“Not lot of Variety!”

Samui Butterfly Garden
Reviewed June 18, 2013

There was not a lot of variety. We are expecting much more since Its a tropical island. They had the regular butterflies and not much else. They also had one big black Scorpion, but frankly have seen more scorpion variety in Chinese eateries in China.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a nice place to visit! I was nearly put off by bad reviews, but we enjoyed it.
Ok it maybe a little expensive, but still a nice experience in my opinion.
The attraction is only a small garden, but there were soooo many butterflies it was magical!
The highlight really is speaking to the man/operator about the butterflies and he showed us all sorts and explained life cycle etc so as well as pretty it was educational.
Beware though if you go on a hot steamy day you won't be able to stay to long we were cooking!

1  Thank Kiwiinauz
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to 3 butterfly gardens -boston, phuket samui - and this was nice too. They do not have a huge variety but it is a peaceful way to spend an afternoon. If you are only on Samui for a few days, there are better things to do but if you are there for 2 weeks I recommend to relax there....

1  Thank qutelinda
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I think I've seen more varieties of butterflies in the wild on the island than I did fluttering around in the garden enclosure. It is quite a ways out and not really worth seeing even if itis only 200 baht. Also there was supposedly a bee house but that just wasn't there. Signs were broken and there was very little to see.

4  Thank Jacob S
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there today just to pass the time. Lucky, because if we had made a special trip here I would have been so angry.

Firstly, it's expensive. 200THB, which I guess is only $7AUD but when you consider what that can buy in thailand, it's a lot.

Secondly, it sucks as an attraction. It's manned by one guy who hardly speaks English. The garden is not well maintained and there aren't that many butterflies of different kinds. We asked if there were many other insects to see before entering and were told yes; these actually only included a small tank (fish tank size) of a few scorpions, one leaf insect, a tank of giant cockroaches, one tarantula and a "bee hive" with no bees... Very disappointing.

It has the potential to be very nice but currently is hardly worth the trip out there. Spend your time elsewhere instead.

3  Thank DoctorMoo