“Marine park trip is excellent”

Ang-Thong Discovery Tour
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Marine park trip is excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We chose this company having looked at others and using Tripadvisor as a steer. TA was useful, this company provide a slick service, pick up from hotel, transfer to speedboat, with more than enough room. Kids of 6 and 9 perfectly ok with speedboat. Great views etc. for snorkelling bit, take your own masks if you've got them as there's are basic( but they are perfectly useable if you don't have your own) Lunch, kayaking and beach stop all stunning. Staff friendly, good English skills. All round a great day.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Simmotrip

• Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Trust me... The best trip I have done in thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have visited thailand before and done a large variety of tours trips, boat rides etc over the years.

Their trip was great for many reasons and the highlight of our latest trip to koh samui.

It was well organized with a good English speaking guide very friendly and informative, he was excellent as was the captain a very safe driver.
I felt very safe and the boat could accommodate Around 45 people but there were far less on this. There were plenty of life jackets on board which was great for snorkeling and kayaking. Was good to see them encouraging everyone to wear them kayaking and was optional for snorkeling as it was a safe swimming spot. I was happy for the life jackets I am not a strong confident swimmer, however my partner loved going without as he loved diving down amongst the coral reefs.
The overall trip was great snorkeling average but still an awesome time to take a swim, the lookout was great, fresh lunch, lots of fresh ice cold water and fruit. The kayaking was really cool.

I come from New Zealand so am used to gorgeous scenery and view and love the outdoors but this was still really cool to see.

I would highly recommend this trip, professional safe and very enjoyable day out for a reasonable
Price.

Trust me when I say there are some dodgy operators out there but they were great. I would happily do again.

Visited June 2013
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“One Day Disvoery Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We did the one-day discovery tour following a recommendation from our hotel. It included a coach pick-up, travel by speed boat to the various islands throughout the day, some snorkelling, a view point on another island, lunch, a pretty beach and some kayaking.

The snorkelling was nothing special and the mask provided very incomfortable, the view point was nice and worth it, the beach fairly impressive and the kayaking was good.

The speed boat wasn't great - everyone was packed into a relatively small room (I'd usually expect the ability to be able to see the sun on a boat tour like this). However the continous fruit provision made it a decent day!

Overall, not a bad trip.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Simon C
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Rip-off, dangerously overpacked boats and false advertising of service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We booked with this company to go to a Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan as we were staying on Koh Samui.

The package supposed to include hourly boats returning from Koh Phangan to Koh Samui from 1am to 7am. We booked this as the regularly scheduled ferries between the islands usually finish at around 6pm and resume at 7am. The price of a regular ferry ticket is usually round 100 baht. We paid 800 baht for this service as we reasoned that it Included transfers to and from our hotel and boats coming back every hour. We didn't want to wait until 7am to leave the party.

On the way we had to wait over an hour to get a boat to Koh Phangan. Coming back we arrived at the pier at 4.30am and the company didn't put on a boat until 7.30am. We were livid as we could have waited for the regular ferry and paid a lot less. To add to that, they over packed the boat by double, half of the people had no life jackets and the front of the boat was over-weighted with people (as its a speed boat this is extremely dangerous). I had to point this out to the guys working on the boat repeatedly (and fairly heatedly) at which point I was told that if I didn't like it I could get off the boat (having waited three hours at this point).

The guy next to me started to recording the entire situation, noting the name of the company etc. They eventually provided another boat for the excess passengers.

Honestly this is a really terrible and dangerous company to buy from.

Avoid at all costs.