Review Highlights
The setting is nice but the whole experience is not good.

Pricey tickets, animals being held in very small cages so seems very cruel….the smell in the... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2022
WolffTravel
Miami Beach, Florida
via mobile
Tiger show

The zoo is old-fashioned with cages but the animals looked well cared for though they would have... read more

Reviewed August 25, 2019

from $22.39
from $78.28
from $32.84
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2018

The lion, tigers, otters, monkeys are in general good shape. They appear to be building additional larger enclosures to house the wildlife they have there. My children liked the place. There are better zoos in other countries but in general; if you are in Samui with the family it will be a side trip for the kids. We went outside of the show time. On my own, I would give this place a miss.

1  Thank Edmund L
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Was really unsettling to see the animals. I understand that I paid to see them and knowing that they are in cages wasn’t much of a bother to me. However these animals looked terribly upset and depressed. I paid to have a Photo with a baby tiger and the tiger was poorly man handled, the worker pushed the tiger on me and distracted the tiger with a milk bottle. I don’t read reviews as I am one of those people to experience things first hand but I must say it was very sad and the conditions of the zoo was not great. Very horrible smell in the aquarium and Iv been to many aquariums and haven’t ever smelt what ever was in there! Wouldn’t recommend it at all. Very upsetting I just wanted to take all the animals home with me!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank jessicapN2749RH
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

These poor animals do not have a chance, small enclosures for the leopards and lions alike, very minimal toys or things for them to play with. Fish habitats were all extremely small and very basic, water was very cloudy and dirty, even seen someone use a net to fish out a dead pufferfish all the fish looked extremely stressed (Dull colours and very aggravated) One of the Otters was screaming and crying and to shut him up one of the keepers sprayed him with the hose which he did not enjoy. Please don't visit this place by doing so you are supporting them.
Left feeling very sad :(

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely appalled by this place. Costs 750 Baht to watch the bird/tiger show then to look through the aquarium. The bird and tiger show was short and very average, it was extremely clear to see that the tigers were mistreated. Then onto the aquarium, the tanks are TINY! They have them packed full of fish in such small tanks, it’s cruel. We even saw someone fishing a dead pufferfish out of a tank with a net about half its size, so just bashed it around the tank for 20 seconds before finally removing it. Tiger/monkey/bird enclosures are also tiny. Not to mention the two poor Otters screaming and scratching at the glass of their enclosure. My partner and I are extremely upset after our visit to this place, avoid it at all costs.

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

I went to the tiger show with my children and the younger one,4 years old boy was waiting for this show because every year since he was 2 . We came and he was taken on the scene when the bird was taking the hat from his head. This year was not the exception and when the show girl asked who wants to be on the scene with the birds, my son went and asked to take him -we were sitting on the 1-st row, but she just ignored him though there were no hands up. She went to another children and began to convince them to take part in the show. What a pity that my boy was ignored -I could understand if there were another children with their hands up. Of course it was our last time at this place. The staff is awkward.

Date of experience: February 2018