“A home from home experience”

The Big Buddha Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Ko Samui
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Big Buddha Coffee Shop is located within The Big Buddha Temple through the Temple entrance.The Big Buddha Coffee Shop opened its doors 1n 2004 with only 2 owners. It has seen many Tourist come and go and return to sample our delights which are still on the Menu such as The Famous Thick Banana Milkshakes and much more such as Coffee Shakes, Iced Coffees, Fresh Fruit Shakes and Fruit Shakes with a difference,thick Milkshakes, Menu.And new to our Menu - Fresh Vegatable Juices. We have a view to die for and a loo with a view that is worthy of the visit, so come join us and chill at The Big Buddha Coffee Shop within a Spiritual place We also offer the only Welocme Meeting for new travellers to Samui - Coffee .n. Tours - Get yourself Invited !
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A home from home experience”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The owener Michelle is a relative of mine, I have visited the coffee shop on a few occassions last year where every visit was a lovely experience from the food, to the view, to the service. One thing to be recommended on the menu is the banana milkshakes, Michelle is overly generous with the amount of ice cream and real bananas she puts in, very hard to find a dcebnt milkshake and the big buddha coffee shop has it along with her delicious home mader banana cake.
You are immediatly made to feel at home, hearing about her stories and her useful tips on the islands as she has been going for many years, whilst relaxing on the comfy leather sofa overlooking the sunset.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Charmaine03

• Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“very friendly and helpful”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After docking at the pier our first stop was the big buddha and noticed the big buddha coffee shop when arriving michelle the owner was quick to jump out of her seat to welcome us. Being from Leeds it was nice to hear a familiar accent. myself and friend was only in koh samui for one night to finish our holiday travelling across thailand before heading back to bangkok to fly to the UK. We needed to get to surat thani the following day and she helped us every step of the way from being picked up at our hotel at 7 am to arriving at surat thani airport on the main land. Our flight wasnt until mid afternoon but she advised us that getting the first of the 2 boats over would be best as in Thailand nothing runs like clockwork its all thai time and she was right if id have chosen the second transfer i would have definitely missed our flight. we wanted to visit the tiger zoo and although there isn't an organised trip she was very helpful in telling us the cheapest and best way to get there. We tried the banana milkshake and it is absolutely spot on. wish we was staying in samui longer but next time im in thailand i will make sure i visit the big buddha coffee shop thanks to the amazing welcome i was given.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank kylemirfield21
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Possibly The Best Coffee Shop on the Island”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I discovered this wonderful little gem on a recent visit to Koh Samui at the end of 2012. I got a very warm and friendly welcome.

This place has the most relaxed, chilled out vibe, which is made even better by the amazing view of the sea you have in the café, you don't even have to lose the view when you go to the toilet, best view in the total possibly anywhere!

I chose a big breakfast which well and truly revived me from a night of too many local samsongs, it is a BIG breakfast, really great value for money. I enjoyed my visit so much a returned a couple of times during my ten day stay on samui, giving me a chance to sample some other of their delights. I have to mention the banana milkshake, best I have ever had and seriously refreshing on a hot samui day! The other speciality is the homemade banana cake, just divine!

The owner and staff are really friendly and so helpful, very willing to offer advice of how to make the most of your time on the Island, recommending places to visit. If you head to Koh Samui, go and check out this wonderful coffee shop you will be glad you did!

• Visited December 2012
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

we went to the big budha coffee shop quite a few times during our stay in Samui, the coffee was lovely and the food was lovely, a very warm welcoming atmosphere, and very reasonable in price, we would go back again xx

• Visited December 2012
thailand
“the best coconut milkshake on the island”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

my husband & I have been coming to the big Buddha coffee shop for many years.
in that time the owner of the shop have change & made changes to the lay out of the shop but the food & drinks stayed the the same & are very good.
I like the coconut milk shake & coffee shake & when I go for lunch the beef baguette is the best.
in the back of the shop the is a couch facing the view over the sea to fisherman's village & meanam.
great place to stop after shopping at the big buddha

• Visited January 2013