“A Good Find”

Addy Siam Cooking Class and Restaurant
Ranked #429 of 1,246 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a Thai restaurant that we discovered on our stay in Bophut. It is situated right across from Anantara Bohput. It offers surprisingly awesome Thai food.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Good Find”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

After being really disappointed with the poor quality and inflated cost of food in Bophut and the Fisherman's Village I was pleased to find this place.

I decided to go because us walked past the previous evening and it was busy and it listed Thai food at reasonable prices on its menu outside, cheaper than other places in the area.

It was a good decision, tasty Thai food at fair prices, cooked fresh in a kitchen you can see.

I'd go again. Only negatives was the chain smoking Aussies at the bar and the fact a couple of dogs were roaming around the tables. I don't want that whilst eating.

Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Authentic Thai Food”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Was so impressed, my wife came back another day for the cooking class... As per the previous review.. you could easily walk past it, without even noticing it.. But looks can be deceiving.. Great staff, Great food.

• Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“The best Thai food I had in Koh Samui”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place could easily be missed in between the food marts and massage centres, but look out for the sign with the red duck on it - you won't regret it.
I wanted to do Thai cooking classes and I thought I better try the cuisine before signing up for classes... I was not disappointed! The green curry is smooth, creamy and silky without being heavy. The vibe of the place is so relaxed, its a family run business and chef Addy is friendly and puts love into his food!
The cooking classes were great - you get to choose 3 dishes to make (I went with some old faithfuls I know I would use again - papaya salad, tom yum with prawns and green chicken curry) and I was fortunate enough to have one-on-one classes with my chef.
There are many cooking schools in Thailand, but I loved the fact that I was learning in a restaurant from a local in a place not needing a fancy pants name like 'Institute' with it, plus very well priced (1200 baht)... it doesn't get any better than that. Thank you Addy :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LauraTheNaturopath
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“One of those less obvious little gem restaurants that we all hope to stumble across”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Wandering along the 4169 which is just a short way from our hotel, just allowing curiosity to take a hold of us....
The place is nothing to look at but advertised cooking lessons (we're booked, so will let you know how that goes) alongside the restaurant.
Quite a few people dining and the kitchen is open, and right at the front of the restaurant.
Small place with ~10 tables. I laughed at the make shift repairs to the grass thatched roof - which included an umbrella literally stuck in to the roof! Fans kept diners cool. Dogs sleeping peacefully at the back of the restaurant.
Staff were ubiquitously polite and attentive. We ordered Pad Thai and chicken Masaman, with steamed rice. Each meal was ~130B, large Singha beer was 110B. Food was excellent, hence we booked on to the cooking lessons.
Would highly recommend as great food & drinks at cheap prices - what more do you want? :)

Visited October 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great cooking class.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We decided to attend Addy's cooking class purely by chance, we drove past it on the way to Bophut Fisherman's Village; a splendid thing that we did, the staff are all very nice, and, more importantly, they can cook some very nice food. We were offered choice of three dishes from a wide range of things to cook, we opted for Phad Thai Noodles, Panang Curry and Papaya Salad. After demonstrating each dish and getting you to cook it, you then eat it straight away, so go hungry! Everything was delicious and well explained. Typed recipes are provided, along with pens with which to add your own notes. And, as a very nice touch, they take photos of you cooking, then email you the photos straight away.

All in all very satisfied, I would not hesitate to recommend.

Visited August 2013