“Pure Bliss on The Dreamcatcher”

Samui Ocean Sports & Yacht Charter
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sailing and yacht charters on Koh Samui in Thailand, island tours to Koh Phangan, Koh Tao, National Marine Park with Samui Ocean Sports & Yacht Charter Co. Ltd.
Manhattan Beach, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Pure Bliss on The Dreamcatcher”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I sailed from Koh Samui to Koh Pha Ngan for our anniversary on The Dreamcatcher, a 33 ft. catamaran. Kunta and Stu took us out on the boat and provided one of the best days of our lives.

There was plenty of fresh Thai fruit, beer, and laughs to go around. The boat was great, the views were amazing, but most of all -- the service and company was the best.

Kunta and Stu took us to a wonderful oceanside restaurant for lunch where we noshed on fresh fish, salad, pad thai, and white wine. We stopped at secluded beaches, enjoyed dives into the ocean, and swam in the crystal clear waters.

It was by far our best day in Samui. We were having so much fun, we wanted to extend our trip!

I only wish we could have stayed longer and done an overnight trip with Kunta and Stu. If I could do it again, I would definitely book a 3+ day tour on Dreamcatcher.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank RunCocoRun

• Polish first
Europe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We fell in love with sailing!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Me and my husband just came back from a 3 day sleep-aboard sailing safari with the Dreamcatcher catamaran. We went from Koh Samui to Koh Tao and Koh Phangan and had the most amazing time! The boat is lovely and very confortable, the service excelent, the nature fantastic! Even the music on board is great :) Kunta, our Skipper, and his assistant Pa, made our trip a memorable experience! We actually fell in love with sailing so hard, that we already made arrangements to go to a sailing school and try getting certified as skippers :) Thank you Kunta!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Treatsandstreets
Karlsruhe, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Always a please to come back!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This is the 3rd time I came back to Samui and the 3rd time I booked a sailing trip with Skipper Kunta and his crew, and every time it was absolutely worth it.

We booked a two-day tour around Koh Phangan, including watching a mind-blowing sunset on the boat, staying overnight in a lovely little hut on Koh Maa an doing some snorkeling.

Looking forward to our next visit!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ericschaetzlein
Bangkok
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best day I had in Samui”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We joined Kunta for a day out with some friends. Had lunch over in Koh Phangan. It made me realise how stunning the waters and islands around Koh Samui are! Dreamcatcher is a lovely comfortable boat and is a great way to get out onto the water. And the service is great in every way.

I'm now planning a return trip to Samui and will definitely make sure I do a sailing trip with Samui Ocean Sports again -- hopefully for a few days visiting the National Park islands, or Koh Tao.

If you want to see just how much more Samui has to offer than Chaweng Beach, I strongly recommend you have a day or three out with Kunta and his crew!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank FrostieBKK
Ko Samui, Thailand
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A fantastic way to experience the islands and cruising grounds around Koh Samui”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've sailed twice on Dreamcatcher -- one time a day trip for lunch on Koh Phangan, and again for a weekend trip to Thong Nai Pan Yai. Both trips were idyllic.

The boat is a beauty. Well-designed for comfortable cruising, plenty of space, good facilities, and fast when there is any breeze around. Kunta and his crew are reliable, friendly, responsive, and play great music! Nobody knows the waters around Koh Samui like they do, so you are in very safe hands.

If you are lucky enough to have sunny days with a good breeze (seems like the most common weather in Samui), you will enjoy the cruising grounds around Samui at their glorious best. White sandy beaches, palm trees bending gently in the wind, crystal clear turquoise water......everyone's dream visions of tropical islands come true here.

And if you want a smaller boat, or a bit more action, Kunta's other boats look really good, too. All of them are better maintained than many charter boats I have sailed on in different parts of the world.

Highly recommended for an extended trip or just a day out on the water, whether you are honey-mooners, a family with kids, or a group of friends.

Visited April 2012