“A little bit crowded....”
Review of Na Muang Waterfall

Na Muang Waterfall
Book In Advance
More Info
$55.85*
and up
Eco-Jungle Safari Tour around Koh Samui Including...
Ranked #82 of 163 things to do in Ko Samui
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The waterfall is a bit crowded. Me and my family was brought to this place by the Namuang Safari Park guide and this is included in the package itinerary. I already prepared to throw myself into the water but the guide is unwilling to bring me up to the actual spot. He just stopped at a small pond with some water falling and said, 'you can swim here'. He said the actual spot is 20 mins hike up the hill and it's very dangerous (with lots of accident happened). But still I see a lot of people in swimwear just continue hike up and the crowd just coming non-stop. I end up decided to turn back and just proceed back to my hotel for my swim. But on my way down, I met some fellow tourists and after checking out with them, it seems that it's just another 5 mins hike up. Well, I would say the tour guide was a lazy guide afterall and yet, he keep asking for tips. I would recommend you to go to other waterfalls instead of this one. I see a lot of waterfall signs within the island. The platform being built as a walkway up to the waterfall was quite a spontaneous work. So, be extra careful.

1  Thank choihb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,086)
All reviews
in 6 reviews
"koh"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The waterfall is accessible by riding your car or scooter to within 50 feet of the entrance and walking the rest of the way. There is no admission fee to see the waterfall, but a woman collects 20 baht for parking, regardless of your vehicle. There are a few stalls and really shady vendors along the way, I didn't feel welcomed by them and instead felt a bit unsafe, very unlike Thai people. There is a restroom on premises, but there is a 10 baht charge, and it's not clean.

The waterfall itself is small, but it does have some great spots to take a creative photo. Although no one was swimming when I visited, I have heard of people swimming there. The water seems muddy and is probably not very clean since there is rubbish along the edges.

1  Thank ilak55
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Did an elephant trek at the bottom of the falls then walked up to the falls,wasn't impressed with either,elephants are just doing a 10 minute lap round and round,waterfall was nice it was the pool at the bottom that was the problem,half of samui must have had a picnic up there and left all the litter,I'm quite easily pleased but keeping a natural place clean and litter free is surely 1st priority

Reviewed May 12, 2013

During my stay in beautiful island of Koh Samui I have tried to see as many attraction as possible and made as many trips as possible.
Na Muang Waterfall was among them. First we took a ride on elephants, it was outstanding! It took around one our through the "jungle". The price was around 600 baht, that was not too much.
When we finished we go further to the waterfall which was no too far. Be aware that those rock could be quite slippy. So, we have spent some time there, swimming, taking pictures, bit exploring surrounding. Lovely spent half day. Recommend.

2  Thank Peter_G83
See more reviews
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Lovely waterfall.
The first part of the walk is dusty, hot and on the road. But there is an option of getting a songteaw up for 100B each. These are just past the Elephant rides, as you start to walk up the hill. Beware, they do go fast, but they do have seatbelts (a novelty for Thailand), and there's the option to sit on the roof!

There's a bit of an easy walk to the first waterfall once they drop you off. Then you'll need to clamber over rocks to get in the water.
It can get busy, with tour groups, we just chilled and waited until a group left, then had the waterfall pool practically to ourselves.

Do try and climb to the next part of the waterfall, which is very picturesque, if small-ish. It's still beautiful. Think small scale Jurassic Park, waterfall, lush vegetation, insect sounds, and butterflies flying across. Just lovely.

1  Thank Amy D