“Good value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was not expecting much so I was not disappointed. I would not recommend this to be the first place to visit on Samui, but if:
- you've got kids
- you already visited Paradise Farm and kids want to see more animals
- you are not expecting an aquarium to match the Oceanworld Siam in Bangkok
- you've got time to spare
.. go for it. You'll get to see an aquarium with quite a few cool-looking fishes and turtles, then a zoo with some birds and monkeys, pretty mean-looking tigers and a few other cats, and a lion. Now, if that was all, it would be pretty unsatsifying. But for the same price you get to see two shows - with seal lions, and with tigers & birds. And they are fun. Overall, you get several hours of entertainment out of it, which is well worth the price in my opinion.

NB: we did not pay for photos with animals and didn't take them.
PS: For aded value don't forget to check out the cages and beach beyond the show grounds, on the Samui Orchid hotel - nice, shallow, clean fun for kids (or if you are into kiting).

Visited February 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun filled day for all :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I don't know what everyone is talking about with the bad reviews... I personally think its a great fun family friendly day..! I went with my boyfriend & we had an awesome time holding the baby tiger and getting photos with tiger, seal, otter, & exotic birds!! The aquarium isn't that bad, I mean its no Sydney aquarium, but your in Thailand..!! The fish are injured (I think they keep sick & injured fish like a conservation place)... We paid 1900 baht for pickup & drop off, all the shows, VIP treatment, photos with all the animals; professional photos of the tigers & the rest were taken by staff on our personal camera... The staff are really friendly & the animals they have are just amazing!! Heaps to offer for couples, singles, and family's!! I'd recommend paying for the works- because if you want pictures with the tigers it's like 600-800 baht professional and 300baht for personal cam, and 100baht for every other animal... Admission is 750 on its own and transfers from the street ??? Do the math it's worth the 1900..!

Tip: make sure you have HEAPS of camera charge & memory space!! You'll need it

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Lauren B
Burgas, Bulgaria
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you spend a week on Samui you will find time for Aquarium and Tiger zoo. You can make picture with young tiger. It's a funny experience!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank K_Kostov
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Poor fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Awfully sad to see such an appalling sight. Fish in dirty tanks and tigers not well cared for. So, so expensive!

Visited December 2012
5 Thank Ness G
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Only go to the shows or don't bother”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

I read all the bad reviews but decided to give it a chance.
First of all - worth mentioning that we were picked up for free from our hotel by the zoo - we just called and said we want to go.
The aquarium is not bad but the zoo is not a zoo but rather two cages with tigers/puma.
The 2:30pm show though was great fun and our little boy LOVED it