Tripadvisor

from $84.98
from $127.36
from $123.35
More Info
All reviews sunset cruise day trip red sails beautiful boat great cruise captain and crew free soft drinks spring rolls private charter highlight of our trip national park mai sveta ship barron cocktails koh
Selected filters
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We did the all day cruise in Ang Thong Marine Park, and overall it was a good experience; but considering the cost of this tour compared to some other ones, I do feel the customer service wasn't up to par compared to the price tag.
When I asked if it would be possible to get some fresh water to rinse my camera I got a very stern "no" - at least I asked before taking my camera in the water! (if you let the camera dry without rinsing after sea water, the salt can attach to components and ruin them). Since every other cheap and cheery 800 baht snorkeling tour I've done in Thailand was happy to provide this, I was perplexed that a more expensive operator flat out refused. I'm not sure if this refusal was just due to a translation issue (in which case, again, not been an issue on cheaper trips) or genuine, but it was so stern I didn't feel like arguing the point.
Secondly crew seemed very hesitant taking pictures of you with your own camera - they did do it in the end but it took some convincing. They were quite happily snapping away with their own phones / cameras but we definitely didn't get any details as to where those photos went!
Except for - at the end of our cruise we suddenly got presented with a little commemorative plate with one of our photos for which they wanted to charge us some extra money. Except from being environmentally wasteful, trying to get some extra money out of us after (for us) already quite an expensive trip just seems inappropriate to me. For us, we just said no thanks, but there was some families with small children who then wanted the plate leading to some stern telling of which I imagine is not how you want to end your day.

On the positive side - the food was very nice, and there was actually a decent thought through vegetarian option rather than a more typical "here's the same without meat", and there was little nibbles and drinks throughout. The boat trip lasted long enough we got to see the sunset on board (see photo) which was nice. The boat was large and luxurious with plenty of space to lounge.
As for the destination itself... Eh. If you've seen Halong Bay in Vietnam you can definitely skip this one. The islands are nice but not on the scale of Halong Bay. The viewpoint is nothing special, and the snorkeling could be a warning advert for "here's what will happen if you don't take care of the natural environment". If your main interests are the viewpoint and snorkeling, maybe take a trip to Koh Nangyan and Koh Tao instead - both the view and snorkeling are far superior in my opinion.

2  Thank cynistra
TheRedBaronSamui, Owner at The Red Baron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We like comments of our customers very much.
This time however you are mistaken, because you did not
join the cruise with “The Red Baron”.
On this day there were two ships on the cruise to the Angthong Marine Park.
First our Sailing Ship, “The Red Baron”, is the biggest Sailing Ship with its huge red sails. Our Sailing Ship has 90 very comfortable red upholstered seats and sun beds.
Our Ship has enormous space and you can visit and enjoy different areas such as the buffet area, followed by a salon with its bar, a big lounge, and the upper deck for sun lovers with upholstered red seats and red sun beds.
Service of course everywhere.
We are the only ship who have a bar plus bartender. Besides fabulous cocktails we serve bottled beers, all kind of wines., prosecco and champagnes.
Of course all bottled soft drinks and bottled water is for free and will be served during the whole cruise whenever wanted.
We are the only ship that has cooks onboard. Everything is freshly cooked
The service is outstanding (see other Trip Adviser comments), and supervised by a Guest Relation Manager.
As we are a Traditional Sailing Ship we love to sail and do it whenever the weather condition are allowing it.

Our crew is not allowed to take photos of our guests with their devices.
But if customer love to make a photo of themselves and the exciting Sailing Ship with their own cameras we are more than happy to assist them.
Pity that you have not been on our impressive and elegant Traditional Sailing Ship.

By the way our Sailing Ship with all its comfort, elegance and all the amenities is significant cheaper.
Welcome next time.

Due to the reason that you did not join our cruise to Angthong, we kindly ask you to delete your comment on Trip Adviser.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

This is the second time I have been on Red Barron last time a day cruise. Its a great ship with great freindly crew that nothing is too much trouble. They also serve great food which is included that is made fresh on board. Also water soft drinks are included and beer etc can be purchased at reasonable prices.

Away I will certainly go on this trip again next time I am in Koh Sumi

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 6, 2020

The reviews of this trip say it all and we were left very satisfied with the Sunset cruise we went on this Christmas Day. It is so relaxing and great food on board that we would return the next time we are on Koh Samui. Probably one of the best boat trips I have ever been on. The staff are lovely and the German owner Berndt is a bit of a character and very knowledgable of the area.
All in all a fantastic trip that didn't disappoint and we recommend this to anyone. Go on, book it and enjoy it as much as we did.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

We booked the Red Baron as a private charter as a surprise for my husband’s 50th. We were offered a number of options all at very reasonable rates, we opted for the sunset cruise! Mai and her team were just brilliant! Nothing was too much trouble and they certainly made the experience even more special.

There were 12 of us on board, including 4 kids who had a fantastic time jumping in the sea.

The freshly prepared Thai buffet was amazing and served up some of the best food we had eaten during our holiday.

I can’t recommend the Red Baron enough and if we ever return to Koh Samui we would certainly book it again.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Mei was an excellent tour guide. Food on board was delicious, and activities were enjoyable. You get:
1) Pick up from hotel to pier
2) Boat tour around Samui
3) Breakfast, lunch, dinner. All delicious
4) Free non-alcoholic drinks on board
5) Snorkeling
6) Swimming
7) Wildlife (pigs)
8) Drop off right back at hotel

You also have the option to jet ski around one of the islands, and purchase alcoholic drinks on board (not too pricey)

Well worth it