“Tranquility in a vibrant city”

Amari Nova Suites Pattaya
Ranked #41 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
London, United Kingdom
“Tranquility in a vibrant city”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

From the moment you arrive you will feel welcome and right at home.Our room was on the 5th floor front corner suite,absolutely wonderful,great size all mod cons,two balconies with all day sun.The swimming pool with jacuzzi on the roof was the perfect sun trap open from 6am-10pm with drinks and food available.Gym also on this floor well equipped with great views.Location is perfect,as transport is so readily available 24hours from the shuttle bus to motorbike taxis to all the bars and beach,or you can walk in 10 mins to the beach.Just far enough away from all the nightlife if you need a break.Motorbike can be rented for 150baht a day outside the apartment,great for touring around and visiting jomtien beach far nicer than Pattaya.If you want a class place to stay look no further.

Room Tip: Corner suites on the high floors front facing with two balconies are quiet and the perfect sun traps...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Duncan B,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay and enjoyed with our hotel facilities and services.
I appreciate you have taken your valuable time and shared your experience, your great feedback will be shared with the team and become a great motivation for us
Thank you once again for your time and I am very much looking forward to your next visit.
Natsathida T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just had a 3 night stay at these apartments on our way home from Australia. Apartments very spacious, clean and well equipped. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We checked out of the apartments on 13/7/2013 at 19.00 hours. When we got to the airport, we realised we didn't have our camera. We immediately contacted the hotel and minibus company to see if it had been found, but to no avail. As you can imagine we were completely gutted as we had lost all our holiday snaps from both Australia and Thailand. If anyone was in these apartments on this day (13/7/2013) and may have picked up our camera (canon slr camera, red video camera and a small olympus compact camera) we would be very grateful for it's safe return. a reward is offered. You can contact me on edwardsharris@aol.com

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Dean E,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience. I am great to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate to know you had enjoyed the hotel facilities, including our service.
Refer to your camera, our team already sent you an email and we are keeping all information in lost and found record. So, if anyone can find it that we will immediately contact to you.
Ecuador
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great hotel located 1 1/2 hour from airport. It is super clean, modern feel. Wonderful roof top pool and a full fitness room with a view, not in the back room or basement. Breakfast buffet is the only meal they are seriously prepared for. We ate at the restaurant many times and ordered the same food but got slightly different variation (like chicken rather than fish, different dressings), with the service not consistent either. There are many places to eat in area (like the two ladies across the street). There's a hotel shuttle available and it is a fun experience. English spoken a little, staff helpful. This is a polite place, there were business men with their wife and children. Full kitchen and washing machine, laundry service great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sisterdel,
I appreciate you have taken your valuable time and shared your experience, your great feedback is very important for us to improve our standards level regarding to standards on food presentation that I have discussed with our chef to have more training with our team.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was with my wife in a corner one bedroom suite, the room was the most spacious one we ever had, and full with every thing you need, but with one big problem it was cold all the time, even with the air conditioner turned off all the time, the temperature was 23 in the bedroom and 25 in the living room, although the floor felt cold and with humidity. So the room was not comfortable to us, we had to cover when sleeping, something we don't ever do in thailand hotels'.

Breakfast was perfect, really perfect, nothing to complain at all.

Another thing we did not like at all is that they advertise a shuttle bus with a route and a schedule and it does not work at all, instead the use the usual tuk tuk to take you to the nearest big road you choose, either central, or second road, both big C are also acceptable destinys for the tuk tuk, but don't expect to go to the pier to koh lan as they promise ... annoying.

And lastly another bad thing, when we arrived a bell boy took our bagage without asking first, well, that may be ok or not, as the way to the lifter was really easy and short ... the problem came when he left the bagage at the room, she stood in the door with the hand extended, I said goodbye but he did not go, and I felt so pressed I have to give him 40 bahts to make him get out of my room ... this should never happen in a supposedly high quality hotel like this one, this was frustrating and annoying, but I have had bad experiences previously with this theme, so I opted to give him the tip so he got out of my room. If I was the manager of the place I should fire him for what he did to us.

But things did not ended here, when we left we did not asked for help to get our bagage out, as it was so easy and did not like the previous experience, when we made the check out the boy doing it asked us why we have not asked for help in a retorical way, we did not go into details, that is what tripadvisor is for, he came with us to the taxi waiting for us, but he did not helped at all putting the bags in the cab ... no tip no help once again? ... It looks like that.

