“Good milkshakes and cold coffee!”

The Big Buddha Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 33 Coffee & Tea in Ko Samui
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Big Buddha Coffee Shop is located within The Big Buddha Temple through the Temple entrance.The Big Buddha Coffee Shop opened its doors 1n 2004 with only 2 owners. It has seen many Tourist come and go and return to sample our delights which are still on the Menu such as The Famous Thick Banana Milkshakes and much more such as Coffee Shakes, Iced Coffees, Fresh Fruit Shakes and Fruit Shakes with a difference,thick Milkshakes, Menu.And new to our Menu - Fresh Vegetable Juices. We have a view to die for and a loo with a view that is worthy of the visit, so come join us and chill at The Big Buddha Coffee Shop within a Spiritual place We also offer the only Welcome Meeting for new travellers to Samui - Coffee .n. Tours - Get yourself Invited ! We are now Barista Australian trained -
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Big Buddha Coffee shop is situated at the entrance of the Big Buddha Complex and is a good place to cool down after visiting the place and clicking photographs. The owner is originally from the UK and is now settled in Koh Samui along with her Thai partner. Both of them are quite friendly and can also help you in organizing tours around the island.
Since the coffee shop was quite close to our villa, we visited it twice during our recent stay at the island. We tried the coffee shake, the coconut milk shake and the banana caramel milk shake- all of which were nice but the banana one was the best. The shakes were moderately priced around 100 Baht.
There are a couple of tables out in the open and its good to just sit there enjoying your milk shake and observing the tourists coming in to visit The Big Buddha- a popular tourist attraction on the island.

Mitch1968_12, Owner at The Big Buddha Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Hello again, I you and your wife are well? Thank you for the review, I'm glad your enjoyed my milkshakes and my coffee shop. Take care and maybe we will see you both again soon :)
Michelle

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place ist great. And the right place to go after visiting Big Buddha and the area. You can just kick off your flip-flops and enjoy the coffee and everything that goes with it. Great people run the shop, so enjoy!!!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

The owener Michelle is a relative of mine, I have visited the coffee shop on a few occassions last year where every visit was a lovely experience from the food, to the view, to the service. One thing to be recommended on the menu is the banana milkshakes, Michelle is overly generous with the amount of ice cream and real bananas she puts in, very hard to find a dcebnt milkshake and the big buddha coffee shop has it along with her delicious home mader banana cake.
You are immediatly made to feel at home, hearing about her stories and her useful tips on the islands as she has been going for many years, whilst relaxing on the comfy leather sofa overlooking the sunset.

1  Thank Charmaine03
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After docking at the pier our first stop was the big buddha and noticed the big buddha coffee shop when arriving michelle the owner was quick to jump out of her seat to welcome us. Being from Leeds it was nice to hear a familiar accent. myself and friend was only in koh samui for one night to finish our holiday travelling across thailand before heading back to bangkok to fly to the UK. We needed to get to surat thani the following day and she helped us every step of the way from being picked up at our hotel at 7 am to arriving at surat thani airport on the main land. Our flight wasnt until mid afternoon but she advised us that getting the first of the 2 boats over would be best as in Thailand nothing runs like clockwork its all thai time and she was right if id have chosen the second transfer i would have definitely missed our flight. we wanted to visit the tiger zoo and although there isn't an organised trip she was very helpful in telling us the cheapest and best way to get there. We tried the banana milkshake and it is absolutely spot on. wish we was staying in samui longer but next time im in thailand i will make sure i visit the big buddha coffee shop thanks to the amazing welcome i was given.

1  Thank kylemirfield21
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I discovered this wonderful little gem on a recent visit to Koh Samui at the end of 2012. I got a very warm and friendly welcome.

This place has the most relaxed, chilled out vibe, which is made even better by the amazing view of the sea you have in the café, you don't even have to lose the view when you go to the toilet, best view in the total possibly anywhere!

I chose a big breakfast which well and truly revived me from a night of too many local samsongs, it is a BIG breakfast, really great value for money. I enjoyed my visit so much a returned a couple of times during my ten day stay on samui, giving me a chance to sample some other of their delights. I have to mention the banana milkshake, best I have ever had and seriously refreshing on a hot samui day! The other speciality is the homemade banana cake, just divine!

The owner and staff are really friendly and so helpful, very willing to offer advice of how to make the most of your time on the Island, recommending places to visit. If you head to Koh Samui, go and check out this wonderful coffee shop you will be glad you did!