“better than it looks”

Copacabana Restaurant
Ranked #693 of 1,420 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Looks like a brash chain restaurant but the food was much better than we expected and there was fire dancing on the beach next door so we got entertainment as well as food. The yellow curry was good and the stir fry my husband had was very tasty. Wish there had not been a big screen with football as it was distracting from the view.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Of all the chaweng restaurants this was by far the worst and really put me off food for the rest of my holiday. After being given plain rice with my curry I found a whole army of dead ants in my rice. It was no enjoyable having to pick them out of my food. Total waste of money!

1  Thank lorahh-x
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

The title says it all.... the staff was very nice, location is good and you can sit outside or cool down inside with good a/c (which is great).
Food was disappointing though: Salad was not fresh, the main dish (cashew nuts with beef) was just ok. Would not go there again, as there must be better options here.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We end up in this Restaurant after we could not get into The Shack Steakhouse! The very hospitable staff put together a table for 11 on the Beach (Setting being the best part of this Experiance). I will get straight to the point in saying that the food was poor when it arrived, particularly the Rib Eye Steak. The meat that was presented was nothing like any Rib Eye I had seen before! Unfortunately the prep before cooking had not been done, none of the sinew had been removed. Therefore when cooked it rolled up like a Brandy Snap! Observing the operation of the Restaurant, it's clear it's a strategy of "Pack them in and hope for the Best?". It's such a shame when the food in Thailand is of such a high Quailty! So my advice is that you just keep walking if you see the Restraunt........

1  Thank Jam1er
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was horrified to see this restaurant serving sharks. Sharks are now extremely rare around Phuket and we need to do everything we can to protect them. Serving them to tourists for money is a low-life scummy thing to do and I hope more people will realise this and boycott this restaurant!

1  Thank Hannah P