Well, I should say to the amari managers that they should change this stupid and annoying behaviour from their staff, it deteriorates their image greatly in two critical momentes, at check in, and what is worse, at check out, giving you a terrible bad impression of what is quite a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Look for offers in amari.com you can get better prices than else where if their offers suites your n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank josemanuelh
Koh Chang, Thailand
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We decided to spend more and have the one bedroom suite and cook our own breakfast. Good choice because the suite is SO spacious. Huge, with 2 TV's and stylish dressing area and dressing table leading to the en suite. Very well designed. The shower was great, but there was room enough to include a step or seat.

The decor of black and white with red accents in pictures is very modern and could be considered stylish, but we found a little garish. The huge lounge was so comfortable, and we enjoyed being able to cook a simple quick breakfast.

Only snag is that the only frying pan was a wok, not flat bottomed. Also lacking in the kitchen was a cloth and dish wash soap. Not that we wanted to wash up, but just doing the odd cup or glass would have been better.

But the kitchen was so well equipped with a washing machine and dryer, microwave, proper size ice chest, etc.

Our suite on the 4th floor was steps from the swimming pool, open for sensible hours up to 10pm, and the well equipped gym was also very close by. Many times I was the only person at the pool.

I found the bed too hard, and the edge platform around the bed was very unpleasant to step over to get out of bed. Very awkward and in my view silly.

Another design defect was a slatted type of window from the lounge into the bedroom. I woke early, because of the uncomfortable bed, and needed light in the lounge area so I opened those curtains. But that let too much light into the bedroom where my wife was trying to sleep without any curtains to block that window. Pity.

Another positive for me was the amazing array of lighting options. Some dimmed, some were down lighters, and others large overhead lights to flood the room with light. I thought this was really good, and well better than most hotel rooms with one or two lights only. Well done!

The hotel is located off the main roads which may not suit everybody, but we had our own car there so it was perfect for us to be in a slightly quieter location.

A few niggly items were a tile out of the swimming pool, missing mosaics, some scuff marks on the paint in the suite. I would have expected higher standards from Amari, and maybe this hotel needs to be inspected.

All that said, we have been back to stay a second time.

Room Tip: Our one bedroom suite on the 4th floor was close to the steps to the roof top swimming pool and also...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear KCsaffas ,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay and enjoyed with our room designed at our hotel.
I appreciate you have taken your valuable time and shared your experience, your feedback is very important for us to improve and be aware of some areas that need immediately improvements, the pool tiles fix is already in our project.
In addition, Amari Nova Suites is located Central Pattaya however we have provided 24 hours golf cart service to Big C shopping centers and main road, Shuttle bus to beach road and Walking Street for our customer.
I am very much looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel in nearly future.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Let me start off by saying this - my first couple of days here were not as awful as the last. Beside the hotel being extremely grimy and the internet not working, it didn't get gross until the shower.

After my shower shot out dirt that smelled like sewage remains and fecal matter I immediately called the front desk. They sent someone upstairs to evaluate the problem to which he said it was unfixable. The front desk lady was then "kind" enough to have him escort me to another room to shower.

The first room I was escorted to was from someone who had obviously just checked out. It reeked of cigarette smoke, had trash ALL over the place, and had wet black hairs all over the bathroom floor. Call me picky but that's just disgusting.

After telling him no - he then proceeded to take me to someones ACTUAL room who was checked into the hotel (by mistake hopefully?). I had to quickly run out. Then he told me he was sorry but nothing they could do.

When checking out a couple hours later, they did absolutely nothing to compensate for the trouble and thought it was funny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Atlantareview
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Atlantareview,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Amari Nova Suites Pattaya. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.
I do apologies on behalf of Amari Nova Suites Pattaya. After investigated, I confess we got things wrong and the service you received certainly did not our usual standards. We did some important emergency work at the tank of our warm water system, it caused effect to some of the guest room. Please rest assured that we have addressed this with our team involved to prevent this from occurred and we will continue to make improvements in our service levels.
I am sorry that I didn’t get the chance to apologies to you in person. However, I certainly hope to hear from you in the future or when you next plan a trip to Pattaya.
Again, I sincerely apologies and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you in the future.
Best regards,
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived here on a leisurely family vacation and were pleasantly surprised by the value we got.
A corner suite with all facilities of both a furnished residence and a hotel room. The breakfast was nice and crisp. I had thought of it as a downer since it was not located on the beach but there it was...the beach shoreline just a few metres of walk away. There's even a 7-11 convenience store nearby. The staff were nice enough to give a complimentary city tour and golf cart rides to the beach too! Overall, had lots of fun in and around the property.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room and preferably a front facing balcony in the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vaibhus
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Vaibhus,
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I much appreciate the time that you took to let us know that you enjoyed with our breakfast and you had good experiences with our hotel.
Your great feedback will be shared with the team and become a great motivation for us.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.