Samui Reef View Resort
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$117
Peace Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$101
$88
$918
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$104
$63
Trip.com
  • Pool
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$157
$144
Agoda.com
Mantra Samui Resort(Bophut)(Great Value!)
$95
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
$720
$609
Agoda.com
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$168
$145
  • Pool
Sareeraya Villas & Suites(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$263
$218
Agoda.com
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$201
$192
Agoda.com
All reviewsair conthai and western foodrent a scooterhot showerairporttaxihillnightlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Angus and Hom went out of there way to make you feel welcome! They would drop us off down the beach/shops and give us a phone to ring them to pick us up! One our first day one of their family members was celebrating their birthday and got a cake, which was shared and offered to us by their youngest daughter (great cake btw). We often spend all day in town but when we did eat in the restaurant the food was always good and fairly priced! And having DVD player in the room was a great way to end the night!.

Would stay again and would recommend to any couples/older travellers who are visiting koh Samui

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I really loved this place.... Clean and spacious rooms and Angus and hom will go above and beyond to help you. It was reassuring having such friendly staff who are more than willing to help and advise with anything-nothing was too much trouble! The resort is slightly out of lamai, however, this never really caused us many problems as either hom or Angus will drive you in or pick you up! I would definitely recommend it here!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank FlashpackerOz2010
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We booked our stay at Samui Reef View on the strengths of the very positive reviews on here. My reason for posting this review is to cast some doubt as to the validity/reality of the reviews below as I suspect that they might not be from genuine guests.

I stayed at SRV for 5 nights in August and, whilst the resort is not 4/5 star and I was not expecting it to be so, it does not live up to the reviews posted below.

Many people mention about the "amazing food" at the resort. I did not find this to be the case. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner and can only describe it as being "normal", definitely nothing to rave about. In fact, when waiting for the thai green curry, I heard the microwave ping!!

Hom and Angus are pleasant, however I wouldn't say that they go out of their way and I suspect that some of the reviews below may be somewhat exaggerated. The atmosphere was a little awkward rather than natural and relaxed.

However, the rooms are spacious and the mini bar replenished on a daily basis. It was also good to have the option of using the DVDs, should you prefer to spend the night in your room. The pool was fine, however did occasionally smell a bit strange (!).

As a location, it is quite far away from a lot of things. However, having not wanted to stay in Chaweng that wasn't a disadvantage. It was good to be able to hire a motorbike and explore different parts of the island. However, if you have not driven a motorbike before, then be careful as there is a lot of traffic towards Lamai.

Anyway, overall I probably would not return to samui reef view, however it was cheap and what with having the pool, provides good value for money.

Room Tip: Go for a pool view room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jlous85
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I booked for two weeks,stayed for a month and then returned a month later for a further month. A fantastic little resort but it is the staff that give it that special edge. Low key easy going and with a smile and humour. A little oasis tucked into the hillside a short hop from the the town and beach of Lamai. I had a bike for my stay but a shuttle run is available to guests at no cost throughout the day with the last 'run in' at 8 30pm.
The food is excellent and the service swift. Everything you need is there for you and if not it will be arranged for you. The most relaxed but fun two months I have ever enjoyed!
I look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank drew m
Reviewed September 2, 2013

In August 2013 we stayed at the Samui Reef View Resort. This was the second time we had stayed there. I have to admit the grounds were a bit untidy but this was due to staff shortages. This should not put off anyone from staying there however as the atmosphere and service provided by Angus, Hom and the rest of the staff was fantastic. There were 2 couples in our party and we couldn't asked for better service, whatever we requested Angus and Hom were able to oblige us. This resort is not your 5-star style, but a down to earth resort where you are treated like family. The food cooked at the restaurant is as good, if not better than what you would find anywhere else on the Island. The resort is half-way up a hill away from the noise of the main road allowing guests to relax and enjoy their stay.

Room Tip: When selecting this resort please remember it is only 2-3 star so don't try to compare it with a 5 star resort. Most rooms have a view of the pool and there are great views of the reef from the restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple