WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sweet Sisters Cafe

Sweet Sisters Cafe
Ranked #56 of 1,200 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sweet Sisters is a whole-food cafe serving delicious, healthy and original food from local produce. The menu has a distinct Southern Thai accent, but speaks in many languages: Thai fusion, seafood, and vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free if you like. The kitchen never uses msg, white or polished rice, sugar, farmed fish, shrimp, nor will chef Noiy buy factory chickens - only produce she can find from sustainable organic sources. Many of the vegetables and herbs are from Noiy's own plantation.
Melbourne
“Absolutely Faultless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

First things first - I didn't actually eat in Sweet Sisters cafe. Instead, after reading some of their reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to contact them to ask about catering for my best friends 'girls day' before her wedding.

I conversed with Noiy and Shelley via email for around 10 days before the event with no shortage of requests - I asked them to cater for around 20 ladies, to stick within a 500 baht per head budget and also asked them to cater for gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian - certainly no mean feat in anyones eyes!

In short the girls (and the food!!) were AMAZING! They delivered to the villa, catered for everyones requirements (and tastes) and also went under budget. On the day, there was no shortage of food, and certainly no shortage or praise for the food amongst the girls. From a selection of rice paper rolls, to raw kebabs and gorgeous adzuki bean dip (to name but a few items) - everything was fresh, delicious and healthy!

The girls are truly amazing, I can't sing their praises highly enough and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I only wish we could clone them so they could set up shop in Melbourne!

Thanks again Sweet Sisters for an amazing day and an amazing feed- I'll miss you when I go home!!

1 Thank Ebonyh

• Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
“Worth the drive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place is really out of the way if you're on motorbike and staying in the northeast area like Bophut/Chaweng. From our apartment the drive was approx 45 minutes. It's still worth it, just make it into a day trip with some other activity planned!

Super tasty food and juices, nice grocery products on sale, very friendly staff and a relaxed vibe. I so wish it would've been easier to get there!

Perth, Australia
“"Banana Wow!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

A friend brought us here for a drink break on a scooter ride around the island, and this was a beautiful place to stop. Very attractive cafe with gorgeous original artworks and a tantalising menu, although we only had drinks this time around.

There's a wide variety of smoothies and juices on offer, including the intriguing and subsequently yummy "Banana Wow!", Virgin Coladas, and spicy coffee (any of which can be spiked with Samui rum on request). We all enjoyed our choices very much.

There are also a number of coffees, teas, and other nicenesses available for sale.

Another shame-we-discovered-on-our-last-day places - we'll be back some other time! Note: their Facebook pages says they are closed on Wednesdays.

www.facebook.com/sweetsisters.cafe.samui

Maui, Hawaii
“A jewel on the southern side of Samui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a modern cafe (Coffee + Food) and there is really nothing else like this in the area on the south side of Koh Samui, however even if it had heaps of competition around this place would still shine.

I've eaten several dishes and each has been been delicious. If you are just looking for coffee and WiFi, those are both excellent too.

The food menu covers all standard Thai restaurant dishes but prepared with just enough flair to be unique and interesting. I particularly enjoyed the Tom Kha soup but it's all good. They even have a few good non-thai dishes like an Avocado Salad that is good too.

The have hot and cold coffee and tea drinks, but my favorite is the Spicy Black Coffee which has a little cardamon and chili in it (I think that's what it is -- doesn't matter it's tasty).

Hong Kong, China
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I ate here 2 days running on our recent 10 day trip to Koh Samui. They were the last two days of our stay and we'd have eaten here more often if we'd discovered it sooner!

The first stop was for lunch. My wife had the crispy rice salad and I had the fishcakes. The fishcakes really are out of this world - the best I've eaten and usually such a poorly done dish.

The second stop was for dinner. This time I had the crispy rice salad which was absolutely amazing.

There are fresh juices on offer, and cakes (the brownies are absolutely awesome) and the service is homely and welcoming. We saw numerous local ex-pats eating here (including the owners of the Green Ta'lay restaurant) which give it a seal of approval beyond my own credibility.

Only downside is the location - looking out over a road junction - but this is simply being niggardly as the food is vying for some of the best on the whole island.
Excellent.