“day trip”

umina beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“day trip”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We really enjoyed our day trip on speed boat on a perfect day to koh tao (beautiful) Nice lunch and water was amazing to swim in. Kho Nang -yuan was absolutely beautiful. Snorkeling was ordinary compared to other countries we have been to, but still enjoyed the day. Staff were very helpful and friendly and would recommend a day trip away from Koh Samui to see the beautiful islands before they get spoiled. Only complaint was the unfriendly people on our trip but that cant be helped!

Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Assen, The Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very good to explore the Angthong National Marine Park”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Went on the one day trip by speedboat. Because the speedboat is a lot faster than the slow boats we had a lot more time to spend in the water (snorkeling, kayaking) and on the islands (sightseeing, chilling on the amazing beaches). The guides spoke good English, were very helpfull, professional and gave us information about the places we visited. On the boat we got water and fresh fruit in the morning and afternoon. Lunch is served on a Island. The marine park is very beautiful! Amazing islands and beaches, clear water with colourfull fish and other sealife. We even spotted dolphins. I can deffinatly recommand this company. I booked through Samui Twin Tour & Travel 2 (Kanchana Prompan, located in Chaweng Beach)

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A good day”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We did the tour of the marine nature park which included all transport, snorkelling, walk up to view points, lunch at the fishermans village, kayaking and some relaxing time at a beach on one of the islands. This tour was well run and the guides spoke ok English. All in all good value compared to some tours though the boat did have circa. 30 other people on board and some of the sites were a little crowded. I don't think this was specific to this tour group rather a symptom of the great scenery and popularity of this type of day trip! The scenery is definitely worth the trip.

Visited February 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“No good”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

This tour is rushed, packed, and the majority of our boat were sick. They use a slow boat so if the water is choppy, it can make even people who don't get sea sick like myself feel really crap. The tour only supplied the goggles, no flippers and you are kind if treated like cattle. The day is so rushed.

If you want to do a good snorkeling tour I recommend '100 degrees east' look it up and have a read. It's excellent. More expensive but well worth it. The guides provided us with everything we needed. Towels, goggles, flippers. Instead of having lunch at a restaurant it was on the boat provided by them. Might not be as nice as restaurant food but I preferred it because you get while you travel so more time for snorkeling. Their boat leave earlier in the morning than the others so you avoid all the tourists at the islands. They also take you out on the boat to good spots instead of just swimming out from the shore. You are very well looked after and staff are so friendly! We went to koh tao but I think they go to the national marine aswel. Deffinately look into it because the angthong tour is not worth your money!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worst tour I have been on in my life!!!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

This is one day in my life I will unfortunately never get back. Firstly we signed up purely for the snorkelling and on arrival were told there would be no snorkelling due to weather (it was calm and sunny at that point so not sure what the problem was).

Our biggest mistake was booking the large slow boat instead of speedboat. We had thought it would be lovelier and cruisy, however it took 1 hour 45 mins EACH way, on the ride from HELL with about 50 people around me vomiting the entire way. The only thing that I clung onto was that it was all worth it to experience a beautiful island or 3 as we were told. However the 3 "islands" were the dirtiest, smallest, ugliest pieces of sand and water I have ever experienced. Even St Kilda beach back home in Melbourne (our most polluted beach) was a thousand times better. It was a stark contrast from our experience in the beautiful tours at vanuatu last new years. Kayaking was for about 30 mins and we werent given any instructions, so had to wing it. We were rushed onto the kayaks and I had never been on one before so would have appreciated some safety instructions.

At each island we all had to disembark the large boat and were crammed onto small wooden boats which almost capsized each time from the ocerload of people. At the last island some poor souls tried to snorkel but the water was so polluted they couldbt see anything. There were 2 other tours there and between us it was like being at a crowded concert- the island was that small.

All in all, 95% of the tour was comprised of travelling. Do yourself a favour and skip this tour- I wish I had researched it before booking!