“DO THIS”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“DO THIS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Here, let me plan out an awesome day in Koh Samui for you: rent a moto (no more than 200 baht for one day), drive said moto up Soi Maenam 1 which is actually a beautiful ride and an adventure in itself, arrive at Treetop tour. Upon arrival, let the staff make fun of your accent, hold tightly onto your cellphone because the jerk monkey they adopted will try to steal it. Lock into the harnesses, put your leather gloves on, test out a small zip line and realize you're not as coordinated as you thought. Ride a slightly tilting drive uphill to the first line, then enjoy 8 zip line rides with the awesome staff (who will likely still be making fun of your accent), try to speak janky Thai with them. Receive water and snacks at the end, hop on your moto and adventure down the other side of the Soi and love your life because it was so much fun and it may be a tad spendy but it's totally worth it and you'd be stupid not to make friends with these people. Take a shower, go get a drink at Green Mango, look longingly at pictures and videos of you flying through the tree tops of Koh Samui's jungle. You're welcome.

Visited May 2014
24 Thank RichardDng

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Way to expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Ok so this cost the equivilant of 32 pounds each (1600bt per person) although it did include transfers, i believe turn up price is 1500bt though, the expierience lasted approx 20 mins, there is 1 ok-ish slide that lasts probably 5 seconds, the structures, although they dont look it, are safe as are the cables, the staff didnt talk to us much apart from instructions, we had 1 person going round with us, now this means that we were left alone on the platforms, i went first, what we hadnt realised and werent told is that the rope lifts significantly once you are on the line, this meant that my wife almost followed me down immediately!!, you are only disconnected for a few seconds at a time when being moved from one slide to the next (this is while you are up on the tree tops!), i only counted 7 slides in total (most were very short) overall severely over priced when you compare to the likes of goape back in the uk at 20quid that is much better quality, better slides, safer and lasts approx an hour!, my advice if you have done goape in the uk there ia no comparison and dont bother, if you havent and this would be your first zipline expierience then wait till you get back to the uk then go ape, the best part of the whole thing is the drive up to the start and the pet monkey!

4 Thank Matthew G
Bristol, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun and different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a fairly short outing. It took 20 mijs for the two of us to do the whole thing. But one cable goes to the most amazing tree top view over the jungle which is spectacular. Slightly overpriced for what it is but what can you get at home for £30? Go for it. The boys who take you round are absolutely lovely and it is very safe. Its worth the few hours the whole thing takes inc travelling.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank paulheeley
Regina, Canada
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fun day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

I really enjoyed my day doing this. Its a short journey from anywhere on the island and the people are very helpful taking the cable rides. its a fairly long ride with 10ish lines overlooking the beautiful landscape of koh samui.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank BHakes
Gold Coast Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We did this ride today and I was so impressed, utterly petrified at times but we had a great day out. We were picked up on time, taken up the mountain, shown what to do and given a couple of easy test runs.... then taken to the start.... I was scared spitless but each ride through the 10 zips was amazing and worth making the effort. The two young people let me take my time (the others with me made it look easy) I am no lightweight and very unfit but we persevered and got through all 10 zips .While being very hesitant to "drop off" each time that was my fear and not a safety worry. The young lad took my camera and took some great shots and videos and we ended with nice cold water and fruit. I still can't believe I actually did it and would recommend this to anyone that wants a bit of adventure

Visited April 2014