“The best thai food I've eaten and I have tried a lot of them :)”

Addy Siam Cooking Class and Restaurant
Ranked #410 of 1,238 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a Thai restaurant that we discovered on our stay in Bophut. It is situated right across from Anantara Bohput. It offers surprisingly awesome Thai food.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The best thai food I've eaten and I have tried a lot of them :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We came across this restaurant while passing by and from the looks of it wont be the first place you would like to go into. We had a similar feeling but anyway returned the following evening for the dinner and we were surprised by the amazing food. We order papaya salad, curry with prawns and thai omelette and tom yam friend rice. The food was outstanding and nothing like we ate in the best restaurants within the same area. The next evening we returned for another meal and tried different items and everything was cooked to perfection.

Addy is by far the best chef. I guess better than the five star restaurant chef in the hotel we were staying in. I decided to take the cooking class from him as he is doing the classes as well for a very reasonable price. You can pick 3 dishes that would like to learn in 1200 Bhats. He gives techniques and inputs on different ingredients and how to substitute them.

After staying in Bophut for 10 days, I can confidently say that this was the best food I tried in the area much much better than the places rated extremely high even on trip advisor.

I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area. If you are not brave enough to try the authentic spice levels they will be happy to adjust them according to your requirements....

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Qindeel

england
“Quaint Thai restuarant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This little family run restuarant was opposite the peace resort we were staying at .tried it one night and like it so much we ate in there at least five times.the food is cooked fresh in his little kitchen at the front of the restuarant ,we loved the prawn tempura with the fried chicken wings plus you can use the free wifi there the staff were very willing and friendly,plus we loved dogs so didn't mind them being around us whilst eating they are very well behaved .if we come back to koh samui we will definetley come back here again

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

What a brilliant gem! You enter this small, family run restaurant stepping over the two sleeping dogs and nodding to the cat on the bar (pass the peanuts). You then sit back and watch the chef producing miracles in his tiny, cramped kitchen.

In often overpriced Koh Samui you wonder how each of the fresh, seriously tasty dishes from the large menu costs so little. I loved the Beef Massaman in its unctious peanut sauce and on our second visit enjoyed entrees of fried chicken legs and prawns in tempura batter, followed by stir fried chicken and cashews, while my wife was thrilled by her stir fried chicken with basil, chillis and steamed rice.

The whole, scrumptious meal was surprising cheap. Wonderful food. Great atmosphere and a cat who's a lounge lizard. What's there not to like?

Visited May 2013
“Great prawn pad Thai!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I didn't do the cooking class but I wish I had after eating the pad Thai! I had prawn in mine and they were very good. You can see the chef himself cooking which is cool and he came out afterwards to see if it was good which was a nice touch.

My only criticism was the prawn tempura I ordered as a starter; while the prawns were large and fresh they were a bit greasy.

Price was great given how expensive Koh Samui is in comparison to other islands. Staff were lovely.

Yum.

• Visited April 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Authentic food at very reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visited this unassuming little family run restaurant one evening at about 9 pm. Chef was busy cooking at the open kitchen area at the front of the premises facing the busy roadside. Surprisingly once you are within the outside premises and past where he is cooking the presence of the very busy road diminishes. The atmosphere inside is very laid back and relaxed. Once you have given your order from the reasonably comprehensive menu you just need to sit back and chill as Addy and his assistant only seems to prepare one dish at a time, thus giving it their full attention. When it arrives the food is very good though and very authentic Thai. We only found this restaurant towards the end of our holiday as otherwise we would definitely have gone back for another try. Prices for both food and drinks are very reasonable. The family dogs are always present and the family cat but none bother the customers.

• Visited March 2013