“Great room but beware”

Ranked #38 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Columbus, Ohio
“Great room but beware”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've stayed at this property several times over the past three years. It has a great room and the property is clean. The staff--except at the front desk--is very nice and helpful. The front desk personnel acts like you are the enemy, and that's the experience I've heard from several other guests. They are not pleasant to deal. They also let anyone walk in and get on the elevator--the only 'nicer' hotel in Pattaya that I've seen this happen?

The major problem comes from order food or going to the bar downstairs--this is where they stick it to you hard. So, you think you're getting a great value on the room, which you are, but once you do anything else on property you'll spend a ton. Only sleep there and do everything else off property.

Room Tip: Personally, I don't like the corner suites because the extra space is tucked away in the corner...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PErike
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear PErike,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your feedback. I am happy to learn that you liked our room and I thank you for your input with regards to the issue with our front staff.
I have also noted your comments on the issue to improve our service.
Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this has caused and we do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Natsathida T.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A well maintained hotel and friendly staff, always a delight to return. The rooms are large in size and well appointed. The kitchen has all the tools a travleller need for a short stay or long stay. The pool on the rooftop is nice and the lounge chairs are nice to chill out after a long day. The location is a bit of the grid, but on the other hand it is peacful and quiet to sleep at night, compare to other hotels on beach road or near walking street. I enjoyed my stay and shall be back in the future. Thanks for the good time...

Room Tip: corner room overlooking the city is the best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear HenryM44,
Thank you so much for your nice review. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you had good experiences with our hotel.
We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you soon again in the near future.
newzealand
Reviewed March 23, 2013

room 705
balcony facing the street. To the left side you see the pool of another hotel plus more. looks nice at night as they have decorative lights shinning etc . Nice view from both sides of the balcony . We had 2 Sliding doors that open up onto the balcony deck . One from the lounge area and one from the room .

one thing you realise in pattaya is that your always sorrounded by people sometimes shoulder to shoulder . BUT!!! coming back to this place truley is bliss . Because you are always crowded on the street your body NEEDS space amari fufilled our needs.

The up side for my husband is they had nrl rugby league channel which other hotels have only soccer etc so he was happy . Night time we had the pool to ourselves roof top and the view is beutiful." lights everywhere". The ambiance on the rooftop with cool massive chairs that your whole body can sit and stretch out on is awsome .

we took advantage of the gym
they have weights, light to heavy for men and woman with more free water up there also.
they have a stretch bar , mats, swiss ball .different machines for all parts of the body . Tv in the gym room also.

organise with the bell boy who takes up your luggage a motorbike for the day around 280-300 baht per day ($15 whole day use) way way cheaper than rip off taxi. 200 baht per place you want to go.

beers from 7/11 called (cheers extra) 6.5 % alcohol cost 72 baht for 2 (under $5 nz) red can massive in size.

washing machine in room comes in handy your clothes are dirty as by the end of the day because of the heat and shopping etc. Other hotels we have stayed didnt have washing machines trust me you need it . If you go to laundry mat there they charge 10-20 baht per peice of clothing .

we stayed at 5 hotels during our stay in Bangkok and pattaya and its hard not to compare each hotel with amari.

Thankyou we will be returning here for sure my husband and I say .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jade f
Dear Jade F,
Thank you for your wonderful and kind words. It is a pleasure for us to know that you felt at home in our hotel. We always do our best to satisfy our customers.
It was a great pleasure for us to welcome you at our hotel. Thank you again for your nice feedback, please visit us again!
Singapore
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom corner suite with my husband and 18 month old son for 3 days 2 nights. The place was clean so I had no problems with letting my son roam about. The suite is fitted with a kitchenette and while we did not use it, i thought it would be quite handy for families with babies who wished to prepare the baby's food. The suite is also very spacious, allowing my son more than enough room to run about. the toilet with a rain shower is also very big, allowing my husband and I to maneuver easily around my son when showering for him. I love that the balcony ran around the length of the living area and the bedroom, and that both the living area and room filled with natural light when the curtains were opened. The bed is big (probably big enough to accommodate one young child sleeping with parents), and is a platform bed, which made it much safer for my active son to clamber up and down on it (although he did fall from it and hit his head on the floor, but it would have been much worse if it was a high bed). Staff are friendly and efficient and the office staff and even the girls at the bar played with my son.

