next visit.

We look forward to the day when we can welcome you once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a review it pains me to write, Why? Under normal circumstances I would not hesitate to rate this hotel 4 maybe 5 out of 5. The location is good just set back from Pattaya 2nd rd and Soi 13 down to the beach is a couple of minutes away. The avenue shopping centre means eating options are plentiful and the villa supermarket is just on your door step. The staff are just awesome I really can’t rate them highly enough from the girls on reception to the cleaners. The hotel is spotless, there is free WIFI and the place is guest friendly. The rates are also excellent for what you are getting and the stay 6 nights get the 7th free is a really bonus.

So what’s the problem? The issue is the building work on both sides of the hotel. The new wing started to be built in October and is not scheduled to be finished until December 2013. I was in a room at the front of the hotel and when I tell you the work is close I mean less that 10 yards close. They had just started digging the foundations and let me tell you pile driving at 7:50am after a big night out is no fun. I tried to sleep through it but it was just not possible. The noise and diesel fumes also make the roof top pool not a relaxing place to be.

They are however offering reduced rates for visitors during this time but for me to stay in a front facing room they would have to be substantial. If you want any kind if peace I recommend a room at the back but as I mentioned there is building work going on there too. The work was unrelenting staring at 8am and ending around 7pm. During my last couple of days the noise became a particular problem and had I not only had a couple of days left I would have moved hotels.

I stayed here in a standard room for a week. If you are travelling down from Bangkok make sure you have the address and the telephone number. There is no way the driver will find it with out. I had the hotel’s card, called the hotel and asked directions from 2 people and still the driver couldn’t find it!! The hotel is a 5 min walk from the beach (the beach is really poor), 10 minutes to Central Festival and 15 minutes to walking street. The hotel is set back from the main road and as such is really quiet.

The rooms are modern very clean and the sheets changed regularly. The cleaning staff really are to be commended as they do a great job. The TV has 60 or so channels including sports and movies and the WIFI is quite quick. The bathroom is smallish and is a wet room style. Each of the rooms has a digital safe. Security is good with joiners ID’s checked and held and a phone call made before they are released. Maybe the one thing missing is coffee making facilities but I know the more expensive rooms have these. The pool is small but there are plenty of loungers and it has a nice waterfall to cool down in. As the pool is on the roof there is a nice breeze all day and there is sun from 7am to 5:30pm if you want it. Breakfast is thrown in and is pretty standard fare but the eateries of the avenue are only a stones throw away.

All in all I feel that I would not stay here again until either the end of the building work or until at least a lot of the heavy construction has finished. Which is a shame really because this is one of my favourite hotels in Thailand. If you can get a really good deal and get a rear facing room to lessen the noise then go for it. As for me unfortunately I will not be returning until the building work is complete, but rest assured I will be back.

Room tip: For the next 18 months through the building works you must, must, must request a rear facing room for your own sanity!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Sykofever
WalailukPattaya, Manager at Pattaya Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for nice feedback to our overall staffs and Cleanliness. We are so appreciation in your patience on our Front wing Construction. That we expect will be completed by end of 2013 with 8 storeys high, housing 170 beautifully designed rooms.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is our third day here and it is such great value for money. Hotel is spotlessly clean, the staff are incredibly friendly and no request is too much. There are two lifts, a swimming pool, free WiFi that works really well and a good restaurant. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, we are happy to have met your expectations in service and quality standards. Receiving such positive feedback from our guests motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Once again, thank you for your valued patronage.
From all of us at Pattaya Bay Resort we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have just returned from holiday and spent 3 weeks at this hotel. It is a very nice, good value for money place to stay. All parts of the hotel including rooms,the swimming pool, common areas, bathrooms and dining area are all spotlessly clean at all times.The hotel has 8 floors and there are 2 lifts available which are more than adequate. The hotel staff are all very pleasant and helpful and the restaurant staff are particularly nice.

The swimming pool on the roof is lovely and the restaurant dining area which overlooks it is also nice. A wide choice of food is available on the menu and I enjoyed the meals I had. It was also inexpensive and lovely to eat outdoors next to the pool.

The rooms are nice and have a TV, fridge and a secure electronic safe. Security in the hotel is also very good. Rooms are cleaned daily to a high standard and fresh towels etc are provided each day and beds were very comfortable. The hotel also has a very cheap and quick laundry service available. It also has 2 computers in the lobby which are free to use online at any time.

A previous reviewer stated the hotel is in Walking Street. That is incorrect, it is actually located next to the Avenue shopping mall close to Second Road in a much quieter area which is good for sleeping at night as there is very little late night noise near by. Walking Street is actually about half a mile away, but can be reached quickly in 5 minutes in the hotel free tuk tuk or by the baht bus from Second Road. The hotel is very near Soi Buhkao and Soi Metro which are good for shops and have some good bars, places to eat and at least 4 or 5 gogo clubs.

For solo travellers, I would add that this hotel has no 'joiner fees'.

I had the best holiday of my life in Pattaya and this hotel contributed to that experience by being everything I expected. I had no problems with anything during the whole 3 weeks and would definitely stay there again.

Major building and construction work has now started right next to the hotel and may be going on for at least the next 6 months, however the hotel have stated this clearly on their own website and as a result may be offering price reductions on rooms during this time.

Overall, a very nice value for money hotel I would certainly recommend.

Many thanks to all the hotel staff for contributing to me having the best holiday of my life!

Room tip: Front of hotel rooms have sea view if on a high floor. Check hotel's own website for details of the construction work currently ongoing over the next few months. Reduced room prices may be available during this period.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
WalailukPattaya, Manager at Pattaya Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share us your remarkable stay experience at Pattaya Bay resort during your recent visit. That is very nice description making us so pride where we are.

We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us and wish to thank you for your gracious comments about our hotel services and facilities particularly in regards to our Staffs and cleanliness as your feedback will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards you have experienced during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Pattaya Bay resort.

Warm Regards