“Disgusting and disturbing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Disgusting and disturbing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

This aquarium absolutely disgusted me.

Firstly you pay 750tb per person, so it is very expensive. Then you walk into the aquarium which is very dark, wet and smelly. The aquariums are small and dirty and over filled with large fish. Yiu would seriously have more fun walking through a pet shop at home, than seeing these poor fish crammed into these disgusting tanks.

About one third of the way through I had had enough and wanted to leave. I just can not get over how disgusting this place was, and how expensive it was!! Your heart actually breaks for these animals having to live in such horrible surrounds.

The tigers were also held in tiny cages, and were obviously aggitated, I would be too if i was stuck in a place like this.

Definitely give this place a miss, was absolutely disgusting.

20 Thank chelsette

• Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“One of the saddest places I've ever visited.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

I think that the title gives it all away.

There were very large large fish in VERY small aquariums. Both my husband and I moved very quickly through this place.

11 Thank MrsCommons
Los Angeles, California
305 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Not recommended”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Place is old and crummy, as ghetto as ghetto can be. Aquariums look like they were built over 30 years ago and no one's serviced them for years. Also dark and freaky.

11 Thank daikin
Colchester
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Disgusting, made me feel sick - Please do not go!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

Unfortunately myself and my husband did not think to read reviews on tripadvisor otherwise we would not have gone.

We got up early thinking we would have a full enjoyable day out. Arrived just after 9am having paid aprox. 750 THB pp so very expensive. We were done within half hour. There is nothing to see, a small aquarium, a few tigers and some birds. We asked for our money back and you can imagine the response we got!

As soon as we went in, we realised we had made a huge mistake. The tanks for the fish were far too small, a shark in one small tank had not moved position from 9am when we first saw it to 1pm when we took a second visit. I asked a lady if it was dead, "no asleep she said". I can actually understand this could be true because the aquarium is pitch dark with only bulbs hanging over the small tanks for light.

Another shark circled its tank and could not even straighten out so its body tail as curved.

The tiger show was very cruel and handlers agressive.

All animals are starved so they perform better when tempted with treats. The otters constantly cried and had baths to sit in not swim.

This is not a Zoo. It is a hotel with a few animals calling themselves a zoo. It is not educational in the slightest more a circus act.

Guests are able to use the hotel facilities whilst waiting for the shows, walking round the hotel it is in bad need of repair and had absolutely no guests and I am not surprised.

Please do not go to this Zoo and support cruelty to these poor animals. We felt very guilty after going and it is something I hope never to have to witness again in my lifetime.

If you are an animal lover I would highly recommend the dog & cat rescue centre. It is a very worthwhile cause and despite some very sorry sights they really need our help.

18 Thank SadieColchester
Crawley, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“First time I have felt pitty for fish”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

This place could be nice if; they had decent size fish tanks, the tigers could actually turn around in their cages, the monkeys were not kept in tiny cages etc etc

Avoid