“Excellent friendly camp”

Stevenage, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent friendly camp”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I've trained here twice now and plan on returning for a third time.

All the trainers are great and they give you a lot of advice, attention and encouragement whether you're sparring, hitting the bags/ tyres or when they hold pads for you.

I learned so much both times I was here and can't wait to go back again.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Philip O

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Gym to get in shape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The gym is tough and a good place for fighters to get into shape. So it wasn't for me. I came to Thailand for a vacation and refine my mauy thai skills; not to fight. I wasn't taught any skills, just told to kick the bag 200 times, knee the bag 200 times etc. The gym staff was nice and the gym itself was good.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Joey S
Newcastle, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great experrience for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I've just finished the 2 hour morning training session (250 baht) and it was great. I'm not a fighter and have had no Muay Thai experience so was a little apprehensive, I needn't have been. I found the trainers to be very friendly and helpful. It was a fabulous workout, making my hourly classes in my uk air conditioned studio a walk in the park! I will certainly be back.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank RonandLou
Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent place to train Muay Thai in Koh Samui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I trained at Jun's for a week. I did not take private lessons; instead I
attended the twice daily 2 hour sessions in the morning and afternoon. The class size was larger in the afternoons, with more than 20 people training, whilst the morning classes had between 10 and 15 people training. Each training session has a mix of jogging/skipping, a few rounds of punching and kicking at the bags, 2 or more sessions of pad work with a trainer, sit ups and stretching. There were about 6-10 trainers each session, and they were always on the lookout to correct my technique and guide me, and ensure the correct number of reps have been done. The trainers are demanding, and stickler for perfect technique, and within 1 week with about 10 sessions, I felt a good level of improvement in technique, as well in fitness. Overall, it was a positive experience, and I am grateful and happy for the privilege of training there.

4 Thank smoothvibes
Broome
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my 2 sons (36, 13 and 12 years old) just finished up some Muay Thai training in Koh Samui at Jun Muay Thai (Lamai). Over 2 weeks we trained for 10 days (a day off here and there) and have to say it was awesome!!

The 3 of us have had prior Boxing/Tae Kwan Do experience and improved our Muay Thai continuously for the time we were there. We all did one on one training (1 trainer each) the price I thought was very good for the training you received, equipment was provided (gloves and wraps)

Definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to learn or improve on there fighting skills. Thanks to Jun and our trainers! See you next year!!!!

2 Thank Stewy T