“Great Tour!!!”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Tour!!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

When my wife and I are planning to visit the Angthong National Park, choosing which tour to go with was a nightmare!!! I read a 1000 reviews atleast and still had no idea which one to choose...some people said to go with one company while others had a lot of bad things to say about the same company!! some travelers reviewed to go by speed boat while others said they went by speed boat and there were too many people!! Well hopefully my review will help a lot of travelers planning to visit this National Park. I am going to be as objective as I can as I believe that every traveler is unique and has his or her unique requirement i.e. I might like one thing and that thing might be a deterrent for another respective traveler.
First - No need to pay double the price to go with ANY other company. THEY ALL GO TO THE SAME PLACE!
We were taken on a speed boat with approximately 25 people. There was ample space in the boat and we did not feel crowded at all. The tour guide (I forget the name) was very friendly and also took pictures for us. He was making jokes; however, was not too intrusive. This is what I meant when I said that some people might find his jokes annoying and give a bad rating to the tour. However, believe me, he was not and was just the perfect balance of guiding you and giving you ample time to yourself.
Snorkeling area was ok...nothing great but then that has nothing to do with the Company as all the boats go to the same place.
We were taken to a village for lunch which was also good. After that we went kayaking (do choose this option; however, please note that it gets tiring. But the beach and the water from where you kayak to makes it worth it.
The Emerald Lake was really good but the steps were really steep. We wore slippers which was fine however, I do believe people who are not too fit should take appropriate shoes. Some people might think that the view is not worth it as it does get you really out of breath.
All in all a great tour and you should book it with your eyes closed!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank FaisalAnjum

• Polish first
Byron Bay, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best day in the most pristine environment.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had the most amazing day with the best tour guide.the thing we loved was it wasn't touristy & we felt like all day we had the islands to just our boat.I have done a few tours around phuket,Phi Phi & Railay & this tour surpasses all of them on every level.The views are stunning & the walk to Emerald lake is so worth the steep stairs.Great day out & money well spent.Do it you wont regret it.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank maree u
Bruges, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful environment but way too touristic”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wish I hadn't spent my money and time on this daytrip. The Marine National park is absolutely stunning with amazing flora and fauna such as monkeys, birds, fish and fat germans in tiny speedo's. Don't try to feed them (specially not the last one).

The trip is not good organised (only two guides for 200 people), the boat is overcrowded and you constanly have the feeling you've been ripped off (which you are).

It is hard to enjoy the national park when someone is standing on your feet because there is not a square meter left on the boat and a fat german in tiny speedo's is complaining about the temperature of his Chang and the eating-hour

Really bad experience...

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Search for other tour companies to fully explore this beautiful park.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Overall a subpar experience. The park itself is sublime but I would recommend researching other companies.

The speed boat was safe but the three locations we stopped at were absolutely mobbed. The entire trip felt like a tourist trap. The return back to our hotels was disorganized.

Visited August 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Marine park trip is excellent”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We chose this company having looked at others and using Tripadvisor as a steer. TA was useful, this company provide a slick service, pick up from hotel, transfer to speedboat, with more than enough room. Kids of 6 and 9 perfectly ok with speedboat. Great views etc. for snorkelling bit, take your own masks if you've got them as there's are basic( but they are perfectly useable if you don't have your own) Lunch, kayaking and beach stop all stunning. Staff friendly, good English skills. All round a great day.

Visited July 2013