“Cheap food but not worth it”

Black Diamond Restaurant
Ranked #675 of 1,323 Restaurants in Ko Samui
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Situated on the main Lamai walking road, opposite the Bauhaus Restaurant/Bar...Probably called Lamai Diner previously.
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Service was awful! Not sure if it was a one off based on past reviews but I had a terrible experience. Staff weren't friendly and took ages to pay attention to us. They just walked around aimlessly not really doing anything. The food wasn't great at all either! Just not worth it, really regret dining here.

There are newer reviews for Black Diamond Restaurant

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The service is fast and friendly and the food is decent though not spicy enough for our liking, even though we asked for extra chilli. Still a very tasty meal though. If you fancy a change from seafood try the steaks. They're not massive but they're well cooked and not badly priced either. My husband ordered one and had to fill up on pancakes afterwards, and he's not a particularly big eater so if you want quantity you might want to order an extra dish.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

When me and my partner stayed in koh samui, Lamai for 2 weeks over the new year, this place we found was the best place too eat. Great food at cheap price. A lot of the restaurants in Lamai are over priced, but we found black diamond the best. The food was amazing and the staff were so friendly. They do Thai and western food. Quick service. We came to this restaurant over 5 times while we were over there.

2  Thank Rachaelandmark
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had a chicken soup - the worst of my life: flour&water mixed to a thick white creamy sauce with some bits of meat no salt or any other taste than that. i was astonished that you can go so wrong with a thai chicken-soup. Could not eat it at all.

The other dish was a stir-fried basil chicken. Nothing special, nor tasty about it - just like food from a cheap canteen. At least it didnt cost too much, which we didnt know upfront and was not the reason for our choice. We were fooled by its relaxed atmosphere - but should have been alarmed by the sad faces of the other poor guests who made the wrong choice.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have dined at this restaurant several times in our stay in Lamai. (Last year and this year). The service is friendly and normally very fast. Several times I refused to order food before I got my cocktail :-). A normal Thai dish is between 80 -100 THB. In addition there is a pool table in the back, which is a excellent pastime for the children. They serve fresh seafood and I can really recommend the Tiger prawns.

1  Thank Truls E