However, there is a bar located on the ground floor of the hotel and while the music did not disturb us much, you can definitely hear the beats of the music from the room (our room was on the fifth level). Food at the restaurant is decent, but the chairs and sofas in the restaurant are so plush that you will be comfortable eating and lounging there for an extended period of time. The hotel also provides a free buggy service to nearby places and we used it for a quick trip to the nearby Big C shopping mall. Young children will love riding on the buggy! There is also 24 hour minimarts a 5 minute walk from the hotel, where we got bottled water for our son - please ensure that young children do not drink the water from the tap, even if boiled because water from Pattaya taps is not potable. Even Thais in Pattaya buy bottled water for drinking! While the hotel provides bottled water, there are only two bottles provided per day.

We requested for a baby cot, but it was not provided in the room when we arrived - we didn't bother asking for one again given that we had brought a travel cot along just in case, but i note that the website does state that baby cots are available upon request. There is more than enough space to set up a cot in the bedroom and you could do so either on the sides or the front of the bed.

The really weak point about this hotel is the wireless internet connectivity. We had requested that they set up a wireless router in the room, on the advice from another guest in the hotel but that did not seem to increase or improve the connectivity. In the end, we realised the best connectivity was found in the toilet, when you were sitting on the toilet bowl! This also means that if you are working on a laptop, the best option you would have is to connect via LAN cable at the work table in the room, which is situated between the bed and the toilet. However, the wifi connectivity at the hotel lobby and the restaurant seems to be very strong. In terms of location, we were transported by car everywhere but the distance to most places did not seem too far. There is a carpark behind the hotel to park your car if you are renting one. Oh and do bring your own travel adaptors..they have one for each room, and we had used ours for the wireless router and we were rejected when we had asked for extra ones. There is also a spa next door if you are an avid spa-goer, but i did not try it out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kingswinford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been to Pattaya countless times before and have always used different hotels. I have found the best one to date. The Amari Nova Suites are fantastic ! The rooms are large and spacious and the service is impeccable. Nice swimming pool on the roof and a gym. The hotel has a good location close to all the major attractions. Great value for money !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Lee_Skidmore,

Thank you a lot for your nice review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your stay with us.

Your great feedback will be shared with the team and become a great motivation for us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was my first trip to Thailand, and this accommodation was by far my favourite compared to where we stayed in Phuket and Bangkok. Absolutely loved this place.

Stayed in the 3 bedroom suite with 5 other friends. The room was very modern, spacious and immaculate. The pool is nothing too extravagant but serves its purpose well.

The service was excellent. One of the bell hops (Honda I think his name was) looked after us well. He took us to the supermarket on his golf buggy when we needed to go, and even picked us up when we were done. Any request we would have he would always try to accomodate.

Location wise, it was about a 10 minute tuk tuk ride to walking street. Might be a bit far for some, but didn't bother us too much as it was always easy to get a ride in.

Only negative was when we ate at the restaurant one night, it took a while to all get our meals, and they didn't come out at the same time. We were the only ones eating there that night, so not sure if they get more people on other nights.

Definitely would stay here again if I was to ever go to Pattaya again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Nick N,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to post your review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your time with us
I will forward your compliments to our bell boy. We are really happy that you appreciate our efforts.
And I will share your comment to our Food and Beverage team regarding our service. Your comment is very important to us to improve ourselves, thank you for the feedback.

I do hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

My kids still asked me to revisit this place due to location near BigC and Golf Cart. Cooking with my kids was fun from all stuff in Supermarket at BigC.

Swimming pool seems ok with jacuzzi on the top of the hotel. Not close to the beach but we take golf cart to main road with a few-minutes walk to Pattaya Beach

• Stayed February 2013
Natsathida T, Hotel Manager at Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Jimmypratya,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and had a great time with us.

We are looking forward to your return visit.