“Excellent place to train Muay Thai in Koh Samui”

Jun Muay Thai Boxing Camp
Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent place to train Muay Thai in Koh Samui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I trained at Jun's for a week. I did not take private lessons; instead I
attended the twice daily 2 hour sessions in the morning and afternoon. The class size was larger in the afternoons, with more than 20 people training, whilst the morning classes had between 10 and 15 people training. Each training session has a mix of jogging/skipping, a few rounds of punching and kicking at the bags, 2 or more sessions of pad work with a trainer, sit ups and stretching. There were about 6-10 trainers each session, and they were always on the lookout to correct my technique and guide me, and ensure the correct number of reps have been done. The trainers are demanding, and stickler for perfect technique, and within 1 week with about 10 sessions, I felt a good level of improvement in technique, as well in fitness. Overall, it was a positive experience, and I am grateful and happy for the privilege of training there.

4 Thank smoothvibes

Broome
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience #1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my 2 sons (36, 13 and 12 years old) just finished up some Muay Thai training in Koh Samui at Jun Muay Thai (Lamai). Over 2 weeks we trained for 10 days (a day off here and there) and have to say it was awesome!!

The 3 of us have had prior Boxing/Tae Kwan Do experience and improved our Muay Thai continuously for the time we were there. We all did one on one training (1 trainer each) the price I thought was very good for the training you received, equipment was provided (gloves and wraps)

Definitely recommend it for anyone who wants to learn or improve on there fighting skills. Thanks to Jun and our trainers! See you next year!!!!

2 Thank Stewy T
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Book in advance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Missed out on training with these guys. I did buy myself some good quality stuff and will be the envy of the guys at my gym :):)

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Joseph B
Guernsey, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Jun Muay Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Well priced and well run local gym!

The staff are friendly and its run like a big happy family, great experience for first timers and also for more experienced fighters looking to Fight and train Muay Thai

Visited August 2011
4 Thank daniel l
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

We emailed Jun and arranged for an hour of one-on-one training. My wife has experience with MMA--it was brand new to me. Jun and another pro fighter taught us moves and gave us a great hour long workout. They provided gloves. Highly recommended for tourists or honeymooners who want a good workout before another lazy day of eating and drinking at the beach!! Bring water or sports drink. I forget what we paid, but it was an incredible deal for an hour of one-on-one training.

Visited February 2012